Not so fast...

1,661 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CDub06
hsvag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Season ticket holders were told they would receive complimentary West side tickets this season. Not so fast

"Due to an overwhelming response from our loyal season ticket holders and the current capacity restrictions at Ellis Field, requests for complimentary 2020 Aggie Soccer tickets have exceeded the extremely limited seating that is available in the west stands. Based on priority point ranking, your complimentary tickets will be located on the EAST SIDE IN GENERAL ADMISSION seating. General admission seating will be FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED on game day."
Diego
AG
Could this be meant to keep fans distanced from the players?
jvanbeek
AG
My points are in the top 20.5%. That isn't high for football, but I thought it was pretty good for the other sports. Yet I still didn't get East Side reserved tickets. They must be pretty stingy. I guess there are a lot of old Ags in the stands, but this kind of surprised me!
jvanbeek
AG
Diego said:

Could this be meant to keep fans distanced from the players?

My seats have been first row midfield. It is extremely rare that any player is within 6 feet of me. They congregate at the front of the box.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
CDub06
AG
hsvag said:

Season ticket holders were told they would receive complimentary West side tickets this season. Not so fast

No they weren't. I fully expected to receive the east side tickets I got. The initial email you used to claim said tickets specifically said this:
"Capacity will be limited on the west side. It is possible that season ticket holders may receive reserved seating in the east stands. Priority point ranking as of June 30, 2020 will be used when allocating complimentary tickets for season ticket holders."
jvanbeek
AG
I just don't get it. They are limiting seating to 25% as they say according to GA-28. I checked the executive order. We are operating under this:
2. Except as provided below by paragraph number 5, this 50 percent occupancy limit does not apply to outdoor areas, events, or establishments, except that the following outdoor areas or outdoor venues shall operate at no more than 50 percent of the normal operating limits as determined by the owner:
a. professional, collegiate, or similar sporting events;
b. swimming pools;
c. water parks;
d. museums and libraries;
e. zoos, aquariums, natural caverns, and similar facilities; and
f. rodeos and equestrian events;

This is a collegiate sporting event. and therefor not subject to paragraph 5.

5. For any outdoor gathering in excess of 100 people, other than those set forth above in paragraph numbers 1, 2, or 4, the gathering is prohibited unless the mayor of the city in which the gathering is held, or the county judge in the case of a gathering in an unincorporated area, approves of the gathering, and such approval can be made subject to certain conditions or restrictions not inconsistent with this executive order;
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
Mathguy64
AG
I'm pretty sure the SEC set the policy across the board for fairness with schools operating under different states of return to normalcy.
jvanbeek
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm pretty sure the SEC set the policy across the board for fairness with schools operating under different states of return to normalcy.

Post that it is required. Leave it at that when we are at our seats. The seating arrangement has already distanced us.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
CDub06
AG
My tickets to the Florida game are listed as GA. I'm not sure if the policy has changed for this game, but that is curious.
Expert Analysis
AG
They weren't smart enough to create reserved areas on the east side for season ticket holders that got moved over there. Now you can mingle with the college students and stare at vacant seats in the west stands.
CDub06
AG
I thought the tickets for the opener were going to have a specific east side assignment. I like GA better than being assigned a specific seat over there anyway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.