******BTHO Florida State******

7,734 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Wannabeanaggie
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's Aggie Soccer season once again. And again, our Aggies kick off the season with a top tier opponent.

There's no easing into this season with perennial powerhouse Florida State on the schedule as game one. Thankfully, this game will take place from the friendly confines of Ellis Field.

It all kicks off in College Station at 7PM on Thursday, August 17. It will air live on SEC Network.

This is a return trip for FSU from 2021. The Aggies also faced Florida State in that season opener two years ago in Tallahassee. A&M lost that one by a score of 0-1. Paths diverged that night as the Aggies floundered through the season and missed the NCAA, while Florida State advanced to win the College Cup.

The 2021 loss took this series record to 1-7 for the Aggies. A&M's only win against FSU came in their first meeting in 1999.

Last season, Florida State finished with a 17-3-3 record enroute to an ACC Tournament championship and another Final Four appearance. Expectations remain sky high for FSU.

The Aggies are looking to bounce back from a pair of disappointing seasons and return to SEC prominence. This is a tough order for the Aggies.

Promotions:
12th Man Rewards Double Point Event
  • Earn DOUBLE points when checking into the match within 12th Man Rewards.
  • Login or create a 12th Man Rewards account within the 12th Man Mobile app (official app of Texas A&M Athletics).
Super Air Blaster Giveaway
  • A&M soccer super air blasters (noisemakers) will be available for the first 500 fans that visit the Howdy Tent in the Northwest corner of Ellis Field.
50% Off Concessions Pregame
  • All orders at the main concessions stand in the first 30 minutes of gates opening (6-6:30 p.m.) will be 50% off. Excludes alcohol and bottled water. Not valid at the portable concession locations.
Also, apparently if you check in to 4 soccer games this season, you get a "Gig Em United" scarf.
CDub06
AG
I'm not going to have a lot of time this season to compile stats and such, so if someone wants to do more than simple surface level write ups moving forward, be my guest!
taylorswift13
taylorswift13
taylorswift13
MookieBlaylock
AG
Tswift with 3 hate tours
mullokmotx
AG
After our game FSU will play at TCU Sunday.
mullokag
taylorswift13
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Tswift with 3 hate tours
I conveniently finished my US leg of my record breaking tour just in time to watch Aggie soccer kick off the season!
aggietony2010
AG
CDub06 said:

There's no easing into this season with perineal powerhouseFlorida State on the schedule as game one. Thankfully, this game will take place from the friendly confines of Ellis Field.

You could say that this match preview is a bit tainted by this homophone.
CDub06
AG
AHHHHAHAHA
Oh no. What have I done.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
7pm SECNETWORK FSU Thursday
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
mullokmotx
AG
Top Drawer Soccer put out a Top 100 player list and there are 6 FSU players on it.
mullokag
tamufan
No deep dive, but I did look at the FSU roster. Interesting.

FSU lists 22, 5 freshmen, 4 sophomores, 5 juniors, 8 seniors.

FSU casts a wide net.

5 from FL, 3 from CO, 1 each from NV, MO, CA, OH, VA, GA, IL. Internationals: 2 from UK, 1 each from Japan, Sweden, Jamaica, Portugal and Canada.

Just for symmetry, I did the same for TAMU. TAMU lists 27, 7 freshmen, 4 sophomores, 9 juniors, 7 seniors. (For both rosters I assigned redshirts and 5th years to one of these categories.)

17 from TX, 2 from FL, 1 each from CO, MA, GA, CA, AL. Internationals: 3 from Canada.

(This is strictly from the respective websites. No adjustments for other information such as injuries.)
CDub06
AG
Today's the day, my dudes
taylorswift13
AG
We get back to being a national powerhouse today, I can feel it
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit put out a national ranking and has FSU No. 2 with the following comment:

"No, I don't believe Florida State is suddenly about to fall off a cliff with the international recruiting pipeline slowing to a halt. FSU changed tact to instead raid the transfer portal and brought in my best ranked transfer class with Taylor Huff, Lily Farkas, Claire Rain, and Leah Pais all impactful additions. FSU still has Onyi Echegini and Jody Brown to light up opposing defenses, while Lauren Flynn stars on the backline. Heather Payne going pro hurts, but anyone thinking FSU can't win another title is crazy."
mullokag
rhp
AG
I think it's Washington State here.
taylorswift13
AG
Less than 30 minutes
taylorswift13
AG
Someone give us a crowd update from Ellis
taylorswift13
AG
Game about to start on SEC Network! Excitement is in the air!
astros4545
AG
Holy ****

Florida state has the boringest play ever
taylorswift13
AG
Mahkiya McDonald is fast
Rambotx
It is 106 degrees at kickoff.
Rambotx
Gap
AG
Pante misses one we should have on the board after a great centering pass from McDonald. Pante really has trouble keeping the ball down on her shots. We should have had that one.
Expert Analysis
AG
No geczik in starting lineup. She missed first ex and play and last one…
Gap
AG
And we give up an easy one where our defender got beat.

1-0 Florida St.
blake2003
AG
Can't connect more than 2 passes. So hard to watch.
taylorswift13
Gap
AG
Going to be hard to beat a team like Florida St. if you don't take advantage of your few real good opportunities and give them goals that are too easy.

We need to get on the board before the half and go in even and put the last few minutes behind us.
blake2003
AG
When we get the ball we have no idea what to do. Baffling.
Gap
AG
Season highlight goal there. Smith header off a beautiful McDonald assist.

1-1
taylorswift13
AG
GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
aginlakeway
AG
Boom
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Anchorhold
Hell yeah Sammy!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.