******BTHO South Carolina******

5,045 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A tie was a good result for A&M. Didn't expect to get points against them, although after the first half I thought we would win the game. We looked tired and disinterested in the second half and SC should have won the game (that ball looked across the goal line before the save by Caldwell). Caldwell with a couple tremendous saves was the difference for the tie. So, overall we'll take it but really disappointed in the second half effort with no real offensive attack at all. A&M still in good shape to make the SEC tournament with two bad teams remaining on the schedule.
blake2003
AG
I was only able to watch the 2nd half. I don't think I saw us string together more than 3-4 passes at one time. The inconsistency of this team has to be maddening to the coaches.
CDub06
AG
Well you missed all of the bright spots. The two halves were night/day. I don't know if the players ran sprints during halftime, but the team looked absolutely beat in the 2nd half.
Aston94
AG
Aston94 said:

1-1, road tie is a win!

I got one right!

We definitely held on for this tie. Good point for us!
mullokmotx
AG
Chris Henderson of All White Kit had the following pre and post game comments:

"South Carolina's probably playing for an SEC Tournament bye at this point being out of the title race but safely in the NCAA field. A&M's NCAA odds look better now, but they still need points to ensure a spot in Pensacola."

"South Carolina fights back to deny Texas A&M a win and keep the Aggies' SEC Tournament hopes up in the air after a 1-1 draw."

After looking at the stats USC has to be wondering why they didn't win. Give credit to the team for continuing to battle.
MookieBlaylock
AG
b/c Caldwell kept the ball out of the net - Soccer isn't a stats sport
MookieBlaylock
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

A tie was a good result for A&M. Didn't expect to get points against them, although after the first half I thought we would win the game. We looked tired and disinterested in the second half and SC should have won the game (that ball looked across the goal line before the save by Caldwell). Caldwell with a couple tremendous saves was the difference for the tie. So, overall we'll take it but really disappointed in the second half effort with no real offensive attack at all. A&M still in good shape to make the SEC tournament with two bad teams remaining on the schedule.

That ball was nowhere close to being all the way across and over the line
In fact looking at it right now she got it right before it got to the line

1.43.33 on your pause of the replay

Amazing reaction save by Caldwell
coloradoag69
AG
I just went back and looked at the replay. I would say that "not anywhere close" was generous! It's strange there aren't cameras that can see the goal line better. For replays, if there are any, the angle of that one would not have shown anything definitive.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Strange? We are lucky to be blessed with the SEC network to even get almost every game

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.