******BTHO Mississippi State******

3,870 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mullokmotx
Rambotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Futbol
A pretty good win . I really enjoy the improved athleticism of our team as compared to the previous 3-4 years. Good contributions from many players, both starters and players off the bench, will help this team going forward. Although I'd love to see the injured players in the field, the depth of the team is proving its worth.

We were far from perfect tonight. A few of the players really have to clean up their mistakes, particularly in the area of successfully completing basic passes. Smith, Pounds and Kolb get quite loose with their passing in both the accuracy and weight categories . A better team than MSU would have capitalized in some of those mistakes.

A few of our more skilled players are holding the ball too long instead of moving it more quickly to open players. As they are getting double teamed because of their historic success, other Aggie players are given less attention and more space. This will become even more important once Carroll gets back in the field.

Kolb is getting forward with really good success which creates a matchup problem for defenses. Her speed is good and her skills are good. Her defense is not yet good. That is a weak spot for us on the back line. I guess her offensive prowess justifies position in the field. Smith seems somewhat out of place in the center. I preferred her on the outside last year because of her speed and athleticism. With Lopez in the left back spot it's hard to justify the switch so we have to make due. Sample continues to impress.

Our goal tending is acceptable but not brilliant. They are good enough to help the team win as king as they can avoid the big mistakes.

Things are becoming clearer offensively as the freshman become bigger contributors. I only see this improving as the season progresses, particularly with Carroll's return.

We are solid in the middle. Against powerhouse teams we could be heavily challenged but against poor and average teams our players will do more than hold their own. Pounds has started the season well as a newcomer although I'd like to see her clean up her passing success rate and work harder in defending and getting back. She should have a very nice career as her game continues to mature.

Exciting times for the team with a strong influx of new players. The player from Canada has shown nice early contributions. She is another one that can be a big contributor once her injury is behind her. We have a really nice mix of newcomers and experience with this team. The shorter fall season combined with a spring extension may work in our favor to give the newcomers a bit more time and experience.
mullokmotx
AG
We have 9 yellow cards in 4 games. I think Phil picked one up Friday.
McJulie-O
AG
Those crosses for scoring opportunities were works of beauty!
CDub06
AG

BQ_90
AG
mullokmotx said:

We have 9 yellow cards in 4 games. I think Phil picked one up Friday.
He did and it was justified. We had picked up yellow then MSU absolutely wipes out our player and didn't get a yellow
mullokmotx
AG
Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week

M Barbara Olivieri, Texas A&M: The freshman from Texas had another big impact in her team's game. She scored twice, including the winning goal, in a 3-0 win against Mississippi at home in College Station. Olivieri completed 80% of 30 passes, and created a chance as well.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So there is an SEC tournament in November

Then what happens? Is there a spring NCAA tourney as well? Or just more games and then a normal 2021 fall season
CDub06
AG
I have no idea what to expect...

SEC decided that regardless, our athletes were going to have games this fall. Nothing has formally been set for the NCAA. But the ground is set for other conferences like the Big Ten and Pac 12 to play this spring and for the NCAA Tournament to take place afterward.

Maybe we could see some non-conference games with Big 12 and ACC? Who knows.

It is interesting that during this time, we're going to have some schools see their highest national rankings in history because of how many top schools aren't playing this fall season. Soccer and Volleyball are basically just SEC, Big 12, and ACC rankings. The record books are going to love that.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Thanks
I do find the timing of having a great freshman class to be ideal

Too priority had to be a top keeper for next season
If the Seniors come back this team has a legit shot next year

mullokmotx
AG
This is the last I am aware of:

3:58 PM, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
DI Board of Directors approves plan to hold fall championships in the spring
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors approved a plan on Tuesday to conduct 2020 fall championships in the spring of 2021.
The sports included in the decision are men's and women's cross country, field hockey, men's and women's soccer, women's volleyball and men's water polo. As part of the plan, brackets sizes will be filled at 75 percent of their normal capacities.
All championship sites will be predetermined and the number of preliminary-round sites will be reduced to support health and safety.
"The plan sent to us by the Division I Council provides the maximum number of opportunities to fall student-athletes to participate in NCAA championships while still being fiscally responsible," said acting board chair Denise Trauth, president at Texas State. "We look forward to the spring, understanding things will look a little different but knowing the competitions will be just as meaningful as in normal circumstances."

Soccer would have a 48 team bracket with 17 at-large bids. Season start is Feb. 3. Tournament selection is April 18 and championship May 13-17. I think the full NCAA still has to approve this plan.

The SEC website indicates the SEC Tournament Champion will be the SEC's Automatic Qualifier in the NCAA Tournament.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.