U20 World Cup

carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think first tiebreaker is goal differential, which makes playing Qatar in the final group stage match favorable for the U.S. I don't think Nigeria beat Ukraine, though.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

I think first tiebreaker is goal differential, which makes playing Qatar in the final group stage match favorable for the U.S. I don't think Nigeria beat Ukraine, though.


Thanks! I don't think so either. But you never know!
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going into group play, I believe Nigeria was the slight favorite to win the group.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Going into group play, I believe Nigeria was the slight favorite to win the group.


After watching both, I'd go with Ukraine. Keep in mind these are very young men and Ukraine isn't far from Poland.
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

I think first tiebreaker is goal differential, which makes playing Qatar in the final group stage match favorable for the U.S. I don't think Nigeria beat Ukraine, though.


I looked it up yesterday and GD is the first tie breaker. Hopefully we win by 4-5 and just put it out of reach.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Am Mine said:

PatAg said:

Going into group play, I believe Nigeria was the slight favorite to win the group.


After watching both, I'd go with Ukraine. Keep in mind these are very young men and Ukraine isn't far from Poland.
I think if we played Ukraine again we would beat them. We had tried out a new formation/tactics with Weah in the lineup, and it didnt do well against a Ukraine team that was bunkering for large portions of the game. They are good though for sure.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

I Am Mine said:

PatAg said:

Going into group play, I believe Nigeria was the slight favorite to win the group.


After watching both, I'd go with Ukraine. Keep in mind these are very young men and Ukraine isn't far from Poland.
I think if we played Ukraine again we would beat them. We had tried out a new formation/tactics with Weah in the lineup, and it didnt do well against a Ukraine team that was bunkering for large portions of the game. They are good though for sure.


We out played them 90% of the game so I don't disagree.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I read from Paul Carr, that with results that have happened as of yesterday, we can advance with a draw and even possibly with a loss.
Personally, I vote we win by 4 goals.
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Win and things take care of themselves.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91 said:

Win and things take care of themselves.


Yep. Never a good strategy to leave it to the hands of others.

That being said, if we lose or tie today we don't deserve advancing.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going out with a 3-5-2 formation?



Mendez, Konrad and Richards need to be careful not to pick up another yellow card.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be interesting to see how they play without Pomykal.
aggiesoccer#1fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Norway turned a -4 goal differential into +8. All the more reason for the U.S. to take care of business.
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn. The Hondurans just got abused.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

Damn. The Hondurans just got abused.
Yea I just saw that. Good god
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesoccer#1fan said:

Norway turned a -4 goal differential into +8. All the more reason for the U.S. to take care of business.


I couldn't believe that scoreline
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn, Norway put a dozen past the Honduran goal keeper. That forward scored 9 in the game. Wow.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
akm91 said:

Going out with a 3-5-2 formation?

Looks like a 4-4-2 with Mendez or Soto adding midfield support making it look like a 4-5-1 on defense

eta: so i guess more like a 4-4-1-1
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yikes. First 13 minutes are no Bueno.
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This lineup was made to win 1-0 or draw 0-0. Almost nothing doing moving the ball into the attacking third.
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any idea how to stream this? I checked Fox Sports Go and it's not listed
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's the link
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That takes me to Women's Golf
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well this game is about as interesting as womens golf so far...
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what link I'm using too.

Not sure why it's not listed for you on FS website.
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tysker said:

Well this game is about as interesting as womens golf so far...
Their possession style they played the last 2 games is gone. They can't maintain possession and seem a step slower than Qatar.

If you can't count on consistency from 17-20 year old, who can you count on??

I would say they took advantage of the liberal drinking laws, but most of them are European based already

Great save!
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ya the offense could use Pomykal as a pivot for sure. Wingers have nothing to do and lots of sloppy play out of the back
RABidAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our backline is maddening!
RABidAg91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That should have been a straight red!
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe not available to your area?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
I Am Mine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RABidAg91 said:

That should have been a straight red!
Agreed.

Mendez's ball had too much bend on it or he hit it too far to the right.
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RABidAg91 said:

That should have been a straight red!
Yeah, that was a horrible tackle. Luckily Weah didn't get hurt.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure I'll even watch the 2nd half. Qatar looks better than us and that's embarrassing.
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.