******BTHO Florida******

4,282 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rambotx
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, first off, a big congrats to Coach G on 500 wins. That's a great accomplishment. A nice video by the athletic dept with former players giving tributes, but disappointed not to see any members from the historic 2011-2014 group that actually has our only College Cup appearance. Quite a few memories watching a lot of these women since I started following the program 20 years ago or so.

Florida is a historically awful team and I was actually embarrassed for them tonight. I just don't understand how they have fallen so far so fast and now are just not competitive. They may have been the second worst team we've played this year. So 4-1 is a good result and assured a SEC tourney berth. The program had to have it. RPI only dropped to #33 so it didn't hurt playing the Gators that much. I think one win in the SEC tourney will be enough to get a bid to the NCAA tourney as well even though we finished with a losing conference record.

Hayes is becoming a true striker now with a couple more goals, even though she did have the worst miss of the season in front of goal. That really helps the offense. I really wish Pante would create more opportunities for herself because she might the best shooter on the team. A really sharp goal from her tonight. I hope Cornog can return next week because we will need her headers in front of goal to compete with the better teams.

Let's hope we get some revenge on Miss State on Sunday after that ridiculous loss we had to them earlier in the season.
Rambotx
Rambotx

She is definitely one of our very special players!
MookieBlaylock
AG
Anyone know where the program stats are?

She has to be moving up the all time goal scorers list

mullokmotx
AG
We need revenge on MSU for the loss last year at their place.
Florida came in having lost 4 conference games 1-0, so I was concerned about them. I thought Macy Matula had a real good game and she was pretty physical. You could hear the collision in the stands when the Florida player fouled and got a yellow card in the first half. And give credit to Carolyn Calzada for moving from the left side to the right side on the back line. I don't recall her playing on the right side before.
Hayes leads the SEC in goals and points during conference games. Sounds like first team SEC to me.
MookieBlaylock
AG
i did notice that when #21 turned it over again, this time she ran straight back to defend instead of chasing the ball and was able to be in the correct position and actually won the ball back- big improvement
Rambotx

Coach G enjoys a cool splash of water after the match!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.