******BTHO Baylor******

8,990 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MookieBlaylock
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aaaaand we go down 1-0. Just terrible.
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Rudyjax
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Becerra shoves her high school teammate down with a friendly shove that warrants a yellow lol

Flo Mo vs Flo Mo violence.

That team would've won state in 2020 and 2021. Stupid Covid.

taylorswift13_
I love McDonalds speed, but she has no touch whatsoever… 4 years later and nothing different, that's on coaching
taylorswift13_
5 to play
LB12Diamond
AG
Just saying if she's loafing, she needs to sit.
Rudyjax
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I love McDonalds speed, but she has no touch whatsoever… 4 years later and nothing different, that's on coaching

I don't know man.

Tons of soccer players never get that touch. If they did, they'd all be all world.
Rudyjax
AG
That goal was deserved. Baylor deserves this one.
stoneca
We simply got outplayed in every facet of the game tonight! Baylor was the aggressor from the start of the game! Baylor pressed us all night long. We could not set up our offense at all.. We could not string passes together and get contro9l of the ball. Hats off to Baylor and again many questions surrounding Aggie soccer. Coach G has been here 32 years! Maybe it's time to go in another direction?
Rudyjax
AG
It's been past time.

Really good but not great.
taylorswift13_
Well volleyball looked great in their season opener today
aggiedrjdub
AG
I think G just doesn't or can't recruit those top players anymore. His style is antiquated and his players are undisciplined. G needs to go if we are serious about competing for titles.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Oh no we suck again

1 shot on goal
taylorswift13_
MookieBlaylock said:

Oh no we suck again

1 shot on goal
"the shots just didn't fall in tonight" - Coach G in about 10 minutes
AggieCrew44
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

I think G just doesn't or can't recruit those top players anymore. His style is antiquated and his players are undisciplined. G needs to go if we are serious about competing for titles.
His pipelines were clubs in Colorado and Cali. Schools everywhere are taking it more seriously than 15 years ago and players aren't coming across the country to play anymore when they can stay close to home

The talent outside of the two center backs and Pante just isn't there. Our best goal scorer transferred. Our best midfielder transferred to the national champions. Team just isn't good
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Oh no we suck again

1 shot on goal

And it was in the last 5 minutes.
aggiedrjdub
AG
100% this. We all see that. I've seen U16/U17 ECNL teams better than this.
Gap
AG
4 games in and 2 losses to teams outside of last year's RPI top 100.

Not good at all. Whatever needs to break, breaks in our close games.

Very disappointing start to this season.
CDub06
AG
It's bad.
Smudge
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

100% this. We all see that. I've seen U16/U17 ECNL teams better than this.

This could be a long season. We're a step slower, passes aren't on, and we're indecisive when it matters, especially compared to years past. Should definitely have won this game. Very frustrating.
dtk9119
taylorswift13_ said:

Didn't they just hire a new coach last year? Funny how that works...
taylorswift13_
dtk9119 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Didn't they just hire a new coach last year? Funny how that works...
watch a post game press conference from both of them… it's night and day!

In his second year he brought in 5 transfers and all of them had an impact game 1, the beat down on a top 25 team in an exhibition, and just beat another tourney team to open the season! He also has a top ten recruiting class coming in next year! I am a huge fan of Coach Morrison! He is passionate and hungry to win!
taylorswift13_
Maile Hayes has 2 goals and an assist in 3 games for USC and Carissa Boeckmann played 90 minutes for a top ranked Florida State team in their last match
HiddenAg2
Really disheartening effort tonight. Some of this is coaching tactics, style of play, etc. but some of it is we don't have that talent disparity we've had in years past. The rest of country are putting more money and effort into women's soccer and they've caught up and many have passed us as a program. I don't think Coach G is necessarily doing anything different that he did 10 years ago, but he doesn't have that 2014 level talent on the field anymore. The coaching staff just doesn't have the answers when it's an even matchup talent wise.

A&M just doesn't have any threat up top that can make defenses play honest, so they just attack our midfield and pressure us the entire game. And we're not good enough technically to pass our way out of it. Not really sure what can be done about it this year. The only real solution is in the offseason and portal, but without serious investment in NIL, I think we will struggle to compete at the top level anymore.

If things continue to go poorly, I think a losing SEC record and a missed NCAA tournament might be enough to at least warrant considering a change. The program has clearly been in decline for several years now, so we'll find out if Trev Alberts cares about soccer or not pretty soon.
aggiedrjdub
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Really disheartening effort tonight. Some of this is coaching tactics, style of play, etc. but some of it is we don't have that talent disparity we've had in years past. The rest of country are putting more money and effort into women's soccer and they've caught up and many have passed us as a program. I don't think Coach G is necessarily doing anything different that he did 10 years ago, but he doesn't have that 2014 level talent on the field anymore. The coaching staff just doesn't have the answers when it's an even matchup talent wise.

