******BTHO LSU******

8,068 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by GigEm200$
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our RPI after the weekend is 66. I think some of our non-conference opponents had bad weeks which brings down our strength of schedule. But the main thing is not winning any of the last 3 games.
GigEm200$
Yup...needed 7 points from the prior 3 matches....got 1...that in a nutshell was the season.
GigEm200$
That's not fair...I truly feel for him. He wants to win more (or at least as much) as we do. He knows the last 4 years have not lived up to his own, let alone the Aggie standard. Very few get to end their careers on their own terms. That's just the reality of life.
taylorswift13_
So we're just supposed to sit idly by while our coach cusses out a female ref, throws his girls under the bus and blames them for losses, never takes accountability for his scheme or coaching decisions, always has excuses, refuses to adapt his game, fails to recruit at a high level, and can't win a third of his conference games while he pretends we're one of the best teams in the country!

Being a bad soccer team is one thing, but him lashing out on female referees is something entirely different and ever since he threw our girls under the bus last year mid season by saying he needed to go get better players in the portal, I've been out on this guy. Then this year he followed it up by calling them soft and not good enough. That's who he is. And I can't wait till he's not coaching anymore! This program, our school, and these girls deserve better!
taylorswift13_
Fairfield, Columbia, Grand Canyon, UConn, Boise State, Creighton, Loyola Chicago, James Madison, South Florida, Army, UMass, Dayton, Liberty, Rice, Western Michigan, Rutgers, St Louis, Georgetown… what do these schools have in common you may ask?

They're all currently ranked higher soccer teams than our Fightin Texas A&M Aggies!!!
MookieBlaylock
AG
Liberty- def don't have issues with the players and football team
taylorswift13_
Not one mention of last week's game, no apology for getting ejected from the game… typical Coach G

Giggem
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Not one mention of last week's game, no apology for getting ejected from the game… typical Coach G

He said that he got kicked out because he thought his team was being treated "unfairly,"

But that was it.
frankie00
Many people think Coach G should retire, be forced to retire or be fired. I think it would be best all around if he would simply be asked to retire and then forced out if he declined.

But I think about the results of such after it happens. A new head coach from another school would probably replace the entire staff. Some would say this would be great. Coach Ford's staff is all different. Worked out well. Might lose some players to transfer. Or even a lot of them. Perhaps none? As I mentioned in another post on this thread bringing in a new coach and staff does not guarantee great results.

OR either making Phil interim coach (trial period?) or the new head coach and he can keep his assistant coaches or replace them. What do people think about Phil? If he had full control, would things change? Is the current style of play all G's or a mix of his and Phil's? What about Alyssa Mautz? She was great at A&M and played professionally for a long time. It would be great if she could stay, perhaps even coach some day (think Mark with women's tennis).

Well? A clean sweep, only G or what? What do you guys say?
Giggem
AG
I'm not advocating for anything.

But in response to your question, as a realistic matter, it's useful to know that the field players are coached by Phil and GKs by G. So, what you see in terms of field play is basically a Phil system.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Only way is a clean firing and zero attachment to the program

Biggest mistake the school ever made was allowing RC to have an office and job and influence

A forced retirement never works
HiddenAg2
Coach G is more of a CEO type coach and mainly focuses on the GK position. He does know the game for sure, but it's Phil that basically runs the team as far as alignment and strategy. So, if we were to part ways with G, it would almost certainly be a clean sweep and reset in the program. And I think it's probably the best way to go. I do think this would be a very attractive job if it opens, especially with the new stadium in the works. I'm sure that would be a big selling point as well.
taylorswift13_
Clean house… softball and volleyball did it and made the ncaa tournament year 1 while they rebuild. Softball is going to be a top 10 team in year 3. Volleyball is currently top 20 in the country in year 2. We can't even make the tournament now so what do we got to lose lol! It's time to start over and start working to build this program into one of the elite soccer programs in the entire country! I can't wait for it!
GigEm200$
If G is out, probably only realistic option is a complete reset.

One thing is for sure, whether it is a new coaching staff or this staff returns next year is sure to be a totally different team on the field next year. The starting forwards all graduate. There will be in infusion of talent from the incoming freshman class and the players who missed this season due to injury. The portal will be flush with SEC caliber players if the roster caps are enforced in 2025.

This could be a quick rebuild, we should be back in contention for the SEC and in the NCAA tourney next year.

We're at our low point, but it won't be long.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.