Arsenal 2022-2023 Thread

211,243 Views | 4689 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by wangus12
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He isn't coming here. It's Arsenal fans pushing hopeful rumors. He's probably leaving Bayern and people are running with it. I'm not sure I've actually seen any journalist say we're looking at him. He's gonna want CL and expect huge wages. I think he ends up in Spain
Strangely Attractive
AG
Personally I'd pay the $30M if they can agree to a new deal in advance. That's half of what he's worth and when he's free all bets are off, plus he would probably expect even higher wages. Just my opinion.
Strangely Attractive
AG
Somebody in Germany reported on it but you're probably right. May have had a chance with CL.
wangus12
AG
I agree that I think 30-40m is a steal for him. He's definitely the one that got away imo from Wenger.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
****ing Dani Ceballos.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Ag Since 83
AG
Remember when he singlehandedly almost got us eliminated from the Europa League against Benfica and/or Olympiakos? And now he's a European champion

Cheers Dani!
OregonAggie
AG
Random highlights were popping up in my feed and the 4 goal Arshavin performance came on. I remember watching that and wanting to punch every wall in my house hahaha

Enjoyed watching your Gunners this year by the way. I didn't think Arteta was going to last the year during the fall but he righted the ship.
Ag Since 83
AG
Really good article about Turner behind The Athletic paywall
PJYoung
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Really good article about Turner behind The Athletic paywall

Maybe this works?

https://theathletic.com/3342477/2022/05/31/matt-turner-usmnt-arsenal/
wangus12
AG
Here is your Amazo: All or Nothing Spoiler Thread on how crazy this season was

agdoc2001
AG
The battle of potential future Arsenal defenders concluded with a 3-1 Ukraine victory ending Scotland's world cup hopes. Zinchenko played in the midfield and looked amazing. Hickey….looks like a project. 20 mill feels high.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
Seeing claims that Valencia are interested in Torreira. Doubt they have much cash to spend. Carlos Soler, who has been linked to us in the past, is on his last 12 months and rumored to be on his way out. Torreira + 5-10m for Soler?

Do that deal + Zinchenko and you have a pretty solid 3 man rotation for the CM/AM spots.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Am I wrong for not being super enthused about this? I think it's cool they chose to make it...but picked a season where we started horribly, played like we should for a while, and ended by gifting our rival a spot in CL. Kinda anticlimactic.
wangus12
AG
I'd be lying if I said its gonna have a let down of ending probably. Club has to sign off on everything so it will be spun positively I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it just because of the BTS stuff with the players.
chjoak
AG
Media pundits from Napoli claiming that we have pulled Osimhen interest of transfer price demands.

Romano (via podcast) claiming that Leicester want 35-40m euro for Tielemans and that next week will see us either make a bid or go in a different direction.
agdoc2001
AG
The title is certainly a misnomer, but "Arsenal: Yeah, Kind of, I Guess" didn't have the same ring.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Watts drumming up random rumors about Martinelli and Saka leaving if they don't resign. Both have 2 years on their contracts. I haven't seen anything (Other than Klopp's adoration for both). Watts said Juventus is interested in Martinelli. I do think Martinelli probably signs a new contract this year. Saka on the other hand I think we will have issues with. Dude is rapidly becoming a top player and he's gonna want CL sooner than later. I'd be shocked if he signs a new deal when we don't have CL.

I'd tell any Italian club that they can eff off for the rest of time. They refuse to pay up for players and demand exuberant fees for there own. I hate Italian clubs.
chjoak
AG
Watts is drumming up Liverpool rumors but the Martinelli to Juve rumors are coming from elsewhere.

