Arsenal 2022-2023 Thread

208,799 Views | 4689 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by wangus12
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As I type that he trips himself and almost breaks Niakhate's ankle
chjoak
AG
Partey seems lost
OneBlitzer
AG
Turnover leads to barely contested goal!
AggieRob93
AG
Typical defensive gaffe. A continued failing from prior seasons.
Ag Since 83
AG
Somtimes it is really painful to watch Arteta try and jam the 14 players he trusts into the lineup, positions be damned, rather than play anyone else.
OneBlitzer
AG
Far from the best brand of Arsenal football. Too many injuries lead to no fluidity. No bueno.
TXAggie2011
AG
Hakuna matata. Ain't no worries, the game don't matter
Teacher_Ag
AG
Same old issue doing nothing with our possession and just letting our opponent get a goal so easily. Frustrating.
Ag Since 83
AG
I guess if VAR looked at that Gabriel Jesus penalty decision it would mess up their record of being mysteriously selective
AustinScubaAg
AG
WtF is arteta doing.
agdoc2001
AG
We've had a great season, yet somehow Arsenal have conspired to leave me feeling terrible about it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieRob93
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Somtimes it is really painful to watch Arteta try and jam the 14 players he trusts into the lineup, positions be damned, rather than play anyone else.

Agree. As much we know the players need to improve, both through further development and acquisition, the coaching staff need to improve as well. And if Arteta is going to basically capitulate by changing formation, why not throw on Viera, ESR, et al?

The past 6 weeks of this season have truly been disappointing, and I lay more of the blame at Arteta and staff's feet than I do the players. Execution on the pitch needs to occur in order to succeed, but it also needs to occur on the touch line.

Here's to hoping next season sees a more mature, mentally strong, and deeper squad and staff.

I also wonder if today Arteta is playing 4d chess with KSE to prove results on the field this season require enormous investment in the off-season? I have read where expectations for transfer funds are in the $200 million range, and think Arteta may sneakily be working to ensure at least that amount is available?
Ag Since 83
AG
Tierney coming in has at least opened up the left wing. Before that we were about as one sided as Odegaard is one footed.
OneBlitzer
AG
Main goal of the season (Champions League) has been accomplished. The possibiltiy of more (Premier League title) evaporating late in the season has been maddening. Today's change in season long formation is puzzling.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Sometimes we manage to make it look like we're playing 11 men vs. 15 men. This is one of those days. How was THIS team ever a title contender?
AustinScubaAg
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Sometimes we manage to make it look like we're playing 11 men vs. 15 men. This is one of those days. How was THIS team ever a title contender?

The back line was never the same after the saliba injury. We had plenty of luck this season as well.
OneBlitzer
AG
Maddening match. Arteta went all in on Ted Lasso's midweek formation change.
Ag Since 83
AG
Now that we can stop pretending there's still a title race, hopefully we see a lot of rotation next week
wangus12
AG
I really want to know what ESR did to get absolutely banished this season. He's supposedly been fit since the end of January and he was one of our best players last season. Now he can't get minutes like his life depended on it
OneBlitzer
AG

wangus12
AG
Resigning him is critical and it's gonna cost us a **** ton of money lol
OneBlitzer
AG
Can't blame Saliba's agent for playing hardball. Season went south post injury.
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

I really want to know what ESR did to get absolutely banished this season. He's supposedly been fit since the end of January and he was one of our best players last season. Now he can't get minutes like his life depended on it
Seems like Arsenal/Arteta is always flirting with alienating half the roster
chjoak
AG
According to Ornstein, in addition to Rice, Arsenal are making a push for Gundogan, Kudus & Mount. Unclear if he thinks we are trying to sign all 4 or if those are simply some of our targets.
chjoak
AG
Rumors on outgoings...

- Italian media claiming that AC Milan are planning to pursue Balogun. Advantage to this from an Arsenal perspective... Italian clubs like to continually claim poverty. Because of that they also tend to be more willing to insert a buyback and/or sell-on clause.

- Burnley, West Ham & Sevilla are all said to be interested in Sambi
chjoak
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
chjoak
AG

Anyone else find it interesting that our left-footed RW writes with his right hand?
agdoc2001
AG
Strategically released to offset those bad Nottingham Forest vibes. I see what you're doing, Gaspar
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
So lose this weekend against Wolves on purpose and then we get Saliba announcement right!
chjoak
AG

Will be 33 to start next season but is currently one of the best CMs in the world. Offering a 2 or 2+1 deal may be worth it. Provides significantly improved play at L8 for the next season or 2 but also a winning mentality/attitude to help elevate the squad.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

So lose this weekend against Wolves on purpose and then we get Saliba announcement right!
I'd take that deal
chjoak
AG
Le Equip is linking us to Marcus Thuram on a free. He's rumored to want a move to Barca but I'm not sure they can afford him given some of their other plans (bringing Messi back). Supposedly Atletico, ManU & Inter are also interested. This is one I would be really happy with if his salary is reasonable. Not sure of his fit within Arteta's system but unlike Eddie he brings something different as a ST (height and aerial ability).
chjoak
AG

I like Nelson and I really want to see him get more minutes but I am convinced that us trying to resign him is more about not wanting to spend on W in the summer. Our need at DM/CM & CB is too great. resigning Nelson doesn't cost us anything (other than salary) and gives us 4 solid W (Jesus as a 5th if we retain Balogun or sign a ST) for rotation next season.
TXAggie2011
AG
Really torn on Reiss Nelson. There are more talented guys on our roster, as well as plenty out across the world. But he also has some kind of "it factor" where he finds ways to make an impact. And he's willing to just shoot the ****ing ball which we could use sometimes.

I'm fine with him on the bench, but also want him to be able to play regular minutes somewhere
First Page
Page 133 of 134

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.