Law Changes

1,196 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by chjoak
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Thoughts?
wangus12
AG
I'm pretty much fine with all of those. I'd assume the throw in kick is definitely an indirect kick
Mathguy64
AG
I can't even imagine having to set walls and manage player behaviors on offensive kick ins. Everyone and their dog thinks they can run up and stand in front of free kicks now.

I would be fine with it as a fast restart IF the defense got penalized for delaying restarts.

Outswinging corners. Just stop. No.

Double touches? Just stop. No.

You want to get more goals and open up the game? Make offside the equivalent of a hockey blue line.
TXAggie2011
AG
I love me some Arsene Wenger, but FIFA either doesn't think, or over thinks everything.

I can get behind the outswinging corner kicks. Its a no from me on the rest of that.
Mathguy64
AG
NM. Wrong forum
Out in Left Field
AG
Are these changes that anyone is asking for? Seems unnecessary.

They should take a look at fouls in the box that should not warrant a pk.
akm91
AG
Well those throw in coaches will need to learn to code.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
tysker
AG
Throw ins will become kick-ins that you can then kick to yourself? Basically like dribble-ins when playing pickup
PatAg
AG
If they want to change throw ins, just remove the restrictions on them. As long as you dont cross the line, any motion should be fine.

There's no rules on kicking motions, kind of silly to have throwing technique rules.
TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg said:

If they want to change throw ins, just remove the restrictions on them. As long as you dont cross the line, any motion should be fine.

There's no rules on kicking motions, kind of silly to have throwing technique rules.
Actually, I think they should *require* all throw-ins be flip throws.
jeffk
AG
Hustle rule determines possession on any out of bounds play.
Thunder18
AG
The offsides change is the only one of these suggestions I can get behind (see what I did there)
PatAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

aka the 'trip to the hospital with a snapped wrist' throw
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Yeah. No.
TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

No one ever said excitement didn't come for a price!
Pahdz
PatAg said:

As a youth coach I 1000000% approve this message
chjoak
AG
More i think about it, i would be ok with all throw ins now being kick ins. For youth levels it would further reinforce the idea that only thr GK can ever use his hands and would simplify that restart with no chance of a change of possession due to incorrect technique.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.