2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

363,600 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rms007
Natasha Romanoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You do tend to jump to dramatic implications on various sporting topics. This game is important, but let's not act like we have the same stuff on the line as NO. HCA is vital, but it's not like fighting for your playoffs life.
Ganondorf
AG
Patty with the old fashion 3 as well
Natasha Romanoff
Damnit. I'm happy we are making a run but I really wanted to go to bed. Guess I'll sweat this one out.
Ganondorf
AG
And then patty turns it over
LawHall88
AG
Ha, not sure what an "underground hater" is. Perhaps just unfairly transferring my BAS to the Spurs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Making NOLA fans sweat.
Ag with kids
AG
quote:
Damnit. I'm happy we are making a run but I really wanted to go to bed. Guess I'll sweat this one out.
YOU want to go to bed? I'm in the friggin Azores staying up to see what happens. Suck. It. Up.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Spurs are on the ropes. I think these next 5 minutes determine if the Spurs repeat. Have to get it down to 8 or so going to the 4th. I just don't see this team winning 3 or 4 series on the road. Of course I hope I am wrong.
This is one of the stupidest posts ever typed on this board. For real.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Making NOLA fans sweat.
Natasha Romanoff
Yes since I have to be up in 6 hours.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
You do tend to jump to dramatic implications on various sporting topics. This game is important, but let's not act like we have the same stuff on the line as NO. HCA is vital, but it's not like fighting for your playoffs life.

I tend to play the odds and not get overly emotional about low odds for my home team. At times teams overcome the odds, but the odds hold true the majority of the time. Stating those odds, doesn't make me dramatic. If anything the opposite is true.
BlackGold
AG
Why does manu continually do that?
Deputy Travis Junior
Low seeds usually don't win because they're usually not as good. I don't know basketball history well enough to say, but I'm guessing that most 6 seeds don't roll into the playoffs with 55 wins (absurdly high for the 6 seed) and having won like 20 of 24 (red hot).
Ganondorf
AG
Manu still thinks he's himself from a while back where he can hit those 3s on the run. That's Patty and Danny's thing now.
Natasha Romanoff
Because stating that title hopes go down the drain during a regular season game isn't a dramatic conclusion. Nope. Not at all.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
Spurs are on the ropes. I think these next 5 minutes determine if the Spurs repeat. Have to get it down to 8 or so going to the 4th. I just don't see this team winning 3 or 4 series on the road. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Care to expound why? You think we have a great shot if we come out as a 6 seed? Please explain what gives you that belief. I have been stating for a while HCA was a huge part of last year. Look at our road record. We have a tougher path this year, if we lose tonight, than we did on any of the previous 5 championships.
Ganondorf
AG
3 crappy possessions back to back
Chipotlemonger
AG
But what of when that game dictates such a change in seeding?
Ganondorf
AG
Deficit down to 5!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hacking has begun.
Ganondorf
AG
Hack Asik in effect
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
Because stating that title hopes go down the drain during a regular season game isn't a dramatic conclusion. Nope. Not at all.

2 vs 6 seed was the discussion, but go ahead and change the metric if you want. I'm going to get vack ti cheering the Spurs towards the major comeback as winning this game is easier than winning a championship from the 6 seed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

2 vs 6 seed was the discussion, but go ahead and change the metric if you want. I'm going to get vack ti cheering the Spurs towards the major comeback as winning this game is easier than winning a championship from the 6 seed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LE CROISSANT
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't stop disbelieving. You're skepticism is the key to victory!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
so spurs fans, honest question. i fully understand the strategy and feel it is part of the game but are you entertained watching your team constantly intentionally foul?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What a stupid question.

No, and you wouldn't be either.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
so spurs fans, honest question. i fully understand the strategy and feel it is part of the game are you entertained watching your team constantly intentionally foul?

Yes, the drama whether he'll hit or airball is tnt level.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
so spurs fans, honest question. i fully understand the strategy and feel it is part of the game are you entertained watching your team constantly intentionally foul?

I'm entertained watching us win every year and hosting champ trophies quite often. Don't care how we get there.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
so spurs fans, honest question. i fully understand the strategy and feel it is part of the game but are you entertained watching your team constantly intentionally foul?

Don't care. If we had bad FT shooters I would expect coaches to do the same to us. Make your FTs and then the strategy is pointless.
Ganondorf
AG
Bad defense and bad shots allows the lead to get to 9 again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Falling apart.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:
quote:

Care to expound why? You think we have a great shot if we come out as a 6 seed? Please explain what gives you that belief. I have been stating for a while HCA was a huge part of last year. Look at our road record. We have a tougher path this year, if we lose tonight, than we did on any of the previous 5 championships.
I would say that homecourt was not a huge part of last year's playoffs. Let's look at them:
Dallas: we went 1-2. One of those 2 losses came on a buzzer-beater turn-around 3-pointer that Carter hits probably 5% of the time. The other loss was by 2-3 points.

Portland: we went 1-1. Our loss came after we obliterated them on the road in game 3 to take a 3-0 series lead. As a team, we just didn't care about game 4. We knew we had them and we came out flat because of it.

OKC: we went 1-2 on the road. HCA would be important against OKC because they get so many foul calls at home, but they're fairly unique in that regard.

Miami: we went 2-0 on the road.

So that's a 5-5 road record against playoff teams. We won at least 1 game (i.e. enough to take home court) in every series.

Now some regular season facts:
In last year's regular season (the team we're playing like at this moment), our road and home records were virtually identical (32-9 at home versus 30-11 on the road). This year, since our epic turnaround started after that 4 game losing streak, we are 8-2 on the road (which includes blowout Ws over Atlanta and OKC, and a W over Houston).

This team can win on the road. I'd like HCA obviously, but it's not a death sentence.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
it was just a question. while i'd expect houston to do the same if they had the chance it's just boring as crap to watch
Natasha Romanoff
It doesn't bother me that professionals getting paid millions get embarrassed/frustrated by missing FTs.
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.