*******BTHO Southern California*******

11,235 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HiddenAg2
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Aggies play #2 seed Southern California at 3:30 pm central, 1:30 pm Pacific time Friday. Our game is preceded by Santa Clara versus #3 seed Okie Lite at 11 am Pacific time. The games are in the daytime because the 2 time national champion USC soccer field does not have lights, or much of anything else. The USC website says tickets are $11.50, plus a $2 handling charge.
In 2016 I parked in the Royal Street parking structure on the south side of Jefferson street. I told the attendant I was there for the soccer game and she let me in for free. From there it is about a 3 block walk along a pedestrian mall to the soccer field.
Grace Piper's younger sister plays for Duke, and Duke is playing over at UCLA Friday at 5:00 pm Pacific time.
The Aggie Women's Basketball Team is playing Southern California in their Galen Center at 5:30 pm Saturday. I heard that they plan to be at the soccer game Friday.
redd38
AG
Anyone know if tu will be sending their cheerleaders to our game again? They seemed to really help us.
Rudyjax
AG
Espn alternate?
mullokmotx
AG
The game is being streamed on PAC12+. I have had success watching PAC-12 games by going to ncaa.com, finding the game score on the scoreboard or the interactive bracket, and clicking on a video link. I remember watching Taylor Ziemer playing for Virginia against UCLA 2 years ago via that link.
Natalie Jacobs of Southern Cal scored a goal against us 2 years ago when she played for Notre Dame.
Southern Cal lost 2 home games to Stanford and Washington. Their average attendance was 493 in 8 games on their field.
Here4goodSoccer
I'm in LA for work this week and completely missed the Aggies we're playing on Friday. I wish I could change my flight but I'll have to settle with however they're streaming.
CDub06
AG
What's going on in this unsanctioned game thread?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Giggem
AG
mullokmotx said:

The Aggies play #2 seed Southern California at 3:30 pm central, 1:30 pm Pacific time Friday. Our game is preceded by Santa Clara versus #3 seed Okie Lite at 11 am Pacific time. The games are in the daytime because the 2 time national champion USC soccer field does not have lights, or much of anything else. The USC website says tickets are $11.50, plus a $2 handling charge.
In 2016 I parked in the Royal Street parking structure on the south side of Jefferson street. I told the attendant I was there for the soccer game and she let me in for free. From there it is about a 3 block walk along a pedestrian mall to the soccer field.
Grace Piper's younger sister plays for Duke, and Duke is playing over at UCLA Friday at 5:00 pm Pacific time.
The Aggie Women's Basketball Team is playing Southern California in their Galen Center at 5:30 pm Saturday. I heard that they plan to be at the soccer game Friday.
Mullo, you do an amazing job supporting Aggies wherever they go. Well done !
whitehart
I second that. Certainly top notch fan of Aggie Soccer.
WheelinAg
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

PAC12 now on direct tv - 221. Not sure about pac12plus !

221 is CBS sports? I don't think DirecTV has pac12....
CDub06
AG
Texas A&M has once again advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. On Friday, they face off against #2 seed and host University of Southern California. The game is set to kickoff at 1:30 local time - that's 3:30 central (or 4:30 eastern for those of us in Georgia for the weekend). The game will be broadcast on Pac 12+.

USC is 15-4-1 on the season and advanced to the second round after easily handling an inferior in-state opponent (Cal State Fullerton) 5-1 in the opening round. Sound familiar?

The Aggies shared a common opponent in Florida. USC won their matchup 3-1, while A&M fell to Florida twice by scores of 1-2 and 1-3.

USC has outshot opponents on the season 313-209 and has outscored opposing teams 42-23. Scoring has been led by Penelope Hocking (#5) and Tara McKeown (#13). Hocking has 16 goals on 80 shots along with 6 assists. McKeown has 14 goals on a team-high 83 shots along with a team-high 7 assists. McKeown was named 2019 Pac-12 forward of the year, becoming the first Trojan to earn the honor.

Two goalkeepers have combined for 7 USC shutouts. Previous Pac-12 keeper of the year & Hermann Watch Lister Kaylie Collins has come back to start the last 8 games. Through 765 minutes, Collins has allowed 14 goals while totaling 44 saves. She has a goal against average of 1.17.

A&M and USC have faced off twice before, splitting the two matches. Most recently, in 2016, USC advanced over A&M after a 0-0 draw in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. After the close call with A&M, USC went on to win the 2016 National Championship.
CDub06
AG
Pac 12 + can be streamed through the Pac 12 app, but it requires a subscription.
DD88
AG

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-soccer/schedule

is pointing to a Pac12+ Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/posts/1178337215688712

Hopefully, we can catch it live (and free).
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
WheelinAg said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

PAC12 now on direct tv - 221. Not sure about pac12plus !

221 is CBS sports? I don't think DirecTV has pac12....
Have got some pac12 on 221 but you are right - direct still doesn't have PAC ! Best bet is Mullok's - go to ncaa.com .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Dilly Dilly
AG
First game is streaming:
https://pac-12.com/live/usc
WheelinAg
AG
Does anyone have a link I can listen to? driving in the car right now prefer not to look it up.
redd38
AG
Big upset in the early game, hope it keeps going
Aldo the Apache
AG
Ok State scores, but looks like too little, too late.

3-1 Santa Clara with 2:00 to go.
redd38
AG
Ok St has been down a player for most of the game
redd38
AG
Caldwell starting in goal
greg.w.h
AG
Ball in play. Stream is free on Pac12Now app on AppleTV at the moment for me
redd38
AG
Great early opportunity for Watt but she didn't go hard to the goal. Ended up with a corner though.

Can't let those opportunities get away to win a game like this though.
wangus12
AG
Woof that was poor.

1-nil USC
redd38
AG
Goal USC after scrum in the box
greg.w.h
AG
In the 7th minute.
redd38
AG
We usually don't wake up until after giving up a goal, so nice to get that out of the way early.
Expert Analysis
AG
we have played well other than that mishap...
greg.w.h
AG
redd38 said:

We usually don't wake up until after giving up a goal, so nice to get that out of the way early.
Well...I'm not sure spotting opponents in the tournament a goal is a usual strategy...BUT...
aggiewilliford
If these dippy announcers call us texas again I'm gonna puke!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Expert Analysis
AG
did announcer say we have struggled on set pieces lately, last one November 5th vs UF and that we have 11 on the year?
wangus12
AG
This camera angle blows
Aggie_3
wangus12 said:

This camera angle blows

This "stadium" sucks
redd38
AG
I hate the fake accent the announcer uses to say Jimena Lopez
redd38
AG
wangus12 said:

This camera angle blows

I almost feel off my couch when it pointed straight down
redd38
AG
If we could get some of these on frame I'd feel a lot better about our chances
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.