******BTHO Grambling State******

3,179 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jessexy
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Soccer is blessed with a get right game at home on Thursday. Texas A&M kicks off against Grambling State at 7PM on Thursday night.

Grambling State is one of two SWAC teams on the Aggies' upcoming schedule which also server as the only two that should be absolute gimme games. (Rice should be too, but who knows). Grambling State is not outright bad like upcoming foe Texas Southern is, but they should be outclassed on talent alone.

Grambling sits at 2-2-3 on the season and are riding a 3 game streak of draws. In the last three matches, they have tied Lamar (0-0), Tarleton State (2-2), and Little Rock (1-1). Losses have come against Louisiana (0-3) and Southeast Missouri State (1-4). Wins were over Murray State (2-0) and East Texas Baptist (1-0).

A&M should shutout Grambling and score several. If the Aggies can't do better than Southeast Missouri State, there's a problem.

The next two games will hopefully put as back at .500 in time for Kentucky to come to town for the conference opener. And let's not talk about our RPI.
Diego
AG
Hoping we rip the cover off the goal!
mullokmotx
AG
For some reason I remember the first time we played Grambling. It was the first time I watched us play in the NCAA Tournament. A cold front blew in a half hour before the game started and when Grambling kicked the ball into the wind from the penalty box it never reached midfield. Their keeper played a great game holding us to 5 goals. I remember the roster card didn't show a single player for Grambling from Louisiana and looking at their roster today they still don't.
mullokag
Expert Analysis
AG
Geczik not dressed. I guess we should stop expecting her to play a significant role this season.
Anchorhold
Yes, we hear you.
Gap
AG
Goal Leb. 3 minutes in.

1-0 Ags
Anchorhold
Way to start early!
Aggie1205
AG
Turned it on three minutes late and missed the first goal.
Gap
AG
Leb's goal was assisted by Pante and Boeckmann.
Expert Analysis
AG
3 passes stringed together resulting in easy goal…
Aggie1205
AG
Not a big crowd. Maybe Volleyball will have a bigger crowd tonight.
Expert Analysis
AG
Boekman finally gets one on goal and keeper makes nice save.
Aggie1205
AG
Nice save by their keeper.
Anchorhold
Hell yeah Sammy!
Expert Analysis
AG
Cate Colvin with her first action of the year.
Expert Analysis
AG
Pretty sure keeper thought that shot was wide. Bounced off post and in for Wilkinson.
Expert Analysis
AG
Their keeper just got taken out.
AggieCrew44
AG
Can't buy a goal all year and even difficult shots are perfect tonight. Go figure
MarcAg
AG
Went downstairs to eat real quick and missed 4 goals
Aggie1205
AG
I think not scoring for a long stretch of the first half must be on me. I missed the first goal barely. Then switched to volleyball when that started and the goals poured in.
Rambotx
Hope this winning trend continues.
Rambotx
Rambotx
mullokmotx
AG
23 players played tonight and the fewest minutes played was 16. Colvin, McClellan, Gunnarson, Goodwin and Descheneaux saw their first action of the season. For the first 25 minutes it seemed like nothing was going to go in except for the goal by Leb in the 3rd minute. In the second half we had a lot of shots go over the goal.
mullokag
HiddenAg2
Lots of good clinical finishing in the first half tonight, especially by Becerra. Let's hope it carries over to Sunday.
Expert Analysis
AG
It was nice to see some Dominant play. I appreciate Grambling for not packing it into the box.
There were plenty of instances of solid play today.
Leb was very solid in her role and had numerous good corner kicks.
Becerra is typically very composed and steady in output. My biggest issue with her play is she is typically at about a 6 on the intensity level. Her first few touches today were great moving the ball forward to attack. If we could get her to crank up her intensity level she would be very solid for us in the middle which is a spot we have limited depth.
It was great seeing Colvin out there. She looked good for seeing her first action.
Wilkinson had some good minutes. She needs to finish a header, has had several good chances.
CDub06
AG
Good to see some good passing, build ups, and FINISHES. The Ags did exactly what they should be doing.

Was busy doing dad stuff, so I couldn't attend. But I enjoyed the 5 goals I got to see.

I was surprised that Grambling kept their team out on the field during half time. What a brutal Thursday evening for them all around.
Diego
AG
CDub06 said:

Good to see some good passing, build ups, and FINISHES. The Ags did exactly what they should be doing.

Was busy doing dad stuff, so I couldn't attend. But I enjoyed the 5 goals I got to see.

I was surprised that Grambling kept their team out on the field during half time. What a brutal Thursday evening for them all around.

The Grambling State coach went from player to player berating their performance during halftime. Asked several of them if they wanted to quit. Very JV.
CDub06
AG
Bonkers. I could tell on TV that he was very animated.

It obviously worked as they only gave up two goals in the 2nd half /s
Diego
AG
A coach of one of the Texas A&M women's sports teams said, "The approach to coaching men and women is different. For male athletes, they have to perform well in order to feel good about themselves. For women athletes, they have to feel good about themselves in order to perform well." The Grambling State coach doesn't seem to subscribe to that line of thinking.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Quinn Cornog is one of those people that is truly happy for her teammates success - only person I have ever seen smile after taking a head to the face
jessexy
AG
mullokmotx said:

For some reason I remember the first time we played Grambling. It was the first time I watched us play in the NCAA Tournament. A cold front blew in a half hour before the game started and when Grambling kicked the ball into the wind from the penalty box it never reached midfield. Their keeper played a great game holding us to 5 goals. I remember the roster card didn't show a single player for Grambling from Louisiana and looking at their roster today they still don't.
Ha, I was at this game. I was dating the Grambling coach at the time. They won the SWAC tournament as an underdog that year and the SWAC gets an automatic bid. She was a defensive-minded coach and had a good defensive system that year.

And you are correct, there were more Canadians and Californians on that team than there were Texans and Louisianans. She had a difficult time recruiting there during that time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.