******BTHO Kentucky******

4,261 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by mullokmotx
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang another good chance
Gap
AG
4:36 to play. Still tied.
Gap
AG
Down to 2 minutes.
Gap
AG
Tie. Final.

That needed to be a win.
blake2003
AG
Another poor result. I'm sure we'll celebrate not giving up a goal in the last 5 minutes. Just incredible.
AggieCrew44
AG
blake2003 said:

Another poor result. I'm sure we'll celebrate not giving up a goal in the last 5 minutes. Just incredible.
Its not a poor result
blake2003
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

blake2003 said:

Its not a poor result

It is if you have any aspirations to not be a bottom feeder in the conference. But sure…
jt2hunt
AG
The way the season has gone so far, I will take this over a loss any day of the week.
AggieCrew44
AG
blake2003 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

blake2003 said:

Its not a poor result

It is if you have any aspirations to not be a bottom feeder in the conference. But sure…
A conference tie is never a poor result

Getting 0 points is how you become a bottom feeder
Gap
AG
Our RPI is insanely high. You have to beat the bottom half of the conference at home if you hope to have any chance to turn that around and make the postseason.
Jimma
With as many corner kick balls either going over or thru the middle why don't they have a player crashing from the opposite side of the corner for those balls that make it thru. I would also like to see some players following shots to be in a position for a rebound off of the goalie.
blake2003
AG
Just gotta tie them all! Never bad to tie!
AggieCrew44
AG
blake2003 said:

Just gotta tie them all! Never bad to tie!
Not what was said but ok
mullokmotx
AG
Both teams had opportunities. We seemed to be off on our first touch tonight not being able to control the ball. The whole second half UK would take the ball into the northeast corner and I guess they were hoping we would kick it over the end line for a corner. Geczik had a wrap on her left knee and has not been in uniform since the TCU game. Becerra got her first start of the season.
mullokag
AGGIEGMA9
I've been to every game and this one tonight was our best. Proud of our girls. Ky was rough & tough.
Earned that yellow. Out of control a lot. Congrats for not giving up after the PK. See y'all Sunday.
6 Aggies
HiddenAg2
Just glad we didn't lose and got a result, but we should have won if the referee had called the clear PK on Hayes in the first half. We didn't create as many chances on goal as we needed to until late in the match, and then we couldn't finish those chances either. It's just the story of this team this season. Not sure it will change at this point. Right now our odds of making the NCAA tournament are below 50% with a difficult slate of road games on the back end of the schedule. We will need to beat someone we probably shouldn't to change our trajectory.
Expert Analysis
AG
We cannot be tying mediocre teams at home. This team needs to learn to win instead of trying not to lose.

Cate Colvins return to the lineup has been great. Props to her for the immediate impact. Unfortunately I believe she was called for the foul that resulted in the PK. The ref and assistant missing what appeared to be a blatant legsweep on Maile in the box was an egregious miss. G should have gotten a yellow on that call and then sent off when UK got the PK.

Our passing is horrible, so many giveaways limit our ability to build a good attack. In the second half we never played a long ball to McDonald, yet we tried several times to play a more direct game with long ball to Wilkinson which never resulted in much. Our whole attacking strategy needs some work.
Wannabeanaggie
Possession, passing and build-up are the issues. Our offense hinges on long balls followed by heroic 1:1 attacking efforts. In the absence of Ally Watt I fear that approach won't succeed in conference schedule (like it has not succeeded against quality sides this far). This will be particularly challenging against athletic and direct teams like Arkansas, MS state, and Alabama (who have the athleticism to capitalize on our passing and possession issues with punishing counterattacks).
Wannabeanaggie
Best effort was against FSU which has much better athletes and players than Kentucky. While their record is flashy, Kentucky was not a great side, lacking skilled attackers with speed. I suspect they will be a bottom half of the SEC team.
Soccer1
Wannabe is spot on with his assessment. The defense had a solid defensive game, but the turnovers of trying to send the long ball are really hurting any kind of buildup. This contributed to the poor start where we couldn't hold the ball. This reminds me a lot of last season's backline. We have to get the midfield more involved in order build-up an attack. That starts with the backline. Unfortunately, this seems to be the style of soccer the coaches want to play. The substitutions of Colvin, Smith, Leb, and Wilkerson turned around a poor first half. The coaches really need to make changes to the starting lineup with better possession players. Pante is really struggling this season. Colvin should get the start when we play Arkansas. I also thought we looked good with Becerra and Leb in the middle on the substitution. Leb continues to serve up good corners and free kicks. We have to start putting some of those in the back of the net. Smith should also be starting when we play Arkansas. Not winning against a Kentucky team that didn't win a single SEC game last season is not a great start to SEC play. Hopefully with some player adjustments to the starting lineup and a better possession game we walk away with no less than a tie against Arkansas.
mullokmotx
AG
Just watched the replay of the leg sweep by Grace Hoytink of Kentucky on Maile Hayes. Seemed like the UK player knew she did it by the way she looked at the ref to see if he was pointing to the penalty spot.
mullokag
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.