Personally, I don't think it will be hard to get Saka to sign an extension this summer. He loves Arsenal and is under 21. That said, if we aren't in CL within 2 seasons, I think he pushes for an exit.
wangus12
AG
chjoak
AG
Semi random musings... For a couple weeks now we have been mentioned as a potential suitor for Gianluca Scamacca. Yesterday I saw some tweets claiming that he is holding out to see if Inter are going to come for him and then 2 others claiming that we have made a proposal to his agent and an offer (35m euro) to Sassuolo. Been watching some of his video over the last couple of weeks and the more video I watch the more I like him as the mobile target man that I believe we need. Based on the rumors I have read, I think it is unlikely that Inter comes calling, which opens up an opportunity for us. Italians are notoriously difficult to get out of Italy. Might it help if he had another Italian on the roster? Saw a rumor this morning that Roma is looking at moving Zaniolo. He is young, tall and athletic. Can play RW, AM, SS and possibly false 9. For us he could rotate with MO & Saka. In games where we need more height in attack we could run a 4-4-2 with he and Samacca up top. If Jose still wants Xhaka... Xhaka + cash for Zaniola? Solves 2-3 issues for us... depth/variety at ST and depth at RW/AM.
TXAggie2011
AG
Dang. I'm going to miss Lacazette a lot. He's got a fantastic personality and attitude. Who figured the Auba-Lacazette story would end the way it did. (Well, maybe jaded Arsenal fans figured...)

I worry about replacing his link up play--he still could make a difference even though he couldn't score goals himself anymore. Kind of a guy without a position at this point.
wangus12
AG
But we already have an Italian LW in Martinelli
wangus12
AG
Saliba gave an interview today saying he plans to return to Arsenal and fight for his spot and prove it in the PL. Dude sure loves talking to the media.
Strangely Attractive
AG
Good news though, there was thought that he wanted to stay. If Holding is our 4th CB, that's some pretty good depth.
chjoak
AG
Followup to the Scamacca rumors...

Says Ancelloti likes Jesus
chjoak
AG
RE the above tweets...

Scamacca - Doesn't appear to have any place in Italy for him to go.
- Juve have Vlahovic and don't appear to be looking for another ST.
- Milan are signing Origi on a free, have OG & Ibra (though he is out 6 months) and are showing interest in De Ketelaere who plays CF/ST/AM/RW
- Napoli & Roma have starters and don't appear to be shopping unless someone ponies up big bucks for their current guy
- Inter is rumored to be his desired location but they are said to be focusing their attention on Dybala & Lukaku.
Outside of Italy, I've heard rumors about Dortmund interest but not sure if legit. Not sure how intent he is on staying in Italy but seems to me that we could offer a pretty attractive pitch.

Jesus - Real came out a couple days ago and stated that they are not interested in Gnabry. Now there is news that they like Jesus. This has led many to believe that they are interested in Jesus as a RW than can backup Benzema vs Arsenal where he would be a ST that can backup RW. The question there is which would he prefer. Currently Real can not register Jesus because they are already at their non-Euro limit of players but there is rumor that Vinicius is set to receive a Spanish passport in a few weeks which would open up a spot for Jesus if the interested in serious
chjoak
AG

Saliba + 20m for Osimhen???
wangus12
AG
Hell based on Saliba's numbers last year, you could argue that its either a straight swap or they pay us + Osimhen. Either way, its Napoli and they can't afford Saliba's price without including a player in it.
chjoak
AG
I don't really wanna see him go but Saliba gives off a vibe of not really wanting to be in London. If we can somehow turn that into a top ST or otherwise solve 1-2 of our problem areas, I'm not gonna be to heartbroken.

No one in Italy can afford Saliba's price without a swap or installments. You know that the Torreira deal to Fiorentina was supposed to be 15m paid in 2.5m installments over 6 windows (3 yrs)? Or the Locatelli deal to Juve was a 2 yr loan to buy with the buy option paid in several installments. Hell that Vlahovic deal is probably being paid in installments over 10+ yrs.
wangus12
AG
I'd also argue that anytime Napoli want a player we want, it ends in our favor. I fully expect a new Saliba contract to be announced shortly
chjoak
AG
chjoak
AG
agdoc2001
AG
RM just dumped 100million euro on Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco. No way they've still got Jesus money.
AGC
AG
agdoc2001 said:

RM just dumped 100million euro on Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco. No way they've still got Jesus money.

We probably do. CL victory so maxed income for the season. We have bale, Isco, and Marcelo salaries coming off. We've been pursuing players on free transfers (alaba, rudiger). Should be selling Mariano, jovic, and others this summer and we're not desperate like Barca.

Also remember we had something like $200MM ready for mbappe last year.
agdoc2001
AG
Sure, but how much of that CL money is going to have to be used for cups of Sanka and Werther's Originals for your existing players?
Last Page
Page 2 of 134

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.