Canada cheating

1,554 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Faustus
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ok. I'm still learning the beautiful game and maybe those with more knowledge and understanding can help.

What can be gained from watching training?
jeffk
AG
Personnel, formations, but set pieces would be my biggest area of interest.

Sounds like a federation-wide problem if both mens and women's teams are doing it and it didn't stop when Marsch was hired.
deadbq03
AG
If you're gonna cheat, at least be good at it.

jessexy
AG
Rudyjax said:

Ok. I'm still learning the beautiful game and maybe those with more knowledge and understanding can help.

What can be gained from watching training?
The biggest thing would be potential starting lineups for the opponent. Most teams train with the starting XI on matchday -1 so you can get some info if you spied on that practice.

Say you're playing Inter Miami and expecting Messi, Busquets, and Alba to be in the starting XI but you see them over on the side from your drone, You were planning to put out a 5-4-1 heavily defensive formation but now you can play your normal 3-4-3. That would be helpful information from watching the opponents' training.
txagman1998
AG
That's one hell of a spying operation the Canadians have put together. Puts Michigan football to shame.
Dre_00
Women docked 6 points in the Olympics. Au revoir ladies.
jeffk
AG
Big fine and their HC is banned from soccer for a year too. Wonder if anything happens to Herdman (I know he's not there anymore) or anyone higher up at Canada soccer.
jeffk
AG
Some outstanding quotes in here from US soccer folks about Canada's paranoia and cheating.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/40654826/us-soccer-aware-prior-canada-spying-incidents

But yeah, in my experience playing and coaching, it was always the cheaters who were most paranoid about being cheated.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Some outstanding quotes in here from US soccer folks about Canada's paranoia and cheating.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/40654826/us-soccer-aware-prior-canada-spying-incidents

But yeah, in my experience playing and coaching, it was always the cheaters who were most paranoid about being cheated.

It's always the dishonest that accuse others of being dishonest. Doesn't matter what it's about.
Pahdz
helpful article
TheMasterplan
This is so counter to the understood stereotype of Canadians being "overly nice."
Rudyjax
AG
TheMasterplan said:

This is so counter to the understood stereotype of Canadians being "overly nice."
From my experience, those that are overly nice smile at you and stab you in the back.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
deadbq03 said:

If you're gonna cheat, at least be good at it.

All that cheating and those guys are the ones that score on you?!? I'll take 'names I don't want to see in a USMNT jersey again' for 800 Alex.
jeffk
AG
The Canadian women's coach emailed several other employees to help coordinate the spying. Note to everyone: don't keep notes on a criminal conspiracy.

Also referenced an extensive spying program on the men's side.

https://www.tsn.ca/olympics/westhead-tribunal-denies-canada-s-appeal-as-priestman-email-details-a-whole-operation-of-spying-1.2156249
TRM
AG
Faustus
NM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.