Texas Hosting Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament

2,004 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by littlebitofhifi
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While looking at the USA Soccer website to get more information about Ally going to the USWNT camp, I saw that Texas is hosting the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament. The Group A games, which the USA will be in, are in Houston on January 28, 31 and February 3. The Group B games, which Mexico will be in, including (hopefully) Aggie Jimena Lopez, are in Edinbug on January 29, February 1 and 4.

The top 2 teams in each group play in the semifinals in Los Angeles on February 7.
mullokmotx
AG
Just looked at the fmf.mx website and Jimena is on the Mexican team. Top Drawer Soccer had a story about collegians playing in the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament and it said this about Jimena:

"With Jessie Fleming have played her final season of eligibility, Texas A&M midfielder/defender Jimena Lopez could be assume the mantle of best college player competing in the international game. A dynamic winger, she can also play as a left back, and will be a key for Mexico. TCU's Emily Alvarado is in the mix to start in goal."
mullokmotx
AG
Jimena played the entire game in Mexico's 1-0 win over Jamaica last night. Next game is Saturday afternoon. Looks like the games are shown on FS2.
redd38
AG
Lopez got her first international goal today, and an assist just a couple minutes before that

mullokmotx
AG
Mexico won 6-0. Jimena's team needs to beat Canada Tuesday to have the best chance of going to Tokyo. I presume the winner of the group will play the #2 team in the other group, which would be Costa Rica assuming the US beats them Monday.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Anyone watching tonight's USWNT v Costa Rica match?
I'm behind but at the 54:22 mark when Dunn gets subbed out, they show the bench and pretty sure I spied a cast on Rose Lavelle's left arm?!? I hadn't seen/heard an injury report...anyone else?
littlebitofhifi
AG
Nevermind...looks like a brace with heavy tape.

AgRyan04
I'm not sure what the injury is, but she played on Friday with it wrapped like that
Here4goodSoccer
It was reported her cast was precautionary only. No break or fracture.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Thanks for the update! I was at the match Friday and apparently oblivious...didn't even notice. Glad to hear it's nothing serious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.