****Official Dallas Mavericks 2016 off-season thread; aka, "Dirk plus 4 hamsters"****

14,484 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fightinags2013
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll bet that means this is Dirk's last rodeo. Savor it, Mavs fans.
True Anomaly
AG
Just to wake this thread up, remember that it's USA vs Australia this afternoon
Quinn
AG
quote:
I'll bet that means this is Dirk's last rodeo. Savor it, Mavs fans.
It really seems like he wants to get to 20 years, so I think he will play at least two more. I do expect him to be like Timmy and just announce his retirement with no warning after his final season is over.
True Anomaly
AG
Next Wednesday the 28th, the Mavs are hosting a open to the public practice on the floor of the AAC from 11-1.

Also, apparently there's a podcast network called "Locked On" that features all teams, and the Mavs now have a daily podcast about the team hosted by Ticket JV'ers Mike Marshall and Jake Kemp. Search "Locked On Mavericks" for the podcast. It's only been out a week, but it's some pretty good breakdown of team before training camp starts
fightinags2013
AG
With KG, TD, And Kobe retiring, Dirk Nowitzki is now NBA's active leader in games, MP, FG, def boards, points, and win shares.
PatAg
AG
Really not sure what to expect from the team this year.
fightinags2013
AG
I think they'll be better if they stay healthy.

DWill
Matthews (hopefully rejuvenated a bit)
Barnes (I think better than Parsons... Maybe I'm overly optimistic)
Dirk
Bogut (also need healthy)

Bench: Harris, JJ, Seth Curry, Q Acy, and I think a much better and consistent Justin Anderson

So I think we are gonna get a much better Matthews/Anderson, better Center play, and better shooting with Curry.

All about avoiding big injuries.
True Anomaly
AG
Barnes is the biggest X-factor on this team since he'll have to step into a role he's not used to, and it more expansive than what he was on his old team. He does differ from Parsons in that Parsons could drive well to the basket and create his own shot.

Bogut is an legit rim-defender when healthy, but apparently he is an underrated passer- which is a dynamic that should help the offense, particularly because Carlisle has this "flow" offense that is generated on the fly

Very excited to see Justin Anderson grow further, and Seth Curry expand his own role a bit

I'm more excited about this season than last for sure
TheMasterplan
I keep blanking out and think we have Matt Barnes on the team instead of Harrison.

I'm glad I'm wrong.
Guitarsoup
AG
TheMasterplan said:

I keep blanking out and think we have Matt Barnes on the team instead of Harrison.

I'm glad I'm wrong.

I thought the same thing, until I remembered that Dallas bought a Golden State starter kit. Bogut, S. Curry, Barnes
94chem
Quote:

Really not sure what to expect from the team this year.

Pretty sure Carlisle could put up 40 wins with the Duncanville girls roster.
True Anomaly
AG
Didn't get to see the game last night, but apparently Wes, Justin, Seth Curry, Quincy Amy and even Nicholas Brussino and AJ Hammonds put up good stats in the win over the Hornets. Barnes, however....1/10 from the field.

Mavs Moneyball called Seth Curry "this season's John Jenkins"- which I think only makes very few people excited since JJ didn't last the season last year, and only showed great flashes in the preseason. Hopefully Curry won't suffer the same fate
fightinags2013
AG
I think Curry will be in the guard rotation, and will probably get a lot of minutes when DWill, Harris, and JJ inevitablely miss some time with injuries... Just my two cents. Don't see him going the John Jenkins route.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.