Pulisic...Does he make a move?

1,340 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ZofranAggie
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://football-talk.co.uk/140698/liverpool-chelsea-do-battle-over-deal-to-sign-62-5m-star-as-club-prepares-to-sell/

He reportedly turned down the opportunity to negotiate a new contract and Dortmund have slapped a 62.5M pound price tag on him. 2 years left on the contract so he would have to be sold by next summer but they really should sell him this summer...that's a game changer.

So does he make a move this summer or not??

I think he does and I think Liverpool are the club to do it. Klopp is familiar with him and likes him. Liverpool are also playing Champions League again next year which is an incentive.

What y'all say?

texagbeliever
Out of all the big epl clubs, sadly I think chelsea would be best for him. Liverpool and city have insane depth up top. Arsenal and spurs could be tough for him to crack into as well. Man U, well with Jose there I dont think pullisic would be a good fit.
AustinScubaAg
AG
He gets regular playing time at Dortmund. He is better off staying then moving and likely being a bit player at bigger club. He should wait a couple years in my opinion.
Ferg
The entire first half of the Liverpool vs Dortmund match last week the announces said he should stay put to develop because Liverpool was stacked and he'd play less......Then he played in the second half and scored two goals and had an assist(i think) on them.
AustinScubaAg
AG
I watched the liverpool dortmund game. The stat line for pulisic was not really indicitive of the game. Dont use a preseason game to as a measure of if he needs more experience and regular play. He needs to be more consistent game to game which only come with regular playing time.
wangus12
AG
I think he needs at least another season at Dortmund because he is pretty much a guaranteed starter. Allows his development to continue which is needed. Its not like he lit the Bundesliga on fire last season and needs to be more consistent. If he moves for a big price tag, the pressure will be huge and fans can be very unforgiving if he doesn't perform immediately.
OregonAggie
AG
I should've been more specific in the OP. I'm not asking if you think he SHOULD make a move. I'm asking whether or not you believe he WILL make a move.

I think he'd be better off staying for many of the reasons mentioned but I believe he may actually do it. If it's true that he refused to renogotiate a contract there, then he must either want more money from them or he wants to move on. I'm guessing he wants to move on.
jeffk
AG
I think he stays in Dortmund one more season.
ssmason
I think he will still be at Dortmund through the end of the summer transfer window. Could be a January transfer though depending on how the season plays out
Aston94
AG
I would like for him to stay one more season, be a star at Dortmund and then move on to a bigger club, preferably not Liverpool, because f@$k Liverpool.
OregonAggie
AG
We will just disagree...Best place for him for obvious reasons.

Because I'm a Liverpool fan!
wangus12
AG
So he can sit on the bench behind better players?
OregonAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

So he can sit on the bench behind better players?

I'm just disagreeing with Aston regarding destination.

I'll be clear in saying he should stay another year with Dortmund. He starts every game and that wouldn't happen at Liverpool this year Hell I would play Shaqiri over him at this point, although I'm admittedly a big fan of Shaqiri's.

I do think there's a decent chance he moves before the window closes and a better one he moves in the winter. Dortmund is smart to start shopping him now though.
eiggA2002
AG
That's a huge fee to sit on the bench...also, I"m going to say it, but he's not good enough (yet).

This right here...I get young players wanting to cash in, but I'd rather play at a good club (Dortmund is a really big club) than sit the bench at a mega club.
Quote:

I think he needs at least another season at Dortmund because he is pretty much a guaranteed starter. Allows his development to continue which is needed. Its not like he lit the Bundesliga on fire last season and needs to be more consistent. If he moves for a big price tag, the pressure will be huge and fans can be very unforgiving if he doesn't perform immediately.
JJxvi
AG
Step one: Sign for Chelsea
Step two: Languish in the team
Step three: Get loaned out
Step four: Get sold and play well
Step five: Get purchased by rival club
Step six: Congrats you are now a world class player
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I think the ultimate answer to "does he move this summer" is "no" simply because EPL clubs will hesitate to pull the trigger at 62.5 million pounds for an American that had a solid season last year at Dortmund, not a great one.
JJxvi
AG
I think the Dortmund asking price is 55m pounds. 62.5 is in euro. Also, there is no way Pulisic costs as much as Dortmund's opening asking price. 62.5 million Euro would put Pulisic in the top 25 or so most expensive players ever. If contract extension talks really did break down between Dortmund and Pulisic this weekend, then I'm pretty sure he's gonna be sold. He's not gonna be as expensive as their first asking price though.
CoolAggie
AG
I want Arsenal to sign him so then he can end up at Chelsea or Man U. Not bitter.
AustinScubaAg
AG
If he does get sold would be great if he is sold then loaned back to BVB or another team where he gets meaningful playing time. Cashing in and sitting on the bench is the worst thing that could happen to him right now.
TXAggie2011
AG
BvB is a good club that will give him Champions League, good league competition, and a chance to play alongside some really great players.

From the outside, I don't think he should be in a hurry to become a fringe starter/substitute on a "bigger" club somewhere else. He's in a plenty good situation.
ZofranAggie
AG
I laughed then cried then died a little inside
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.