Arsenal 2023-2024 Thread

165,327 Views | 3659 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by PJYoung
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chjoak
AG
gougler08
AG
As a USMNT supporter, Monaco seems like the best option for him
TXAggie2011
AG
I would prefer he leave the EPL and go to the continent. He ought to play more and I think will make it easier to obtain a future return to the club if Arsenal so determined they'd like to have him back.
PJYoung
AG
Pure class. (let's forget why he had to do this)

chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG

Seen a claim from France that the deal is for 45m euro. Supposedly Monaco is currently the only offer in play.
chjoak
AG
Also seeing some links to Toney & Watkins for ST competition/depth
TXAggie2011
AG
Good for Kieran. With regular playing time, he'll presumably increase his value and we can try to cash in next summer if he still doesn't fit the system and roster we have.

Although, I wonder if he knows any Basque
chjoak
AG
He may melt in Spain
agdoc2001
AG
I just can't believe that there isn't a team that isn't willing to throw 20-25 million at KT. Guy is a monster in any other system but ours.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I just can't believe that there isn't a team that isn't willing to throw 20-25 million at KT. Guy is a monster in any other system but ours.

Hopefully he goes and has a great, injury free season. His contract is through 2026. He didn't play much last year. Hopefully he goes and crushes it and then we sell for good money next year
chjoak
AG
agdoc2001 said:

The problem is that he barely played last season (<800min) and has been injured in each of the last 2-3. At 26 teams with money enough to buy him would rather go for a loan to make sure he is a sound investment.
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

He may melt in Spain
He can at least play regularly at home. It was 72 degrees fahrenheit in San Sebastian today!
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

agdoc2001 said:

The problem is that he barely played last season (<800min) and has been injured in each of the last 2-3. At 26 teams with money enough to buy him would rather go for a loan to make sure he is a sound investment.

And to that I say, whu paid 25 million for mavroponos
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
He has risen. I'd still expect Eddie to start this weekend though

agdoc2001
AG
Be cool if he made the bench just in case though
Teacher_Ag
AG
Wow, I'd expected Jesus to be out a lot longer. I'll take it.
Ag Since 83
AG
Surely we bring in another defender, right? Depth is beginning to thin out there, and Tomi's status as backup in multiple positions really makes the squad vulnerable if he suffers another injury.
wangus12
AG
Current depth. This is excluding KT, Tavares, Cedric.

LB: Zinchenko -> Tomiyasu - > Kiwior
LCB: Gabriel -> Kiwior -> Tomiyasu
RCB: Saliba -> White -> Holding (for now) -> Tomiyasu
RB: White -> Tomiyasu -> Partey

You could also play Rice as CB in a pinch. He's done it for WH before. I'm just not sure if there is a quality player out there for us to get thats available.
texagbeliever
wangus12 said:

Current depth. This is excluding KT, Tavares, Cedric.

LB: Zinchenko -> Tomiyasu - > Kiwior
LCB: Gabriel -> Kiwior -> Tomiyasu
RCB: Saliba -> White -> Holding (for now) -> Tomiyasu
RB: White -> Tomiyasu -> Partey

You could also play Rice as CB in a pinch. He's done it for WH before. I'm just not sure if there is a quality player out there for us to get thats available.
It might be my America bias showing through, but man Tyler Adams at $25MM really would have added great depth that that back line. Think he would be the #2 guy on LB & RB. Been the CDM for FA cup and when Partey eventually gets injured. Potentially also played that hybrid RB/LB and CDM role too.
wangus12
AG
Can also throw Reuell Walters into the mix as well. He can also play across the entire back line
TXAggie2011
AG
I would like Walters to get a chance in the domestic cups. He's been around the first team enough that the speed of first team football shouldn't shock him
wangus12
AG
Agreed. If we get a favorable draw for the EFL Cup, I'd like Arteta to bring in Nwaneri, MLS and Amario up into the 1st team and get them involved like Wenger used to
chjoak
AG
Strangely Attractive
AG
I almost expect him to come off the bench late to get some minutes, like Zinchenko did last week. Then start vs United.
Ag Since 83
AG

If this Gabriel thing is really just tactical, can't imagine it continuing next week.
gougler08
AG
I like Trossard starting but still don't get Gabriel on the bench. I guess the thought is that Zinchenko still isn't ready and we have to have a full back that can play up the pitch when we have the ball so Partey plays that spot until Zinchenko gets back?
OneBlitzer
AG
WTH!?! Way too easy!
gougler08
AG
Wtf was that
Ag Since 83
AG
Another fine moment in the history of building out of the back. FFS
wangus12
AG
Glad to see giving up the 1st minute goal is still a thing. It has to be a record in 2023
TXAggie2011
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
We give up stupid ****ing goals.
wangus12
AG
And oh look there wasn't a RB there
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.