***** Official USMNT vs Trinidad & Tobago WCQ Thread *****

31,609 Views | 633 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatAg
BIMS O1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You realize the one goal tonight was from Pulisic?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffdjohnson
titanmaster_race said:

**** Mexico. I still ****ing hate that Zusi was a try hard and scored that goal 4 years ago.

This is exactly why I didn't feel confident the US would find its way through tonight if they took a loss. They had to have the win or draw to move on. Mexico and Costa Rica would lay down in the end if they could knock us out. That's what happened.
birdman
14 Americans played tonight. Pulisic had a nice goal, but otherwise was ordinary. Nagbe has some moments in second half. Dempsey was decent.

I can't think of single player that had a good game. Not one guy. About half of them had their worst game of qualifying. Simply shocking.
Furlock Bones
AG
BIMS O1 said:

You realize the one goal tonight was from Pulisic?
losses bring out the stupid in every fanbase.
amercer
AG
Well that sucked.
wangus12
AG
First time in my lifetime. Honestly didn't think it would ever happen
who?mikejones
AG
wangus12 said:

who?mikejones said:

Really sucks for pulisic
Does it. Kid has absolutely disappeared in away games all through qualifying and they didn't even really target him tonight.

Sorry dude. He is the future of us soccer. He scored tonight is about the only bright spot of this whole cycle.
Mathguy64
AG
Well look at it this way. We don't have to be upset by a crappy draw and we don't have to get angry watching them go 0-2-1 and fail to get out of the group. And think of all the money saved on not taking a team to Russia. Best yet? Nike doesn't make millions off of a new craptastic WC 2018 jersey designed by a color blind committee of students who failed out of art at the Rocco School of Design.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
ja86 said:

Well soccer is done in america. Thank you very much.
Pretty much. I don't see how you market this sport to kids when we can't even make the biggest stage.
HiddenAg2
Absolutely pathetic performance from the US. Only needed a tie. The odds of everything going against us in a 10 minute stretch was unbelievable. Devastating for US Soccer.
titanmaster_race
I just bought a US soccer shirt last weekend. I want to burn it now.
aggietony2010
AG
And ****ING panamas first goal wasn't. How is there no goal review at this stage?!
ja86
AG
JJxvi said:

Missing the world cup doesnt matter anymore like it would have 8 years ago. Whats mostly shocking about tonight was the Klinsmann like performance slowly plodding kicking into the teeth of three foot tall mud grass. Arrogant and naive

You are so full of ****, .. I have no words... only us will pay attention and only us means *****
Gigem Trevas
I got **** on by this board for saying we may not qualify.
AgGrad99
AG
I wanna cry a little.
Terk
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

I got **** on by this board for saying we may not qualify.

You did.

And I believe I was one of those voices.

I offer my sincere apology.
ja86
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

ja86 said:

Well soccer is done in america. Thank you very much.
Pretty much. I don't see how you market this sport to kids when we can't even make the biggest stage.

They will go play football, basketball, and baseball.
PatAg
AG
The u17s win the world cup would help

For those of you predicting this team wouldn't make it, you're still ridiculous
This team was too talented to not make it, it's unacceptable
boogieman
AG
Wow
Olsen
AG
A no appearance at a World Cup for the first time in 3 decades. Wow.
JJxvi
AG
who?mikejones said:

JJxvi said:

LMissing the world cup doesnt matter anymore like it would have 8 years ago. Whats mostly shocking about tonight was the Klinsmann like performance slowly plodding kicking into the teeth of three foot tall mud grass. Arrogant and naive

I disagree at least from a fan building perspective
I don't think it matter at this point. The World Cup is insanely popular here. If anything it will just make our reappearance much more of an occasion IMO. The domestic league has always needed to carry the water and will continue to do so. It has made concacaf in general much better, and competition is good. Meaningless games where you will definitely make it is boring, fandom is built on highs AND lows. Having a short term bandwagon for 4 matches every four years doesn't grow the sport as much as people think it does in an era where everybody watches it anyway.

randy828
AG
Twellman is saying exactly what I was saying..that 44 yard shot...I would be happy with every shot against US goalkeepers being from that far out. What happened? Stuck in the mud? Old? Tired? WTF?

"You can't tie or win against T&T? You don't deserve to be in the WC"

I agree.
Unemployed
AG
These guys don't got the fight. They're weak.
gambochaman
AG
They had zero sense of urgency i just dont understand....how do you come out so flat???????
Seven Costanza
AG
How would I describe those final 15 minutes with the triple screen on Telemundo? Really tense and really boring, which is a pretty odd combination.
10Aggie10
AG
OP played with fire against Panama and got lucky. decided to play with fire again and got burned. this loss is on OP. ban user
Socrates05
AG
Disagree completely. Most of the people I watch games with started at a World Cup and got hooked.
datrixstunna
AG
PatAg said:

It has been proven otherwise. This team is crap
titanmaster_race
datrixstunna said:

PatAg said:

It has been proven otherwise. This team is crap
Pahdz
Alexi was right all along
DeangeloVickers
AG
Bottom line we suck

It starts at the top
who?mikejones
AG
Dammit us soccer. How do you not qualify in concacaf? How can you be so incompetent? Wtf is wrong with you?

I don't want to see any player that played tonight(save pulisic and yedlin) get the call up until after next summer, at the earliest and if ever again.

Dempsey, Howard, altidore, Bradley, Gonzales, besler, or anyone over about 24. Eff them. They failed us. In 5 years they won't be here so thanks for your service and don't let the door hit you.
birdman
Coming out flat might be understandable. You hope it doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be that unusual.

However, once you give up the goal, I expect the team to start playing inspired soccer. Nope.

Then you get chewed out at halftime and come out great. You get a good goal in first minute. That ought to get the team rallied. Nope. Just sorta slept walked for next 45 minutes.

And you're getting constant updates from other games which ought to get your fired up.

I don't get it.
buildingchampions
AG
How I started in '02
Out in Left Field
AG
who?mikejones said:

Dammit us soccer. How do you not qualify in concacaf? How can you be so incompetent? Wtf is wrong with you?

I don't want to see any player on that played tonight(save pulisic and yedlin) get the call up until after next summer, at the earliest and if ever again.

Dempsey, Howard, altidore, Bradley, Gonzales, besler, or anyone over about 24. Eff them. They failed us. In 5 years they won't be here so thanks for your service and don't let the door hit you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.