******BTHO UConn******

6,530 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiewilliford
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
5-0 almost 500
jkag89
Aggies 0 - Huskies 6
MookieBlaylock
AG
6-0

Glad our AD paid for this trip

Anchorhold
That's it. It's an omage to G's record breaking........ oh wait. Nevermind.

6-0.
WheelinAg
AG
I stopped watching, but keep refreshing this page.
Jimma
I too have seen enough. I don't believe they will even score against the UConn subs.
Hand Of God
AG
I have been following Aggie soccer for over 20 years. This is easily the worst defeat in that time. A nail in the coffin for this program. It's all on G.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Hand Of God said:

I have been following Aggie soccer for over 20 years. This is easily the worst defeat in that time. A nail in the coffin for this program. It's all on G.

I got your other 12 years covered

Yeah this pathetic
Anchorhold
*1995 was the 3 goal overtime against Marquette.
jkag89
Hand Of God said:

I don't think I'm as ardent a fan as most that post on game threads, more or less became a fan of Aggie Soccer because attending games at Ellis Field is a blast, and this is the worst game I can recall.
MookieBlaylock
AG
UConn put in the Full House goalie Mary Kate who has played 12 minutes in her career
Anchorhold
I've got it. Of course. Throw this game so coach can announce his retirement after 500th victory AT HOME. This may take a while.
jkag89
Aggies 0 - Hukies 6 Final

It is going to be a long SEC season.
blake2003
AG
Last year we lost to Vanderbilt 0-6 who ended up finishing 12th in the SEC. The last few years have provided some of the most head scratching results we've ever seen for this program.
MookieBlaylock
AG
When your teams worst player is the Captain, what results do you expect?
Soccer1
That was a hard one to watch. It was like watching the Vanderbilt game from last year. Not being able to hold possession is killing this team along with all the unforced turnovers. Coaches seem to be fine with this team being a kickball team and this isn't going to work playing talented possession teams. We really missed Fuller in goal this game. McClellan's height was an issue in this game. Even the announcers mentioned it. McClellan also was in goal when we played Vanderbilt last year. Coincidence? This is a poorly coached team whose coaches don't value possession. Hard to see this team making the tournament this year.
CDub06
AG
I remember when we used to beat teams like UConn 6-0
Furlock Bones
AG
We should have upgraded from coach G long ago when he has the program right there but it was evident he couldn't go all the way. The program will be a much bigger job to rebuild when we finally let him go.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Furlock Bones said:

We should have upgraded from coach G long ago when he has the program right there but it was evident he couldn't go all the way. The program will be a much bigger job to rebuild when we finally let him go.

Nah - a good coach will have this program on the final 4 in 2 seasons
CDub06
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Furlock Bones said:

Nah - a good coach will have this program on the final 4 in 2 seasons

There are no fewer than 4 candidates that could do that on this message board alone.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I mean the guy can't even tell who is best players are and hasn't been able too for at least a decade
Hand Of God
AG
What's crazy is that UConn isn't even good. Tied Vermont 2-2. How far the mighty have fallen.
HiddenAg2
Obviously a really ugly result today. 3 of UConn's goals were basically junk in front of goal and some pretty poor GK honestly. Not sure what's happened to Fuller? But this team can't hold possession at all and doesn't really seem to know how to attack good teams consistently. The talent level is down, yes, but there is adequate skill on the backline to avoid giving up 6 goals. This game reminded me a lot of last year's Vandy game, so hopefully it's just a fluke or things will get ugly fast.

Just not sure how this team is going to make the NCAA tourney this year, which means that's 2 missed tourneys in 4 years and potentially another losing season as well. AD Alberts can't be comfortable with what he's seeing in the program right now. I hope the coaches can turn this around soon or it's going to be a very tough SEC season.
Smudge
AG
Damn… that was brutal
taylorswift13_
Fuller was in crutches on a tiktok I saw weeks ago, but made the trip and was moving around fine! Not sure what the extent of her injury is
taylorswift13_
Instead of funding a near week trip to THE NUTMEG STATE we could've lost at home to a Southland or WAC school for a lot cheaper and saved that money for G's buyout
wangus12
AG
Hand Of God said:

Just checking back in to see how many G apologists are left around these parts.

Are there still some left?
mullokmotx
AG
I think the first RPI comes out tomorrow.
taylorswift13_
I guess Coach G stormed off and forgot to do a presser post game lol
mullokmotx
AG
Our RPI is 55, 11th among SEC teams.
taylorswift13_
mullokmotx said:

Our RPI is 55, 11th among SEC teams.
oh no imagine when we start playing SEC teams
aggiedrjdub
AG
brutal and really embarrassing as a program and university tbh. following a victory against tcu with an 0-6 defeat to uconn. unacceptable. we are not a serious program if we keep this coach one season longer.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
CDub06
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Instead of funding a near week trip to THE NUTMEG STATE we could've lost at home to a Southland or WAC school for a lot cheaper and saved that money for G's buyout
At least we all learned something about the state of Connecticut this week.
taylorswift13_
Things we learned on our Connecticut vacay

1. NUTMEG STATE
2. Central Connecticut has a lighting problem
3. Our goalie is short
4. UCONN's soccer field has too long of a name
5. Coach G skips his post game pressers if he loses
6. Bjork's curse lingers through our athletic department
sharpdressedman
Such a lopsided loss. Has the team quit on G?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.