Aggie Soccer badge - uniform concepts

7,731 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Capt. America
Capt. America
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I decided to play around with a new badge concept as well as uniforms to go with it.

First off, I based the badge on the old alternate logo that had E. King Gill, replacing the leather cap with a soccer ball.

Old

New

Home kit

Away kit

3rd kit

Thoughts? Suggestions?
titanmaster_race
Badge seems a little complicated.

3rd kit is awesome.
LeonardSkinner
Not enough bevel
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Badge seems a little complicated.

3rd kit is awesome.

I was hoping to do something a little different. The ATM is on virtually everything so I decided to spice it up a bit.
jeffk
AG
Too Nike
jeffk
AG
Seriously though. I like them.
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Too Nike

Yeah, that was just the template I had on hand.
Capt. America
AG
Additionally, I did a redesign for US Soccer, inverting the top part of the crest and establishing a more consistent look to further set our identity.

Home kit:

Away kit:

3rd kit:
titanmaster_race
Love em. Although I think George Washington would prefer 76 or 83 to 12.
jeffk
AG
Does FIFA require home teams to wear white socks as well?

I really like the USA kits you posted here though. Wish Nike would pay attention and give us a consistent, American look year in and year out with some slight variations every once in a while.
heddleston
AG
I'm sure CTs would flip out over it, but I've always thought they should just put the corps arm patch on the jersey, or at least have something similar
LeonardSkinner
I'd be interested in seeing an Albiceleste look, vertical maroon and white stripes.
LSU Baseball Fan
Those are beautiful. Nike needs to hire you.

I loved our kits at the start of the JK era.

The Texas A&M kit designs look good too. I hope one day LSU can have a men's team. I would support it with lots of $$$.
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Those are beautiful. Nike needs to hire you.

I loved our kits at the start of the JK era.

The Texas A&M kit designs look good too. I hope one day LSU can have a men's team. I would support it with lots of $$$.

I'm in the same boat. I love the A&M women's soccer team, but I would love to see the men get one as well.
Capt. America
AG
12 is easy. That's why I did it.
agdoc2001
AG
Fantastic job!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CoolAggie
AG
That 3rd kit for US Soccer, take my money now.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
I'm sure CTs would flip out over it, but I've always thought they should just put the corps arm patch on the jersey, or at least have something similar
I doubt they would and I think it's the best idea on here
heddleston
AG
Any time i played Master League in PES i owuld make A&M and try and replicate that insignia for the badge and bootleg a big fat Whataburger W for a shirt sponsor.
Bockaneer
AG
Like both team concepts - can you do the third Aggies in a pinks and greens color scheme?
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Like both team concepts - can you do the third Aggies in a pinks and greens color scheme?

Which one would you prefer as the primary? I can give it a shot at least. I might switch it up and put the lone star logo on there as well.
Bryan98
AG
Like I said on Twitter, your takes on the Centennials and Waldos are fire. I think I like your pallette swap of the new crest, too.

The Aggie uniforms are great, although I'm not with you on the badge. Someone else mentioned the Corps shoulder patch - maybe a variation on that, some change to make it unique to the soccer team? Possibly another pallette swap.
Capt. America
AG
quote:
Like I said on Twitter, your takes on the Centennials and Waldos are fire. I think I like your pallette swap of the new crest, too.

The Aggie uniforms are great, although I'm not with you on the badge. Someone else mentioned the Corps shoulder patch - maybe a variation on that, some change to make it unique to the soccer team? Possibly another pallette swap.

I'll give it a look to see how it would work. The only thing I might do different is switch up and move the "m" outside of the star.
Bockaneer
AG
I like the Home and Away treatments but rather than the blue thirds I was thinking along the lines of adopting the midnights colors (dark olive tops and "pink" khaki shorts).. works esp if you're adapting the corps patch as well.

>>>image from http://corpsofcadets.org/taba-news/ <<<
On the USA kits, I liked all three but I really liked the sash Away kit.
Capt. America
AG
So, for this update, I did two separate takes on the Corps patch.

Added the second to the current kits

...and per request, here are a couple of 'Midnight' concepts. I gave them brown socks to match the corps boots:

Bockaneer
AG
Thx CA- I like the last set of midnight a best but that could be the color on my phone.
Capt. America
AG
The only difference is the socks are a little darker with khaki on the shorts
fig96
AG
Fun stuff, not loving the corps versions but some cool ideas in the others.

The horizontal stripes on the jersey seem to hit at an odd place though, they'd be sort of visually chopping the chest in half (as opposed to an upper torso stripe).
Bryan98
AG
What about those crests with no star?
Capt. America
AG
Perhaps, but do you still want the inverted lettering different from the T?
Bryan98
AG
Maybe not.
Capt. America
AG
How about this one?
Bryan98
AG
I love it. Maybe thicker maroon outline on the shield, but I love the general design.
Capt. America
AG
quote:
I love it. Maybe thicker maroon outline on the shield, but I love the general design.
Thicker border, just for you.
Bryan98
AG
Love it! Print the shirts!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.