******BTHO Arkansas******

7,043 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by blake2003
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M soccer returns to Ellis Field to host Arkansas on Sunday night at 6PM. This is a huge game for A&M, but the matchup itself may be overshadowed by the much anticipated Taylor Swift theme night. This will be A&M Soccer: Taylor's Version.

Anywhooo....the game will air in the usual places - Video on SEC+ on the ESPN App and audio via the 12th Man app or Radio Aggieland.

So, let's talk about Arkansas. Arkansas is a team that A&M used to routinely beat. After the Ags reeled off 8 straight wins, the tide changed in 2018 as Arkansas started their own winning streak against the Aggies. Since 2018, A&M is 0-5 against the Razorbacks. Close contests have been a theme of this series as well, with 9 of the last 10 matches having a 1 goal margin of victory.

This 2023 version of the Arkansas team is going to be a problem. The Razorbacks are 6-2-1 on the season, with those losses coming to top 10 teams of #1 North Carolina (1-3) & #8 Clemson (0-1). Arkansas also tied #10 Notre Dame.

Arkansas put in a lot of goals as they notched victories against all of their other non-conference opponents: Arkansas State (6-0), Oregon (4-0), Milwaukee (5-2), Grand Canyon (3-2).

Arkansas started SEC play with two of the best teams in the conference. They handed Tennessee a 3-1 loss in Knoxville, then absolutely dominated #9 Alabama in a 5-0 beat down.

Arkansas started the week with a #11 ranking, but after the match against Alabama, they are looking at moving up into the top 10.

In that match against Alabama, the Razorbacks outshot them 23-15. The only matches that Arkansas has been outshot in were against UNC and Tennessee. On average, they're outshooting opponents 18-11 and outscoring them 3-1.

In total, Arkansas has 29 goals on the season. 3 of those have come off the foot of Anna Podojil. Yes, she's still there. Anna is in her 5th year at Arkansas and is routinely included on award lists and watch lists. She is the all-time leader for Arkansas in goals, is a 4 time All-SEC pick, has been a national first teamer twice and a MAC Hermann Award semifinalist.

Anna Podojil's production has been eclipsed by a couple of fellow 5th year players. Morgan White is a transfer from Marshall, who has played significantly less minutes than Anna, but has a team-high 6 goals (and 2 assists). She's a threat when she's on the field. Bea Franklin also has 5 goals this season.

In total, Arkansas has 14 different players that have scored a goal this season. I'm not sure where to look it up, but that has to be near the top in the nation.

Sierra Cota-Yarde played all 720 minutes of Arkansas first 8 matches in goal. Phoebe Carver went the full 90 in the most recent game, against Alabama. Together they've combined to allow 11 goals, while making 30 saves. Arkansas has 3 total shutouts.

The trend over the last five matches has been one goal Arkansas wins. It's going to be tough to keep them within one goal in this one.
CDub06
AG
We need fans in the stands for this one! I, unfortunately, will be tuning in from out of state.

PROMOTIONS:
Sun. September 24 Arkansas 6 PM
  • Texas A&M Soccer (Taylor's Version)
    • Limited edition Taylor Swift inspired Aggie Soccer t-shirt & match poster for the first 500 fans that visit the Howdy Tent in the Northwest corner of Ellis Field.
  • Sunday Funday
    • Purchase 1 full price adult ticket & bring up to 4 kids for FREE.
    • In-person gameday sales only. No advance purchases.
  • Kids Zone
    • Pregame in the Northwest corner of Ellis Field.
    • Includes a rotation of inflatables, face painting, balloon animals and more!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxfzLF-uMde/
taylorswift13_
Sunday is my day!
MookieBlaylock
AG
How much for the Taylor shirt ?

