2014-15 5(x) Champion San Antonio Spurs - Title Defense Thread.

363,611 Views | 4050 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rms007
Sher Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are 0/3 from three. Gunna have to start moving the ball and creating open looks. Gotta have to hit at least 4 or 5 in the second half if we want to win.

Natasha Romanoff
Diaw is playing pretty well. It appears he's decided to start enjoying basketball again.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
We're shooting 58% and getting blown out. That doesn't happen very often.

Good news is that if we tighten up the defense a bit (and we can do that), we can get back into this game in a hurry.

Well unless Splitter dresses out at half, we are out of options on guarding Davis. It would be nice if our deep bench outside of diaw would do anything.
BlackGold
AG
Start hacking Omar.
Ulrich
Diaw is turning into a volume shooter in front of our eyes! No hesitation taking outside shots. He knows Davis wants to lurk under the basket, so he's going to keep taking them until Davis comes outside.

I want to see Kawhi take over on defense.

Lots of the Pelicans screens are good, but any time the defender is going to successfully get over the top the screener is sliding out. It's going to be tough to defend effectively unless the refs start calling moving screens because every possession is turning into a 2 on 1. We might even have to go zone at some point because we're getting slaughtered on the pick and roll.
phatpat21
Haven't been watching but just saw score
Ouch
Summary?
BlackGold
AG
Parker still playing sloppy.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
Ouch
Summary?

Cans can't miss, no answer for Davis, Spurs can't hot a 3 ball. Too many turnovers and iso ball.
phatpat21
Ugh
Really want them to get this game and get the 2 seed
BlackGold
AG
quote:
Ugh
Really want them to get this game and get the 2 seed

We all do.
Old Army Metal
AG
quote:
Ouch
Summary?
Halfway through the third, Spurs 0-3 from three.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Made a bit of a run but momentum is back with NOLA.
GatorAg03
AG
Spurs are on the ropes. I think these next 5 minutes determine if the Spurs repeat. Have to get it down to 8 or so going to the 4th. I just don't see this team winning 3 or 4 series on the road. Of course I hope I am wrong.
Ganondorf
AG
Tony is so careless with the ball tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Turnovers and zero defense.
Ganondorf
AG
No stops
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
The only question is when will Pop throw in the towel. It is just one of those nights.

Really wanted the 2 seed. Running the table from #6 given how loaded the West is may be near impossible.

Are you an undercover hater?
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
Spurs are on the ropes. I think these next 5 minutes determine if the Spurs repeat. Have to get it down to 8 or so going to the 4th. I just don't see this team winning 3 or 4 series on the road. Of course I hope I am wrong.
Chill man. The Spurs may still get what is basically the 4 seed if the Pacers come through. Even if not, the Spurs will own the clips or rockets in round 1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I think these next 5 minutes determine if the Spurs repeat.
Yes it sucks to not get the #2 seed, but don't be so dramatic.

A championship team needs to win road games.
BlackGold
AG
We pull it in close. Then turn it over. Just frustrating to watch.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
Chill man. The Spurs may still get what is basically the 4 seed if the Pacers come through. Even if not, the Spurs will own the clips or rockets in round 1.

Round 1? We obviously have very different goals for this team. If anyone can win as a 6 seed, it is the Spurs but odds are much better as the 2 seed. That's simple math.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
quote:

Playing the clips in round one will be rough.
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
quote:
quote:

Round 1? We obviously have very different goals for this team. If anyone can win as a 6 seed, it is the Spurs but odds are much better as the 2 seed. That's simple math.
This ain't your daddy's 4/5/6 seed.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
quote:

Not dramatic at all. Rarely do low seeds win it all. We will be bucking history and stats to win it all out of a low seed. If anyone can do it it's the Spurs in a close west, but don't act like this game didn't make the path infinitely harder.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How much does that Knicks loss suck now?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
How much does that Knicks loss suck now?

Dammit don't bring that up
Adam87inSA
AG
THIS is the price we pay for losing at the Knicks.

Or giving away a won game over the Cavs.

Take your pick.
aggie_2001_2005
The Spurs will be favored in their first two series regardless of whether they have home court.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not. You don't act like this game decides if we repeat or not.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank God, Patty. That three was huge.
Ganondorf
AG
Patty with a 3, deficit down to 11
BlackGold
AG
Big make there.
GatorAg03
AG
quote:
I'm not. You don't act like this game decides if we repeat or not.

My guess is the oddds went from probably around 50% to probably less than 25%. We went from the favorites to the underdogs. For the 10th time, the veteran Spurs can do it, of anyone can, but this is a big blow.
yawny06
AG
Not over yet gents...
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:

If y'all lose, it'll be the clips or blazers. You can't lose tonight and play the rockets in the first round.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 116

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.