*** Team USA - 2016 Olympics ***

9,015 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ulrich
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Melo is having a great f*ucking game right now
WestTexAg12
AG
It's funny that we almost got beat by a bunch of white Aussies
Nick Toohey
AG
quote:
It's funny that we almost got beat by a bunch of white Aussies
With the help of an Aussie in Irving
WestTexAg12
AG
I played against the Australian Defense Force basketball team when deployed. Those dudes were pretty good. We beat them, but damn they put up a fight, especially since I underestimated them.
MGS
Patty F'ing Mills.
fightinags2013
AG
Melo and Kyrie saved the day. Might see those guys again in the Gold medal game, especially since Marc Gasol isn't playing for Spain this year.

Serbia next
8T2
I'm so glad Lebron was able to get his name in the news during the Olympic games that he chose to ignore.
Olsen
AG
Almost lost to Serbia. No more easy route from here on out.
OldArmy71
AG
Turns out white guys can play, too. Who knew?
West Texan
AG
quote:
Turns out white guys can play, too. Who knew?

Serbia played much better as a team than the U.S. did. Their offensive movement in the half court was light years better than ours. They cut hard, moved the ball well, and set hard screens the whole game. Throw in that there never seems to be a rhythm to these international games because of the amount of fouling and that it's the norm for teams
Playing the U.S. to basically foul immediately and take away any chance at a fast break, slowing the game down, it's hard for our guys that don't get a ton of practice together to look very crisp offensively.
Isaih Smollett
quote:
I'm so glad Lebron was able to get his name in the news during the Olympic games that he chose to ignore.

I mean he already won 2 golds for us..
Ulrich
I don't really like this team. First unit plays like hot garbage. No defense. Thompson, Irving, and Durant consistently stand in poor defensive posture and watch perimeter players blow past and or even worse, DON'T watch while they make cuts off the ball. Then Cousins is dozing in the corner providing no help. On offense, they hardly even bother with basic screen and rolls. Its all iso and not even good iso, it's the crappy attempts that come from not respecting your opponent enough to make a real move. It's like Durant thinks they are going to trip over their own feet so he can take an open jumper.

I can't find +/-, but I'd be willing to bet that the starting 5 were at least -10. They are playing all star game basketball and it's going to get us beat.

Bench looks a lot better, especially when Paul George isn't out there daydreaming. Jordan, Green, and DeRozan at least play like it's a real game.
jckrjr7
AG
I'm confused why Durant has been so quiet in the second half the past few games. He's the best player on the team. He should act like it.
MGS
quote:
I'm confused why Durant has been so quiet in the second half the past few games. He's the best player on the team. He should act like it.
He's just preparing to be the second- or third- banana on the basketball team.
WES2006AG
AG
Looks like Team USA has finally woken up.
Good Poster
AG
Crazy to think any of these games have been close. Out of the entire tournament Team USA has the top 12 players and it isn't close.
CorpsAg11
AG
Those fans did not give a damn that their team was down 30
Deadwood
AG
Jordan just dunked on Gasol's pumpkin head
Lance Uppercut
AG
Nice dunk from Jordan. There's a good gif to be made out of the fan reaction behind the basket.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
DJ playing big right now.
bert harbinson
AG
The 3rd was the DJ quarter.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gold medal game on Sunday afternoon. Playing the winner of Australia-Serbia.

bert harbinson
AG
He ain't got no rings, but doing everything he can to get some gold.
SA-AG72
AG
DJ has Gold!!!
Iowaggie
AG
bert harbinson
OldArmy71
AG
Shaky start, great game! A pleasure to watch.
Ulrich
Next time around they need a true PG on the roster. Wouldn't hurt to swap out on of the spare forwards for another defense-first post, too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.