*****official USA vs Bolivia match thread*****

7,372 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aggiebird02
aggiebird02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the most comfortable 2-0 USA victories I've seen… and I've seen a lot of 2-0 USA victories… if you know what I mean… I mean all the 2-0 tournament and championship and hex victories over dog ass mexico…
AgGrad99
AG
Did they give Alexi a hard time in the post game?

He was saying 'everyone is picking 2-0, but this is going to be a 3-4 type of game'. He said it a bit 'know it all', like he tends to do.

Game ends 2-0.
AgGrad99
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

One of the most comfortable 2-0 USA victories I've seen… and I've seen a lot of 2-0 USA victories… if you know what I mean… I mean all the 2-0 tournament and championship and hex victories over dog ass mexico…

Agreed...the announcer kept making a big deal outta us only getting two goals. Which, I get the point, but we were constantly creating good chances. That's what I care about.
concac
AG
AgGrad99 said:

He was saying 'everyone is picking 2-0, but this is going to be a 3-4 type of game'. He said it a bit 'know it all', like he tends to do.

Game ends 2-0.
Would've been 4-0 if Pepi was more clinical with his finishes.
Aggies1322
AG
Unemployed said:

AgGrad99 said:

Game ends 2-0.
Would've been 4-0 if Pepi was more clinical with his finishes.

Just watched the highlights.. game should have been 5-0. Pepi looked atrocious in front of goal.
oh no
AG
For those that misssd it

aggiebird02
MotM…
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Bolivia is not so good at football.

Is Ed Sheeran healthy, er, I mean Josh Sargent? Neither Flo nor Pepi have really been great lately.
aggiebird02
I was hoping he'd see the field last night. The dude is underutilized…
Aggies1322
AG
Didn't Flo score?
aggiebird02
Aggies1322 said:

Didn't Flo score?
Do you really think he meant to nutmeg that defender?

/Clint Dempsey last night postgame
Aggies1322
AG
Did he actually say that?
AgGrad99
AG
We definitely need to bury some of these chances.

But we dominated, like we should have done. And we generated a ton of really good chances. When you're doing that, the goals will/should come. I'd be much more concerned if we couldnt generate an attack, and weren't giving ourselves chances.
aggiebird02
Aggies1322 said:

Clint isn't afraid of speaking the truth. He knows the guy got lucky…
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Didn't Flo score?

Yeah, but he should've had 3. Bolivia is a weak sister and he should have handled business better.
wangus12
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Aggies1322 said:

Clint isn't afraid of speaking the truth. He knows the guy got lucky…
Are we talking about Flo's goal? Because no striker "means" to nutmeg a defender with a shot. Its something that simply happens when they hit it low and hard. I didn't think Flo had a great night last night, but that was a well taken goal that he put in the right spot from that position
aggiebird02
Clint's point was he played poorly, but got lucky on a goal. I completely agree with my man Clint…
Aggies1322
AG
I remember the days when the primary goal of strikers was scoring goals. If you do that in a game, then you've done your job. Flo did his job.
aggiebird02
That's a very simplistic outlook…
wangus12
AG
I agree that he played poorly and I'll even say his first touch from Pulisic wasn't great, but he put that ball exactly where you are supposed to from where he was and did it with his weaker foot. That was a well taken goal.
aggiebird02
Wrong.

Why are y'all all on this dudes nuts?

It was a clumsy, lucky goal. He had a crap game and other strikers deserve to be given an opportunity to be just as lucky and clumsy…
wangus12
AG
I'm not riding his nuts. He's pretty much been terrible and a big letdown since he committed to playing for the US, but there is nothing wrong with that goal.

aggiebird02
I never said it was wrong, just awkward, clumsy and lucky. He sucks as of right now, and I hope Gregg has him on a short leash if he starts again…
oh no
AG
if greggg can't trust any of his #9s to be very effective as a true striking center forward, i wonder if he'll consider adding an extra winger and have CP10 play centrally as more of a false 9.
Project Gemini
AG
I thought Flo was a winger and playing true striker was out of position for him. Or he was a winger at Aresnal if I'm recalling correctly. Would've been nice to see Sargent get a chance IMO.
deadbq03
AG
oh no said:

if greggg can't trust any of his #9s to be very effective as a true striking center forward, i wonder if he'll consider adding an extra winger and have CP10 play centrally as more of a false 9.
You have a fantastic imagination if you're even considering the notion that ggg will get creative.

For years now our attacking personnel has lent itself to having a fluid system that doesn't use a traditional 9. We've had an embarrassment of riches at AM/winger and no one stepping up as a 9.

Now that we have Cardoso in the mix, we're in even better shape to do a creative attacking formation. Put him and Adams in a double pivot and go with a 4-2-4 (or 4-2-2-2, if you will). Use a pair of false-9s up top with 2 AM/wingers behind them. Rotate those 4 around in creative ways to make mis-matches and screw up defenses' marking.
Mathguy64
AG
The false 9 to play is Gio. But ggg has him playing much deeper. Im assuming it's to keep him back to take up defensive space because he doesn't drop back when he's playing higher.
PatAg
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The false 9 to play is Gio. But ggg has him playing much deeper. Im assuming it's to keep him back to take up defensive space because he doesn't drop back when he's playing higher.

He's also the central mid most confident receiving the ball under pressure and then doing something with it.
wangus12
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

I never said it was wrong, just awkward, clumsy and lucky. He sucks as of right now, and I hope Gregg has him on a short leash if he starts again…
That I absolutely agree on. All of them should be on a short leash. Flo and Pepi both should've scored multiple times last night. I'd be down to see Sargent get a runout against Panama. He had by far the best year of the 3 of them.
aggiebird02
Word

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.