Chelsea 2016-2017 Thread

74,814 Views | 1180 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gigem Trevas
Terk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KTBFFH!!!

IT'S GAMEDAY!!
Gigem Trevas
Missing the opening game today. I don't like this monday game.
byfLuger41
AG
Team to face West Ham: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT (c), Azpi; Kante; Willian, Matic, Oscar, Hazard; Costa.
byfLuger41
AG
Tonight's subs: Begovic, Aina, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Pedro, Batshuayi.
Mathguy64
AG
Costa with the first "do not mess with the referee" yellow of the season. Shocker.
byfLuger41
AG
mathguy with the first negative-Costa post of the season on The Chelsea thread. Shocker.
Terk
AG
0-0 at the half. Come on you Blues!
Mathguy64
AG
I was actually the first in match poster. Positive or negative. And it's really not the original official Cheasea thread so no harm no foul.
Old School Rucking
AG
1-0
byfLuger41
AG
Touche
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
1-0
Terk
AG
Goal Hazard!
byfLuger41
Gigem Trevas
Terk
Mathguy64
AG
That was GK handling by Adrian. His own defender swept the ball out of the area, he went and retrieved it, brought it back in the area and picked it up. Can't do that when your own player kicked it.
Gigem Trevas
Diego!
Old School Rucking
AG
COSTA!!!

2-1
gougler08
AG
quote:
Diego Costa, who should have been sent off earlier, scores the winner for Chelsea.

So I'm not watching at all, but this is how the Guardian phrased the goal on their MBM. Something about clipping Adrian while on a yellow. Thoughts from those watching?
byfLuger41
Terk
AG
Scored goal / DGAF
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
Diego Costa, who should have been sent off earlier, scores the winner for Chelsea.

So I'm not watching at all, but this is how the Guardian phrased the goal on their MBM. Something about clipping Adrian while on a yellow. Thoughts from those watching?

Goalkeeper tried to deke Diego with his feet and it was a striker like challenge on a goal keeper. Could it have been a yellow? Yes. Would it have been harsh? Absolutely. There have been other incidents that would have been more appropriate to send him off then that. I'm shocked he's still on the pitch personally.
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
quote:

I couldn't complain if he was sent off. Foolish play for sure. To be fair, there's been some crap calls both ways. Terry's jersey was pulled so hard it ripped on a corner.
Mathguy64
AG
He got away with it. He lunged in to Adrian studs up and got him smack on the side of the leg.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Scored goal / DGAF

3 pts.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
quote:
Could it have been a yellow? Yes. Would it have been harsh? Absolutely.

How would that have been harsh? It was dismal tackle that should have been a yellow. The only harshness I see is that he got away with it. Just because he is a striker doesn't mean you forgive a bad tackle.
Serotonin
AG
Sounds like Costa should've gotten a yellow but Chelsea also dominated the match so all's well that ends well.
Old School Rucking
AG
English and Scottish leagues have always let players get away with a bit more than the continental leagues when it comes to contact with the keeper (keeper contact on other players as well).

I understand the Hammers feel they were done dirty by the ref, but there's no doubt Chelsea deserved the win today though. It's been a long time since I've seen our players compete that hard for every 50/50 ball.

Also refreshing to see a manager with a Plan B. TSO is great at setting up a team, but he struggled to adjust to situations outside of halftime. Great to see Conte Switch to 4-2-4 with some fresh legs up top and go for (and get) all 3pts at home.
cs09
AG
Great way to start!
byfLuger41
AG
Week 1 and we already have Costa drama.

You can't make this **** up.
gougler08
AG
quote:

He's a media dream
Diego
AG
Smith&Co1970 is a jackwagon

byfLuger41
AG
quote:
quote:

He's a media dream

He's like a Drogba, but more ****ty. Who would Costa's Arsenal equivalent be?
Mathguy64
AG
quote:

Every good team needs to have someone that everyone hates or who is the media lightning rod. It lets everyone else off the hook. It could be a player or a coach or even the owner but you need one.
byfLuger41
AG
Be that as it may, but I feel like Costa is the most hated player on Chelsea AND in the EPL.

If not him then who? It used to be Balotelli.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.