******BTHO LSU******

8,080 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by GigEm200$
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully G has to miss 2 games now.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Jimma
Time to get mean and put some blood on the pitch.
taylorswift13_
Commentators overstating the importance of Coach G on the sideline
taylorswift13_
Jimma said:

Time to get mean and put some blood on the pitch.
red card for Jimma
MarcAg
AG
If they lose this game, G will be using this as an excuse a month later. He loves to lean on excuses. If we didn't have injuries or didn't have bad calls then things would have been different.

Hopefully Aga get another goal. A loss here would be bad.
aggiedrjdub
AG
All he has are excuses. "Next year we have some great finishers coming in." It's always next year.
MadDog73
AG
He won't be back next year.
taylorswift13_
Coach G might only have 180 more minutes left coaching at this school
aggiedrjdub
AG
We look like the bad news bears out there.

Why is Wilkinson still on the bench for the love of God!!?
Aggie Futbol
The Matula handball for a PK was a correct call. Her arm was extended from her body when the ball struck the arm. The LSU handball was correctly called as well. The LSU defender's arm was tucked into her body and not at all extended when the ball struck the arm.

The second goal the Aggies gave up was just poor defense. Our ability to score is a function of many variables but one is our unwillingness to aggressively put players into the box on the offensive end.

The team is so sloppy with passing, trapping, dribbling.
Rastin
The goal was due to poor defense and should have been stopped, agreed.
aggietoolman
AG
There are some claiming the decision on G has already been made.
aggietoolman
AG
Goal Ags!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Beautiful set piece by Becerra
TRM
AG
MadDog73 said:

He won't be back next year.
Yup forced retirement.
MarcAg
AG
Ridiculous goal.
MadDog73
AG
It has been made.
taylorswift13_
Keep G away from the field
aggiedrjdub
AG
Source?
taylorswift13_
Girls are playing with so much fire and energy right now
Gap
AG
Better than a loss but we just make too many mistakes and are totally inconsistent. LSU is not a good team. Our defense gives away too much that just can't happen.
MookieBlaylock
AG
aggietoolman said:

There are some claiming the decision on G has already been made.

Go on
aggiedrjdub
AG
Ends in a draw. Really hope you guys are correct. This team needs an identity. Confused scramble is what I'm seeing. They played better in the final 10 minutes without their coach lol
CDub06
AG
What a dumb, frustrating sport
Gap
AG
We out shot them 24-6 and 9-3 on goal.
aggiedrjdub
AG
But the reality is we are not a good team either, so a draw is fair at this point.
CDub06
AG
But that Becerra goal was Absolute perfection.
aggiedrjdub
AG
Beautiful. Hang it in the Louvre
missinAggieland
AG
I would argue there is a difference between being a bad team versus not playing to your potential.

We should and could be better. Far too many mistakes and inefficient use of the midfield. We take too many bad shots, or we just don't finish. Our passing is sloppy.
MookieBlaylock
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Rooting for a tie- only thing we have yet to accomplish this season

i am on a roll-

rooting for a Coach G-String firing
AggieCrew44
AG
The goal every official should have is to not change the outcome of what a game should be. Don't feel like that happened tonight, so I have no problems with G doing what he did tonight

Becerra goal likely saved their season
GAP76
AG
Coach G was fighting for his team.
MarcAg
AG
GAP76 said:

Coach G was fighting for his team.

And his job
HiddenAg2
Tough result for A&M. Questionable calls on both penalties (although I think the ref got them right after reviewing) and then Coach G ejected for maybe the only time I can remember in over 20 years of following the program. A tie against a struggling LSU team forces us to win against either Arkansas or Mississippi St, both top teams in the nation. That is a tall order for this team, which at times looks in disarray on the field.

The frustration of not just the game but this disappointing season boiled over for G and the shot of him walking off the field does bring into question whether or not he will be coaching his last game at A&M next Sunday night against Mississippi St. I believe he is now suspended for the Arkansas game in Fayetteville, so there's only one more guaranteed game left.

I know it might sound crazy, but for the first time I do believe he could be coaching for his job in that match. A win over a highly ranked MSU would boost the RPI high enough to probably make the NCAA tourney at 9-8-1 (I don't see A&M beating Arkansas on the road) and most likely see him return in 2025. I have heard some rumblings that his job is in fact on the line, and some have said Trev has already made a decision (I have not heard that myself so cannot confirm). I didn't think he would be on the hot seat this season because of the many injuries and a more talented group of players returning from injury or coming in next year, and the fact that he has been in the tourney the last two years. And the fact that most ADs do not usually buy out minor sports coaches' contracts, instead allowing them to run out and then make a change due to cost constraints. However, coaching decisions and a general apathy in both the team and the fan base has set in, and the program has clearly been in decline for several years now as evidenced by the drop-off in not just results on the field but in recruiting (there is a reason most of our commits are coming from California now and not Texas). I do not know what will happen, but Coach G has had a good run at A&M as the longest tenured coach in the nation, but it's becoming more apparent now that change is needed for some fresh ideas and perspective for the program.

As a sidenote, that free kick goal by Beccera was the goal of the season. Just a beauty to at least temporarily save our postseason hopes.
taylorswift13_
2 more games and a new chapter of Aggie Soccer begins!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.