Alaba lma s way down but Ark is very good but not elite

W/out Calzada and unanswered questions at GK this could be a tough one

Someone wanna get me a Tswif shirt?
Wannabeanaggie
This is probably the most athletic and direct (kick-ball) team in the country. If we can't maintain a modicum of possession and force them to chase the ball they will grind us to a pulp. Our kickball will not beat their kickball 9 out of 10 times. But if we play soccer, we may pull an upset. . Gig 'em!
taylorswift13_
I'm stealing all the Taylor shirts, they rightfully belong to me
MookieBlaylock
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

You with your words like knives
Soccer1
Defense is going to have to be very disciplined this game and not get caught out of position on counters with long balls. Interested to see how the coaches use our outside backs as they have a tendency to go the edge of our opponent's box.
taylorswift13_
MookieBlaylock said:

taylorswift13_ said:

You with your words like knives
And they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used
taylorswift13_
It's gonna be a hot one today, some would say it'll feel like a cruel summer
MookieBlaylock
AG
So we've been outnumbered / Raided and now cornered / It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair / We're getting stronger now
missinAggieland
AG
Anyone want to send me a TSwift T-shirt for my 15-year old daughter? She's a big TSwift fan and she is having ACL surgery tomorrow morning. Tore it in a 1 v 1 non-contact drill in soccer practice.

Even if no shirt - prayers appreciated!
Highlander
Prayers to your daughter! My daughter went through the same thing her Junior year while playing soccer at Alabama…came back better and stronger than before and had a great last year!
Aggie Futbol
If the team plays like they did against Miss State they will
Lose badly. That Miss State game was one of the worst games I've seen the Aggies play, ever. It was a mess. Passing, trapping, movement, creativity were all lacking and poor.

Does anyone have access to data on the players passing success, touches, etc? I would love to see the data. It would be very revealing.

Our central midfield players lack impact. Pounds, Leb, Becerra just don't make much of a difference. Williams is the same. Smith is fantastic and Pante is very good. The central midfielders will have to shine today for the team to have a chance.

Offense is spotty, especially against the better teams. The team doesn't seem to be motivated to move aggressively into the final third. We will need that today as well.

Defense seems to be improving. A loss of Calzada today will be a negative today. Let's see how they hold up against the Razorback pressure.
taylorswift13_
Calzada still in a boot on the sideline
MookieBlaylock
AG
How is Tswift gonna be at the football game if she is in KC?
taylorswift13_
Sorry for the long line, told you I'd bring my swiftie friends
taylorswift13_
MookieBlaylock said:

How is Tswift gonna be at the football game if she is in KC?
left at halftime to be honored over here!
Expert Analysis
AG
Colvin out in addition to calzada.
Lots of recruits/commits here.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Aggie Futbol said:

If the team plays like they did against Miss State they will
Lose badly. That Miss State game was one of the worst games I've seen the Aggies play, ever. It was a mess. Passing, trapping, movement, creativity were all lacking and poor.

Does anyone have access to data on the players passing success, touches, etc? I would love to see the data. It would be very revealing.

Our central midfield players lack impact. Pounds, Leb, Becerra just don't make much of a difference. Williams is the same. Smith is fantastic and Pante is very good. The central midfielders will have to shine today for the team to have a chance.

Offense is spotty, especially against the better teams. The team doesn't seem to be motivated to move aggressively into the final third. We will need that today as well.

Defense seems to be improving. A loss of Calzada today will be a negative today. Let's see how they hold up against the Razorback pressure.

Geez if all our players suck so bad why even try
Gap
AG
McClellan starting in goal for us again.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Any idea what the plan is for behind the goal next to the track facility?

An elevated seating that would let you see both stadiums would be pretty cool
Gap
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Any idea what the plan is for behind the goal next to the track facility?

An elevated seating that would let you see both stadiums would be pretty cool

It is going to be a practice area for the throwing events. Currently they are practicing in an open field on the backside of the tennis complex.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Hayes Swifting up her socks
MookieBlaylock
AG
Cleared off the line
Dang it - but that is why you put players on the posts
jt2hunt
AG
Did that ball cross the plane?
MookieBlaylock
AG
jt2hunt said:

Did that ball cross the plane?

Nope
Gap
AG
Looks like our plan so far is to just boot it downfield as much as possible.
MookieBlaylock
AG
First 15 to the Ags

Let's keep it up
MookieBlaylock
AG
Pante with a rocket

Keeper makes first save then 2nd on rebound before it went in

Gap
AG
Hayes misses an easy one. Ouch.
jt2hunt
AG
You have to finish that beautiful pass!
Expert Analysis
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Hayes Swifting up her socks

All season
MookieBlaylock
AG
30 minutes on and the Ags with 4 scoring chances and Arkie none

Should be at least 1 Neal

Our terrible worthless midfield holding up
missinAggieland
AG
Thanks! We appreciate the encouragement and prayers.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.