Tottenham 2016 - 2017 Thread

56,839 Views | 861 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Socrates05
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the most impressive thrashing we've had since last season. Never were in it.
LondonOllie
That game versus the Bin Dippers was bad.

Moving onto better news, Harry Winks has signed a new long term contract.
LondonOllie
Smith&Co1970 said:

Well the feeling is mutual.

These next few months are gonna be fun to watch.

Good luck, Sir.

I can't wish you luck for that wanky team you support but appreciate the subtle trolling you do....especially on the Gooners page. Ha! :-)
IJones23
WTF?!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Hope Kane is okay and thank goodness for 2nd leg
DeangeloVickers
AG
Surprised to see so many 1st teamers playing today

Really glad to see Kane
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Nice win...huge statement game.

KANE!!!!!! with the hat trick.

QF of the FA Cup....woo hoo!!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Eriksen crosses to Kane make me happy
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

By the way in case anyone missed it - a 5th Level club Lincoln City beat Burnley of the EPL yesterday 1-0 in another FA Cup game.

It marks the first time EVER that a club that low (not in the Football League - or top 4 levels) has made the Quarterfinals of the FA Cup. Well thats since 1925 anyway...before that the FL had only 2 levels.

Still a remarkable run they have beaten a 3rd level, two 2nd level and an EPL team.

http://www.espnfc.us/report?gameId=473308

Also with Sutton United also in the 5th round (they play tomorrow) This was the first time two non-League teams have made it this far in the same season since the establishment of the Football League in 1888, 129 years.
titanmaster_race
That's incredible. That squad is going to get tons of revenue.
Mathguy64
AG
I have seen reported that this is the first time since 1914 that a non league team has gotten to the QF.
t - cam
AG
Good draw for spurs in the round of 8. Was happy to see pochettino take it seriously today with a good dose of regulars. This team has a very good shot to get some hardware here and still won't have to use the entire full squad most likely till the semis.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yeah we got Millwall a level 3 team. Nice. Well we should get to the semis.
Serotonin
AG
Just make sure to slash Millwalls allocation from 4K and have plenty of security on hand.
Socrates05
t - cam
AG
Bring on the Fa cup.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Kane hat trick.
bobinator
AG
Well this is going well
LondonOllie

NBC PRESENTS:

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR TO DARE IS TO DO

"Take an in-depth look into the Club's history and ethos and go behind the scenes of our new stadium with NBC's Men In Blazers' host Roger Bennett as he interviews the likes of Chairman Daniel Levy, Manager Mauricio Pochettino, Head of Coaching and Player Development John McDermott and Captain Hugo Lloris."

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs-tv/features/nbc-presents-tottenham-hotspur--to-dare-is-to-do/?utm_source%3dDirect

DeangeloVickers
AG
Kane!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
crazy finish but....W

Beau Bevers
AG
COYS!
LondonOllie
Looking forward to the match on Sunday.
It's starts at 10:00am Eastern.

Here's the channels its on: http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2362552/tottenham-hotspur-vs-millwall/

It's difficult to explain what it's like to attend a match like this - just as in many ways it's difficult to explain why there's something special for me about walking up Seven Sisters through Tottenham towards the old WHL and the grimness of it all, vs going to a shiny new modern stadium (Emirates for example) that now are becoming more common.

For local supporters that have been around a long time, Spurs vs Millwall is the kind of match that's going to create a massive buzz and one that you'd definitely want to attend. If you're a newer fan and maybe removed by some distance, it's just something that's a bit tough to wrap your head around. A Division One team that's been winning is who we're playing and well, so what? But understand that there's history there....a fair bit of history between the fans and the atmosphere is going to be very err....passionate.

Anyway, I hope we take this match seriously. On paper we should win, but this is the FA Cup, and as we're up against another London team, I won't take anything for granted. I hope the gaffer and the manager feel the same way. I would happily take third instead of second in the league, if we can win the FA Cup. It's lost some of it's glamour recently, but for me....it's still a very special competition.

If you can, you should definitely watch this one.

COYS!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That was a great shot by Son.

2-0 Spurs

COYS
Beau Bevers
AG
Really ugly ankle roll for Kane. Dang.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Beau Bevers said:

Really ugly ankle roll for Kane. Dang.
Yeah as long as it's just a sprain it will be ok.....

We only have 1 game in the next 2+ weeks with the International Break coming....Southampton next week at home and then off until April 1 when we play Burnley.

byfLuger41
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ugh. ankle ligament out up to 6 weeks optimistically after the international break in another 2 weeks.......Janssen to take his place.

byfLuger41
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

ugh. ankle ligament out up to 6 weeks optimistically after the international break in another 2 weeks.......Janssen to take his place.

Who?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ummmm Kane. Did you not see the FA cup game. He left injured in the first 10 minutes. Hard tackle rolled his ankle.

Read the posts just a few up.
titanmaster_race
saw an article about Pochetinno wanting to replace janssen with some paraguayan kid who only has 4 goals in 18 appearances.

still probably better than janssen
byfLuger41
AG
Negative.

I've been in Belize the past week on my honeymoon. That's a huge blow for Spurs.
t - cam
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

This was a week ago. Poch hinted maybe only being 3-4 weeks.
titanmaster_race
congrats smitty!
byfLuger41
AG
Thanks, dude!

Good luck today gents.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.