Arsenal 2023-2024 Thread

165,316 Views | 3659 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by PJYoung
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did he tear his ACL or was it another injury? Seems incredibly fast for a return but I'll take it
agdoc2001
AG
Yes, it was an ACL, and this seems too fast
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CatD11Ag
AG
wangus12
AG
He'll be right at 5 months when going off to Dubai for training. Not surprising that he will be doing training on a pitch and ball training. Both my ACL tears had rehab training really ramp up 5 months post op. Month 6 was all about getting clearance for return to play and proving you could handle contact. I was back in full contact after 6 months both times. That would be mid Feb for Timber. I'd be surprised if he plays before February
agdoc2001
AG
Got my timeline wrong, thought we were at 4 months
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ACL recovery is one of the incredible developments in my lifetime. I still always just assume it's one year because that was always the prognosis when I was growing up.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

We got Porto in the CL draw.
Not a terrible draw. Will be nice for the squad to play in Portugal in February rather than deal with the real cold stuff in say Germany or Denmark.
CatD11Ag
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Apparently Ben White was playing injured yesterday.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
chjoak
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Apparently Ben White was playing injured yesterday.
I've seen some claims that he has been playing with a minor knock for about a month
chjoak
AG

I've seen claims that we would be willing to let Eddie move in Jan if we get a replacement and a strong fee. Latest rumors on replacement is that we are pushing for a loan (no obligation) for Toney with the possibility that we pursue Osimhen in the summer.
chjoak
AG
Little bit more.....

So, from an FFP perspective, we could offload Eddie and potentially replace him with 2-3 strong players to shore up areas of concern. Backup ST could be Trossard, Havertz and/or Toney on loan. Use the cash to get a FB & CM/DM. This logic works because Eddie is an academy product.
CatD11Ag
AG
Interesting comments from Xhaka.

chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG
Seeing claims out of Spain that Barca are interested in a Jan move for Partey to replace Gavi after he went down with a knee injury.

I've seen lots of buzz the last few weeks about Juventus wanting Patino in the summer. Recently I've seen claims that they want to send us Moise Kean in a swap deal.

Seeing claims that we are working to finalize a deal for 15yo Copenhagen MF Tristan Panduro. He is supposedly currently on trial at Hale End.
gougler08
AG
chjoak said:

Seeing claims out of Spain that Barca are interested in a Jan move for Partey to replace Gavi after he went down with a knee injury.

I've seen lots of buzz the last few weeks about Juventus wanting Patino in the summer. Recently I've seen claims that they want to send us Moise Kean in a swap deal.

Seeing claims that we are working to finalize a deal for 15yo Copenhagen MF Tristan Panduro. He is supposedly currently on trial at Hale End.

You follow this way more than me but it always seems like the media speculates on swaps / trades but they rarely seem to actually happen?
chjoak
AG
Tend to agree that it is rare. Italian teams (including the big ones) tend to claim poverty try swaps or long loans (2yrs) with an option for most every player they are after.
chjoak
AG
That said.... when you are talking a player the value of Patino, I think a swap deal may be easier to work out if both sides were interested. In this case however, I don't see Arsenal wanting Kean given that he flopped at Everton and has done nothing of note since his 17g season (all comps) on loan at PSG in 20/21. If Juventus wants to work a swap I think Arsenal would prefer a younger player with more upside than Kean.
Craigy
CatD11Ag said:

First time poster in this thread. I was visiting my brother in London class of '81 during this time and I was able to attend this game. He lives about 15 minutes from Emirates. So don't they usually score 6 in a game? lol. I has quite of few pictures of this game including a video when the Lens fans lit their flares and tried to burn down the stadium !!
wangus12
AG
Ornstein coming to ruin everyone's January

TXAggie2011
AG
Signing Ivan Toney would require a mid-season change in how we play, unless he'd mostly sit on the bench behind Gabriel Jesus. Don't see Arteta really wanting to do that.
agdoc2001
AG
Not ruining my January. I don't want any of those guys.
gougler08
AG
Sheffield United take the lead late at Villa Park
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'm sorry but what???

chjoak
AG
Fake rumors that he tweaked his hammy
OneBlitzer
AG
COYG!
gougler08
AG
Spurs are so lucky to get a point, let alone win today against Everton
wangus12
AG
Need to break another curse and get 3 points today
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Need to break another curse and get 3 points today

I'd be pretty happy with 1
OneBlitzer
AG
Early goal!!! Oh yeah!!! Gabriel header from the top of the box!! 1 nil!!!
gougler08
AG
Onside by an inch
PJYoung
AG
Beautiful.

Weirdly my 4k feed is down. Never seen that screen before.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I love Jesus. Loveā€¦but he should never be surprised when he misses at this point.
OneBlitzer
AG
Zinchenko got schooled! Weak!
gougler08
AG
He's just not a good defender
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.