Champions League Quarterfinal Draw

7,438 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EconAg18
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, no defense at all for Barca.
Texaggie7nine
Ya it started out semi competative but now it's like Barca is just giving the game to Bayern
7nine
young eugene
AG
Game is starting to remind me of Brazil 1 - Germany 7
deadbq03
AG
Passing out of the back has been horrid.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Maybe Alaba will score another OG so Barca doesn't feel too bad.

With Messi all things are possible, so it's not over unless Bayern still has a 3 goal lead at 75'.

Bayern Uber Alles....

Thunder18
ChipFTAC01
AG
That was a fun game to watch.
gambochaman
AG
Vomit....what a disgusting performance from the back line

And its like ter stegen got scared by having daddy neuer across the field from him....good grief
gambochaman
AG
Semedo is absolute trash
Texaggie7nine
Is it an effort issue or is Bayern just in better shape?
7nine
Legal Custodian
AG
Alphonso Davies is showing he's one of, if not THE, best LB in the world. I don't know of another LB who could have done what he just did.
Legal Custodian
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Bayern is the better team. Barca are in poor form, yes, but Bayern would win this game 7 times out of 10 with both teams in top form. The way Barca are right now, Bayern wins this game 9 times out of 10.
DeangeloVickers
AG
This brings back bad memories as a Spurs fan
Wr fired our beloved manager started benching people
Bmac04
AG
Haha make it stop
fig96
AG
I don't even like Barca and I feel bad for them right now.

Also, this is just wow.

Texaggie7nine
Yikes
7nine
jeffk
AG
Never feel bad for Barca.
Legal Custodian
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Bayern is the better team. Barca are in poor form, yes, but Bayern would win this game 7 times out of 10 with both teams in top form. The way Barca are right now, Bayern wins this game 9 times out of 10.
I was wrong here, sorry guys. At this rate, Bayern would win this game 10 out of 10 times.
Texaggie7nine
Suarez about to bite someone
7nine
Thunder18
AG
What a thrashing
ChipFTAC01
AG
Always love the big Spanish clubs losing, especially big. Yes, it's jealousy.
Unemployed
AG
This did not age well at all.

El Capitan
AG
Vidal forgot Bayern not only crushing Bundesliga teams...
snowdog90
I haven't paid too much attention to soccer lately, with all the covid stuff going on, but this game was over before it started. Bayern was light years better at almost every position. Barca looked so slow in comparison, and 8-2 is a pretty good reflection of the talent difference between the two.

Just amazing to see how far barcelona has fallen. Maybe I'm unaware of some injuries? Whatever the case, this Bayern team would beat this Barca team 100 times out of 100.
gambochaman
AG
Barca have been too fixated on signing big names that are past their prime rather than building a team around their stars
Spending big on those stars have left them nothing to sign good young players to fill glaring voids

Bayern have done just that....they built one hell of a team by finding great players that were not necessarily huge stars at the time

This barcelona team needs a complete overhaul but sadly not much time this season for that
Mike Elko
AG
That was quite satisfying. Messi did nothing. Even bailed on the post-match interview. And he's Barca's captain. Yikes!
Mathguy64
AG
That didn't take long. Setien got sacked. Getting embarrassed 8-2 will do that n
fig96
AG
EconAg18
AG
deadbq03
AG
jeffk said:

Never feel bad for Barca.
I wish I had the hang-my-head-in-shame emote, because as the game was winding down, I certainly felt sad for them.

But then all the "they've hit rock-bottom" talk in the post-game commentary and interviews reminded me of how high on their ivory tower they were. If losing - even embarrassingly like this - in the quarterfinals of the Champions League is "rock-bottom" for a team, then it probably means that their management and fanbase has enjoyed a period of so much success that they're divorced from reality.*

This isn't rock bottom; it's just back to reality.

To continue with the theme of their post-game show; being divorced from reality would cause you to arrogantly believe you've got the right formula thus ignoring necessary changes in personnel and tactics.

I would argue this applies more broadly to Spanish football as a whole, not just Barca. Roberto Martinez's own comments about Spanish football showed this same arrogance. He dismissed the idea that it's tactics/style and chalked it up to Spanish clubs not having the money they used to have, and not being able to spend like English and Italian clubs can.

Nevermind that according to Transfermarkt, 3 Spanish clubs are the in the Top 10 in player value (Real Madrid 2, Barca 4, Atletico 8) and not a single Serie A team is Top 10. And the Bayern team that just embarrassed Barca is 5th. I realize that in the past, Real Madrid and Barca might be 1 and 2 on the list, but never-the-less, that's splitting hairs. This isn't simply about money.

And nevermind that just a day prior, an RB Leipzig club that has never spent more than 20 Million Euro on a player, and had lost its highest valued player to transfer (Timo Werner), deservingly beat Atletico Madrid using a free-flowing positive style of play.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Man City v. Lyon this afternoon. Who do you have getting tossed into the wood chipper that is Bayern Munich?
jeffk
AG
Probably City, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
deadbq03
AG
Everyone thought yesterday's match would be the jewel of the quarterfinals.

But if I may say so as a fan of Leipzig, these three David vs. Goliath matches have been outstanding.

A lot of commentators thought the one-off would favor the teams with experience who could handle the pressure better, but I agree with Tyler Adams who in an interview before the game said he thought it favored the underdog because a team like City, Juve, or Atletico might have one bad game, but isn't likely at all to have two bad games in a row.
jeffk
AG
I feel like this game could end up being like 3-2 either way.
Texaggie7nine
Freaking Kyle Walker
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.