Austin FC 2019-2020 thread

6,522 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgGrad99
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Figured we could use a place to post news and updates as I know a few of us are following the development of the team.

We have a coach!

Josh Wolff introduced as the first head coach of Austin FC today, will continue as an assistant for the USMNT through the end of the year.

Austin FC name Josh Wolff first head coach
ptothemo
AG
Next announcement will the official club nickname....

"El Tree"
fig96
AG
The owner does have a thing for Chicharito sooo...
Mike Elko
AG
fig96 said:

No bueno.
fig96
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

fig96 said:

No bueno.
I dunno, I can see him as the kind of player who will have success in MLS if he makes the change in the near future.

He's a poacher but there's a place for that, still pretty productive in the Premiere League with 8 goals in 28 appearances for West Ham last season.
Mike Elko
AG
He is and will always be the enemy.
JCRiley09
AG
Has anyone heard any news on ticket prices? I've heard rumors that the overwhelming support and demand for a team in Austin could mean very expensive season tickets
fig96
AG
There's been a bit of chatter on the Austin board, but it sounds SO out of line with other teams in the league that I can't imagine it's accurate. Nothing official yet.
JCRiley09
AG
Anyone want to speculate on who steps up as the primary sponsor? Fingers crossed for Yeti
fig96
AG
That would be really cool. St David's is already involved in some capacity, and in the presser they mentioned more corporate sponsorships coming soon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Dell hop on board. Whole Foods? Feels like that would be very much hit their target demo.
jeffk
AG
ptothemo said:

"El Tree"

I'll allow it as long as they adopt an Ent as their mascot.
fig96
AG
jeffk said:

ptothemo said:

"El Tree"

I'll allow it as long as they adopt an Ent as their mascot.
fig96
AG
Met an academy coach for Austin FC playing pickup last week, former MLS player. Really cool guy and he said everyone is really excited about hiring Wolff.
fig96
AG
Just talked to my ticket rep, they're currently taking reservations for the super premium seats, all inclusive rows 1-8 behind the benches with exclusive lounge access starting at like $6k per seat.

He didn't have specific pricing info on other sections, but we talked a bit about what price range I'd be looking at and it sounds like $1k per seat should fit comfortably in the Club level which includes Premium access.

He said they'll start sending out invites to visit the Austin FC experience center in the next month or so and will be booking for reservations for the Club level seats in about 6 months.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Remind me again where they are building the stadium?
Ferg
ChipFTAC01 said:

Remind me again where they are building the stadium?
Just Southeast of the intersection of Burnet and Breaker
Furlock Bones
AG
Mike Elko
AG
That chode wearing black had to ruin it for me.
abacavir
Bleed Verde? why not just say green stupid.
fig96
AG
fig96
AG
Bit of ticket news from Reddit:
Quote:

Seatgeek is going to send us an email here soon, and we're going to want to link our seat geek account to Austin FC before seat selection.

Seat selection is going to happen early next year.

Seat selection order will be by time stamp, although he could not tell me where my position was in line exactly.

75% of seats will be under $50/game, roughly $1000/season.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AustinFC/comments/dbjfq5/got_a_call_today_regarding_my_general_stm_deposit/
fig96
AG
Looks like the training facility is going to be legit.

fig96
AG
Dang, going big...

jeffk
AG
Alright, alright, alright.
fig96
AG
Pretty cool...

AgGrad99
AG
Anyone buy club seats today? They arent cheap, but look pretty cool.

We'll be waiting until the next round of sales though.
fig96
AG
I'm holding off on the club seats, though I might buy some for a game during the season just for the heck of it.

We're looking at the Premium seats on the west side most likely, so should be next go round.
AgGrad99
AG
I'll do the same thing. I'd like to hang out at the club for a game or two...but I dont want to pay 3-6k per seat for it for the year.

Hoping to get some good seats next round
goose91
AG
Has anyone had an appointment to buy season tickets?

The last email i received on anything related to season tickets was creating a 'SeatGeek' account.

I was just curious to know if anything has actually happened yet.

Chris '91
fig96
AG
Got my seats yesterday, anyone else pull the trigger yet? Sounds like they're almost sold out for the premium seats so we should see the general seats going on sale pretty quick here.
fig96
AG
First player signing! Young attacking player, good start.

JCRiley09
AG
Those highlights look great
AgRyan04
I got my season tickets today....I'm officially excited
jeffk
AG
Released details on the new home kit today. I really like it - green is an underutilized color in pro soccer and these look pretty clean. I'm a disenchanted Dynamo fan, so I'm being slowly wooed by this new team on the block. Dynamo's big rebranding effort from yesterday was pretty lame IMO. (The new Dash stuff looked cool.) Of course, we haven't seen anything from Austin FC on-field yet, but surpassing the Dynamo there isn't a high bar to clear.

fig96
AG
Yeah, I'm diggin' this look. Atlanta does have a similar template, but no one really owns the striped look in MLS and with Seattle/Portland heavy on green I think this is a good direction to go. The launch video and the Yeti video are pretty cool too (and while I realize we've got a slight bias against here, it's pretty great to have McConaughey as your default voiceover).

I've got a spot reserved at the "Verde Van" (which looks pretty awesome) on Saturday, not sure if I'll get a jersey or just see what other exclusive launch merchandise they have.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.