A&M just doesn't have any threat up top that can make defenses play honest, so they just attack our midfield and pressure us the entire game. And we're not good enough technically to pass our way out of it. Not really sure what can be done about it this year. The only real solution is in the offseason and portal, but without serious investment in NIL, I think we will struggle to compete at the top level anymore.

If things continue to go poorly, I think a losing SEC record and a missed NCAA tournament might be enough to at least warrant considering a change. The program has clearly been in decline for several years now, so we'll find out if Trev Alberts cares about soccer or not pretty soon.

"I don't think Coach G is necessarily doing anything different that he did 10 years ago, but he doesn't have that 2014 level talent on the field anymore". This is the problem. The game has evolved. He has not. The best players do not want to play for him currently. Nothing will change until a new coach is brought in that can match the current evolution of the game. Can we hire Emma Hayes? Lmao
agsalaska
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

FIrst time watching this team this season and I was at the game. Couple of thoughts

1. I am not sure how sensitive this board is and won't call out players directly, but there were two or three girls in maroon and white that were not at the same level as the other girls on the field. And I mean not even close. As in not SEC/Big12 level players. Maybe not D1 players.
2. The continuity in the attacking half for us was non existent. In the words of my late father, every time the midfield zigged the forwards zagged. It was atrocious.
3. I have no idea how Denver scored three goals, but our Defense played very well tonight.
4. Our goalie is a freak athlete. Phenomenal talent.

Last, I am tired of watching these goalies pretend they play defensive midfield. I have no idea why or even really when this started, but it has spread all the way even to the premier league. Why a coach allows a goalie to be 40-50 yards out of their goal when the ball is within ten yards of midfield just blows my mind. The goalie for Baylor played like an idiot and it almost cost his team a goal. I am glad our goalie doesn't do that.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I know 1 that isn't SeC or Big 12 and she has C band

Go on with the other 2

Aggie Futbol
I completely agree with the previous poster who complimented our keeper and the defensive line. Both were very good last night. The goal, which was a gem, Baylor scored was a product of poor midfield marking by the Aggies. A few of our central midfielders are nothing more than "space fillers" and I'm not sure they are very good at that either.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Lets be honest it has been obvious for the last few year G is not the answer anymore. Sure you can point to the talent but that is also his job.
TMartin

Start looking now.
90ags
Coach G has been solid thru the years (no nat'l championship), but last few 2 years have been very uninspiring and maybe tiring. While a lot of this season remains, do think he needs to be replaced if they don't at least make elite 8 (albeit, not sure the team has the talent/depth or not shown it yet early on).

Know he's won or tied for the SEC regular season championship, but hasn't won that tournament either.

This season will tell the tale as hopefully they get a bit more urgency in their play.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
MookieBlaylock
AG
Was this post from 2014 or today?
Artimus Gordon
AG
Man, this thread is a disappointing read. Softball is really looking up. Volleyball seems to be on the upswing with Morrison. Maybe it's time.
Gap
AG
Our play so far would have us nowhere even near the NCAA bubble for the 64.

The TCU game has become a very big one for us to put something positive on the board to balance out the two "not top 100" losses through 4 games.
sharpdressedman
They realized that they were wasting their college careers at A&M. They are highly talented players who want to compete for championships. Best wishes to them.

Aggie soccer is in a multi-year downward spiral, and elite recruits and portal transfers won't come to play for G.

The program appears to be running off a cliff.
Soccer1
One SOG in 90 minutes. This was the problem G complained about last season and thought he would remedy by bringing in all these transfers at the expense of losing Hayes and Boeckmann. Both making an impact at much better soccer programs. Just don't see the offensive upgrade from last season outside of O'Rourke's who was lost for the season due to injury.

Possession was in favor of Baylor 58% to 42%. Possession continues to be an issue due to unforced turnovers. As mentioned before the player that wears the C band turns the ball over quite often in the middle. Leb played the holding well the last two seasons, I'd like to see her back in that role as she seems to be one of our better possession players along with Beccera in the middle. McDonald is the same player she was 4 years ago, she's fast but it doesn't equate to scoring. Get Jernigan in the starting lineup and see what you have. The coaching mentality seems to be we'll just work harder than the other team. How about play smarter, hold possession, don't force the ball up the field when there is nothing there and build up into the final third to create opportunities.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything changing going forward unless there is a coaching change. This team is looking like a .500 win team this season at best without some major adjustments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.