*****OFFICIAL U-17 WORLD CUP THREAD*****

4,668 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LondonOllie
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So sounds like halftime adjustments, come out and grab a goal in the first 15.
PatAg
AG
Booth seems overmatched this half. Didn't get to see first half. I know we lost a good player to card accumulation last game. I'd look to sub him first
PatAg
AG
Need a different shape in midfield. Easily being pressured a d dispossessed this half
moneyag7
Sub in the 55' Dest on for Booth
PatAg
AG
As much as Carleton deliveres against Paraguay he isn't showing much this half. Gotta turn it up
Pahdz
#5 for England looks and is built like a grown ass man
Pahdz
Just outclassed
PatAg
AG
This half has been pretty pathetic. Barely able to string passed together. Looking lost on defense.
moneyag7
England 3-0 US. That's game. Had our chances but the absence of Goslin in the midfield opened up some big gaps for the England offense. Good run for the baby nats though.
PatAg
AG
Whoever #8 is, he has been a turnover machine centrally
And on relatively easy passes a lot of the time
moneyag7
PatAg said:

Whoever #8 is, he has been a turnover machine centrally
And on relatively easy passes a lot of the time
That would be our own Texas native, Blaine Ferri. Southlake born and raised.
moneyag7
Sargent gets one back. Dest whips one across and the England keeper can't hang on. Sargent taps it in to make it 3-1 in the 71'
PatAg
AG
Offense really turned it on the last 5 minutes, grabbed a goal back
moneyag7
Vassilev in for Ferri in the 73'
moneyag7
Reynolds in for Watts in the 81'. That's a midfielder for a defender sub
Pahdz
Soft rich kid, that explains it
moneyag7
Pahdz said:

Soft rich kid, that explains it
I personally hate Southlake for highschool football related things so yeah I'll agree to this comment
Pahdz
I'm from Katy so no apologies needed
PatAg
AG
2 or 3 guys just looked like they didn't belong on the pitch at all and Carleton pretty much no showed. Hard to judge the forwards when the midfield was dispossessed so easily as a whole
moneyag7
Dest trips a guy up from behind in the box. Brewster converts the PK to complete his hat trick. USA falls to England 1-4.

The Baby Nats are now out of the FIFA u17 World Cup.
PatAg
AG
Overall a good world cup, lots of players showing promise
Dre_00
Better team won but the team didn't play as bad as the scoreline suggested. Clearly some attacking talent in this squad. I'm cautiously optimistic about at least half a dozen players.
OregonAggie
AG
Man I was too busy stoking the fire in my pit and running to the store to remember this game.

Boys seemed like they had a good showing this tournament. Hopefully a bunch of them turn into players for 2022...damn that's so far away.
MidTnAg
AG
Reaching the quarterfinals in both U-20 and U-17 has to give us some hope for the future.

No matter, the "youngsters" had successful seasons and deserve congratulations.
jeffk
AG
England continuing their fantastic tournament as they dismantle Brazil 3-1 in the semis. Brewster scored another - the kid is pretty special.
PatAg
AG
MidTnAg said:

Reaching the quarterfinals in both U-20 and U-17 has to give us some hope for the future.

Yep, great performances, and a lot of what I liked was the style we played in both tournaments. We were moving the ball well, moving off the ball well, and pressing on defense. Not just lumping the ballforward and praying.

I forget what the guys name is, but he was out on yellow cards for the England game, but he had been pretty key to our possession up to that point from the games I saw. Goslin maybe?
akm91
AG
PatAg said:

MidTnAg said:

Yep, great performances, and a lot of what I liked was the style we played in both tournaments. We were moving the ball well, moving off the ball well, and pressing on defense. Not just lumping the ballforward and praying.

I forget what the guys name is, but he was out on yellow cards for the England game, but he had been pretty key to our possession up to that point from the games I saw. Goslin maybe?
Yep, it was Goslin. What also hurt was that we were playing 2 center mids as center backs (Sands and Durkin). Also, Lindsey didn't play either from what I heard.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
LondonOllie
Been watching this today as I slept in and didn't watch Spurs lose to Man U.
This has been a great match, and England beat Spain 5-2 in the final.

Pretty amazing for both the U17 and U20 age groups to win the world cup in the same year.
Brazil is the only other team to win both in the same calendar year so really impressive.

It this can over time help our senior team, it would be great, but I have my doubts. We always play poorly and are not at the level of the top other 6-8 teams in the world if you ask me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.