******BTHO LSU******

7,053 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Giggem
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Soccer is coming off of an emotional win on Sunday and they need to keep the good feelings rolling tomorrow night at LSU to secure a top seed in the SEC Tournament and to put themselves in favorable position for the NCAA Tournament.

Tomorrow night's game at LSU kicks off at 7:30PM and will air live on the SEC Network.

LSU is 8-7-2 with a 3-5-1 record in the SEC. Their most noteworthy win in non-conference play came as they took down Texas in Austin by a score of 3-1. Their conference wins have included @ Georgia 3-2, #21 Miss State 2-1, and Tennessee 1-0. They lost @ Ole Miss 0-1, Florida 0-4, @ #13 South Carolina 0-1, @ #25 Alabama 1-4, and @ Auburn 0-3. They tied #18 Arkansas 1-1.

Overall they've outscored opponents 30-23, but that drops to a 8-17 deficit in conference play.

Goalie Mollee Swift should be a familiar name to SEC fans as she has been in goal for the Tigers since 2020. Swift has totaled 57 saves this season, while allowing 23 goals. The Tigers have 3 shutouts on the year, but have been shutout themselves 5 times this season.

A&M has ruled LSU in the sport of Soccer. A&M holds the all-time record against the Tigers with 12 wins, 2 ties, and 0 losses. The last matchup came in College Station last season and accounted for one of those ties, with a final score of 2-2.

There's a lot on the line for A&M in this one, so they should be amped up tomorrow night. LSU has had trouble scoring in conference play and have given up plenty of goals to their SEC rivals. Unfortunately, they have played better at home, only losing one conference game and two games overall in Baton Rouge.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The post jinx may be over - time for a Hayes hat trick and move on to the tourney on Flow Rider
dtk9119
I am confused. G keeps saying if they beat LSU they win the West and get #2 seed. How is that possible -- if Arky also wins (vs MS ST) A&M and Arky have 13 points vs West opponents. Arky gets #2 seed based on head to head win over A&M. Only way A&M gets #2 seed is w/ a win AND an Arky loss/tie, correct?
MookieBlaylock
AG
The guy can't even get his best players on the field together and you expect to understand playoff seeding
CDub06
AG
I'm not sure how the seeding will work and didn't want to work my brain too much. That's why I left it as "a top seed" and didn't give any specifics.
Win = Good seed
Win / Arky Lose = Better Seed
Gap
AG
dtk9119 said:

I am confused. G keeps saying if they beat LSU they win the West and get #2 seed. How is that possible -- if Arky also wins (vs MS ST) A&M and Arky have 13 points vs West opponents. Arky gets #2 seed based on head to head win over A&M. Only way A&M gets #2 seed is w/ a win AND an Arky loss/tie, correct?
I listed to G a couple of times on this topic.

G has never said we get the 2 seed simply by winning. We need to win and hope that Arkansas does less than that.

Now he has stated that we can tie for winning the West with a win.
dtk9119
Gap said:

dtk9119 said:

I listed to G a couple of times on this topic.

G has never said we get the 2 seed simply by winning. We need to win and hope that Arkansas does less than that.

Now he has stated that we can tie for winning the West with a win.
Re-reading notes from his recent interview w/ Nuno, he does indeed not say they get the #2 seed w/ a win only. But I know he's thrown that scenario out there in the past. Oh well, it is what it is.. it would just be nice to finish top 8 and not have to play on Sunday.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yes a bye and 1 win is huge

Winning the tourney would be nice but doesn't really help the legs for the real tourney
HiddenAg2
Just win and we get a bye which is important. Tie or loss and we probably will be playing on Sunday.

I think the whole East/West divisions thing is just dumb. Never understood why it was done except for coaches to be able to say "Hey we won the division" or "We finished second in the division", which completely ignores the overall SEC record which is what matters. Arkansas is going to win the West tonight anyway.
blake2003
AG
Pregame Calzada ran over to Pante and screamed "YOU READY TO F#%^ THEM UP?" Ags by 100.
BQ_90
AG
Anyone know Arky score?
MarcAg
AG
Too many dribbles. Have to fire that one in goal.
KCup17
AG
0-0 last I saw
Jimma
Damn they wait too long before making the pass.
Peace2u
Can we just work the ball up the field PLEASE?????
KCup17
AG
It's just hopeful long ball after hopeful long ball
Aggie95
AG
First Aggie soccer game I've watched in years. We seem much slower than I remember.
Jimma
Arkansas -22 points
Miss St- 17
A&M - 14

It appears the best the Aggies can do with a win is tie for second in the west with Miss St should Miss St lose to Arkansas. Am I wrong? 3 points for a win and 1 point each team for a tie.
Jimma
Disregard this is total points among both divisions.
HiddenAg2
Arkansas scored a late goal to win the West. Best we can do is the #4 seed with a win.
WVAg18
Our last 15 minutes we had such good energy and chances. Not sure why G waits to put in Maile and Carissa until 10-15 minutes left where they don't have much time to really flourish. I just hope he plays the players that bring the most energy in the second half. Let's win this
blake2003
AG
This is, by far, one of the worst college soccer environments I've ever been too. It's like a morgue.
blake2003
AG
How do Kenna's kicks turn into PK's within seconds? Horrible.
dcaggie04
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

Arkansas scored a late goal to win the West. Best we can do is the #4 seed with a win.

Who's the 3 seed in this scenario?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ugh
DeangeloVickers
AG
Oh my
Peace2u
Again… Can we just work the ball up the field PLEASE?????
WVAg18
Sammy loses then ball then fouls in the box, but stays in. She is playing poorly this half. Why did they take out Maile for Jasmine so soon? We need speed and tenacity.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'm always amazed how poor our passes are. So many needless turnovers
WVAg18
We need Maile and Mak up top. Speed!!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
There it was...switching field and not dribbling into 3 defenders.

Let's go
Aggie1205
AG
Decent build up then shot way too high.
DeangeloVickers
AG
We're setup so good and we just dribble into a defender. Relax play soccer were better

That throw in was something

Goodness
Jimma
Baker is going to score for LSU as she wants it more. McDonald needs to use her speed and get the ball into the box and hope for a foul.
WVAg18
G making the craziest subs. We need all our best players ON the field
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.