going to be in Europe this year, and want to go to at least one top level match

1,077 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dre_00
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
which stadium should I try to get tickets at? Will start in Barcelona, but traveling through all of Europe, so any league is a possibility.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Been to Allianz Arena, goodison park, upton park, and some less remarkable others.

Depends on what you're looking for. Goodison was my favorite but I'm an everton supporter.

Allianz is a lot of fun because Munich and beer and German strumpets EVERYWHERE.

Also look at lower division teams with good support. Will be cheaper and just as much fun.
AGC
AG
If you have your itinerary I'd see who's playing when you're in those cities and then decide. Could the the difference between champions league games and a regular league
match against last place. The Bernabu is the only one I've been to (for liga, la Champions, and pre-season) but I loved it. Tickets are easy to get on ticketmaster too if you want to know where you're sitting instead of dealing with scampers.
aggie7911
Dont laugh but I would go to Valencia they have a bat outlined in their stands.
Mustang1
AG
Dortmund is always impressive.
90 bull
AG
we will be gone for a year and going through all of Europe, so I am planning on hitting several cheaper venues, in a variety of sports, but want at least one top level (and probably expensive) option. One of my goals is to go to the Eternal Derby in Belgrade.
heddleston
AG
What's that stadium in Portugal that's carved out of an old quarry? You should check out a game there.
deadbq03
AG
As someone who doesn't follow any top-flight club, I think if I had to pick one game that I'd drain my wallet for, it'd be Real Madrid - Barcelona, whose combined player net worth nearly doubles that of the #3 in that category. So many good players on the field at the same time.
The Shank Ag
Stamford Bridge
CDub06
AG
Wow, your trip sounds awesome. You just taking a sabbatical to travel or what? What a great opportunity.
agsalaska
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Stamford Bridge

Only if you need to take a nap.
byfLuger41
wangus12
AG
heddleston said:

What's that stadium in Portugal that's carved out of an old quarry? You should check out a game there.
SC Braga. Been to a match there. Beautiful place.
datrixstunna
AG
agsalaska said:

The Shank Ag said:

Stamford Bridge

Only if you need to take a nap.
Can confirm. Best nap I have taken during a match was at Stamford Bridge.
90 bull
AG
this is our retirement trip. we both retire May 2nd, so we decided to sell everything and travel for a while in Europe. Have to stay out of country for 330 days minimum. We'll see after that.
CDub06
AG
Well, congrats. Enjoy it - you've earned it.

Be sure to check back in over here and let us know where you end up going
Dre_00
Honestly, I second the Dortmund suggestion. You can't wrong if you get tickets to a massive rivalry like Barca-Real but Dortmund's atmosphere seems incredible. The fact you could see the best American teenager ever start for them is icing on the cake.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.