~*~*~*~* 2019 NCAA November Madness *~*~*~*~

11,337 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rpr52121
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was trying think of a new way to do it...NCAA tourney to lose on PKs sucks

What about seed advances if higher seed after OT
If in final 4 or championship team with best goal differential wins.

UNC would've had to score a goal to win....a tie and Stanford wins.

Anything but PKs
redd38
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

What about seed advances if higher seed after OT
If in final 4 or championship team with best goal differential wins.

That's worse, then the higher seeded team could just stall all of OT and win. It's better when they're both fighting for their lives in OT
rpr52121
AG
Yeah it's tough to come up with a reasonable solution. I've seen a lot of proposed solutions where the number of players just keeps decreased every set number of minutes, but I think that just leads to the least exhausted team winning.

I have wondered if maybe Corner Kicks could replace PK. Basically each team alternates Corner Kicks. Each team's "attempt" is done on a dead ball -- so ball out of bounds, keeper corrals the ball, when the ball clears the midfield, or on a goal.

You could set it up where there are 3 rounds with each team alternating chances before sudden death rounds, or just start with sudden death rounds.

It would allow for more team work and strategy. It would still allow for a team penalized by a red card to deal with that disadvantage, and it wouldn't result in just the least exhausted team winning.

It is sort an amalgamation of hockey's power play and college football's OT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.