New Iceland crest

2,193 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pahdz
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is how you introduce new branding...wow.

fig96
AG
ptothemo
AG
Excuse me while I go run through a brick wall now. The crest is cool, but that video did me in.
TXAggie2011
AG
Damn
BQ_90
AG
So it's a maze
deadbq03
AG
BQ_90 said:

So it's a maze
I laughed.

Great video, but man, I think they really tried to cram too much into one logo.
JJxvi
AG
Y'all just let me know when this video dubbed over with the "Volcano Man" Song comes out
Mathguy64
AG
It beats wearing this on your chest.

wangus12
AG
I was in Iceland during the 2018 World Cup. Country completely shutdown during those matches. Everything closed. Made the Covid shutdown look like a bank holiday.

This was the outside of their national stadium that I stayed across.

OregonAggie
AG
How would you rate the trip with the soccer stuff taken out? That had to add an awesome wrinkle to it.

I've never heard of anyone visiting Iceland for vacation so I'm curious.
gougler08
AG
OregonAggie said:

How would you rate the trip with the soccer stuff taken out? That had to add an awesome wrinkle to it.

I've heard it's an amazing trip...definitely on the list once we're allowed to travel again
wangus12
AG
Incredible. The landscape is the most unique mix I've ever seen. If you're an outdoors person, its hard to beat. We spent a week hiking and driving around. Once you're outside Reykjavik, its very very empty (to the point where they say to get gas at any gas station you see...just in case). People are awesome as well
CDub06
AG
OregonAggie said:

I've known several people that have taken a trip to Iceland. It's on my list and I even have a rough itinerary of what I'd like to do, though that's shelved now. The Faroe Islands are also on that list.

Icelandair offers stopovers, so you can stay a few days before continuing to your final destination. That too is appealing.
gougler08
AG
CDub06 said:

OregonAggie said:

I've known several people that have taken a trip to Iceland. It's on my list and I even have a rough itinerary of what I'd like to do, though that's shelved now. The Faroe Islands are also on that list.

Icelandair offers stopovers, so you can stay a few days before continuing to your final destination. That too is appealing.
Flights are normally dirt cheap on Iceland Air as well (no clue how good of an airline they are though)
fig96
AG
deadbq03 said:

BQ_90 said:

So it's a maze
I laughed.

Great video, but man, I think they really tried to cram too much into one logo.
So speaking as someone who does design for a living, I think it's actually pretty brilliant.

Yes, there's a lot in there, but you don't visually read it as all those different things. When you look at it you see the unified symbol they've created for the crest, then if you choose to look deeper you get the details.

It's really well done.
gambochaman
AG
OMFG
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Were you in the Hljmsklagarur park for the Argentine watch party? The weather was terrible, but what an incredible experience!
AgGrad99
AG
That was a cool video, and I like the new logo.

On a related note, does anyone else cringe when the US Fans start doing the Icelandic chant thingy during our matches? That's unique to them, let them have it.
JJxvi
AG
The US has been doing it longer than Iceland has. The US/AO version, particularly in games in Seattle comes from the Sounders "Boom, Boom, Clap" chant

Example, this video dating from 6 years prior to Euro 2016.

AgGrad99
AG
Good to know. Never noticed it until I saw Iceland doing it.
Pahdz
The Vikings started doing it in 2016 and admit ripping it from Iceland. I don't know the history of Iceland doing it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.