Arsenal 2023-2024 Thread

165,320 Views | 3659 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by PJYoung
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chjoak said:

That means we may need to look to replace him atleast on a loan
I'm not sure there's gonna be anyone that we really want available.

Assuming Zinny is back soon, you have the exact same defense from last year. Granted we still need to wait to lose Tomiyasu and someone else to season ending injuries
gougler08
AG
I mean we should be able to piece it together assuming Zinchenko is back soon, but when's his due date back to the club?
TXAggie2011
AG
Might mean Tierney stays and we go on occasion with the inverted right back like we did Saturday in order to rotate the center backs.

At least, that's the story some of the tabloids are running with today.
wangus12
AG
He's in full training as far as I can tell. Just needs to get fit. He played in that Ukraine game last week.

My assumption for the next couple weeks is that the back line is:

White--Saliba--Gabriel--Tomiyasu

Stick both Partey and Rice in front of them and bench Havertz (or play him as the 9) for now.

Also some rumors that the Saudi's are going to make a massive bid for Gabriel shortly that could complicate things.
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Also some rumors that the Saudi's are going to make a massive bid for Gabriel shortly that could complicate things.
Seems like that interest would still be there next summer. So, unless Gabriel starts tanking it on purpose, I wouldn't even consider selling him right now. I would listen to the Saudis as if I were interested so that they'll come back next summer and we can see where things are at.
chjoak
AG
My gut reaction would be "hell no". If they threw 100+m at us and he wanted to go (I highly doubt he would) I would have to seriously consider it. There are a few solid left-footed options out there that we could get for a decent price and we could run White & Saliba in the short term until we feel new guy or Kiwior are ready to step in.
wangus12
AG
I would personally like to thank Ten Hag though, since his statement about Arsenal never having injuries, we've seen Tomiyasu, Saliba, Zinchenko and now Timber have long injury stints
wangus12
AG
Raya announced

chjoak
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
No reason we should let one is the richest teams in the world and direct competitor take a great player on loan
chjoak
AG
They have very rich owners but are also running up against FFP and are actually complying. Think that is why they are pushing for a loan. I might be open to a loan on the condition that it become an obligation under favorable conditions and the final sale price is 30+
chjoak
AG
Never gonna happen hypothetical....

Would you offer Newcastle KT + Flo for Isak?

KT cost us 27m euro. TM says he is worth 25m currently which mean you ought to be able to get 30-35m euro for him.

We are looking for 50m euro for Flo but so far the best offer was 40m

Newcastle paid 70m euro for Isak and he is under contract until 2028. TM has his current value at 70m which means his market may be more like 80m.

Why Arsenal does it.... We get a young 6'4" ST that we considered the window before he moved to Newcastle. He hasn't made a huge splash in the league yet but has shown tons of potential and plays very similarly to Jesus but offers some much needed height. Would be the perfect option to man the ST spot while Jesus is out.

Why Newcastle does it.... they get a starting LB and a future HG starter at ST that plays very similarly to current aging starter Callum WIlson.
chjoak
AG
Also, with Timber injured and KT likely leaving, should we revisit Fresneda? If I recall correctly he has a 17-20m euro release. Barca sniffing around but hasn't pulled the trigger. He is a naturally inverted FB that is said to be comfortable playing both sides (mostly plays RB) and is young enough to be HG if signed this summer.
TXAggie2011
AG
Even if the clubs were amenable, I'm not sure Isak would want that considering he's in a great situation ag Newcastle. It wold only be the London pull that might could work
Strangely Attractive
AG
Pretty interesting scenario. I would be pretty interested.

I don't know if we're still interested in Fresneda. Think he had a not-so-great year last year and I feel like maybe we've moved on. Could be wrong.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

They have very rich owners but are also running up against FFP and are actually complying.

LOL. Just sign him to a 15 year contract like chelski.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
FFP rules changed because of Chelsea. Now only allowed to stretch fee across 5 yrs for FFP purposes.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

FFP rules changed because of Chelsea. Now only allowed to stretch fee across 5 yrs for FFP purposes.
So I heard.

Then they signed:

Caicedo, Sanchez, Jackson, and Lavia to 8 year contracts

Ugochukwu to a 7 year contract

Nkunku and Disasi, to 6 year contracts

There might be more long term contracts, but they've signed 14 players this summer and the duration isn't known for all of them. So about 400 million quid this summer for a club without European football or a shirt sponsor. FFP is a joke and everyone knows it. Newcastle can spend whatever they want.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG
Maguire move broke down. Mostly notable because we are rumored to have a 10% sell-on

chjoak
AG
Watts says that we are looking for around 12m for Nuno. Transfermarkt says he should be worth about 15m. Would hope we would be looking for 15-20. I'm guessing that his insistence on staying in England likely hurt his value a bit by reducing the number of bidders. If they settle for 12, I hope there is a nice sell-on included.
wangus12
AG
Official that its an ACL injury for Timber
TXAggie2011
AG
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Official that its an ACL injury for Timber
chjoak
AG
Sucks for the recovery timeline but with a good surgeon and solid rehab he should come back stronger
Agthatbuilds
How does one get a ticket to an arsenal game
agdoc2001
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Join Arsenal Red and cross your fingers you can get one on the exchange, join Arsenal America and try to purchase through them, buy from a tout and hope you didn't just purchase a fake ticket.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

When I did it I joined an Arsenal Tickets group on FB and found a guy willing to part with a club level ticket to the match I wanted to see. Several other members of the group vouched for him to make me feel a little better about it. So, I got to watch us lose at home to Palace, only silver lining being that Ozil scored on our end in front of me. Team was pathetic, crowd was pretty lifeless, and two old men behind me discussed finance the whole match only to pause and yell OH FOR ****S SAKE during our many bad passes or displays of poor defending.
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
Another one off the books. Runarsson is going to Cardiff on loan
wangus12
AG
Also we played Luton Town in a friendly yesterday. Arsenal won 3-nil. Trossard twice and Saka once. Zinny did play in the friendly
gougler08
AG
Is that normal to play a friendly midweek? Seems odd with Arteta constantly *****ing about all the fixtures
wangus12
AG
According to what I read. They split it into 3 30-minute periods with a lot of rotation. Watts said they made the decision to play since we don't play until Monday and Luton had their home game against Burnley postponed because their stadium isn't ready.

Sounds like just a pretty intense training session rather than a full 90 for anyone
Agthatbuilds
Luton's stadium is awesome
chjoak
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.