Freddy Adu to Chivas USA

695 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/08/chivas-usa-lining-up-adu-as-designated-player.html

Another rumor I'm hearing is that Eddie Johnson is going to come back to MLS and possibly sign for Chivas USA as well.
Father Torque
AG
Good for Freddy. He needs playing time and this will provide that for him.
fig96
AG
Didn't see this one coming, glad to see Freddy going somewhere where he'll get playing time though. Hope it works out for him, he seems to have stepped up his game a bit in the last year.
Kampfers
heddleston
AG
welcome home Freddy
chunt75
This could be the break he needs
ja86
AG
now it looks like the union instead...
buildingchampions
AG
Back with his former DC United coach right?
HatTrickHero411
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/freddy-adu-returning-to-mls-will-join-philadelphia-union/2011/08/11/gIQA6Yh58I_blog.html#pagebreak

i just hope he gets loaned out when the mls season ends. my only negative with a return to the mls is that he would be idle for 2 months or so, while the euro players are still playing.

good luck to him. if he continues to buckle down, he will be back in europe in a season or 2.
Brick Tamland
just got a text from ESPN about Adu joining the Union. good thing the Dynamo are done with them for the year...
fig96
AG
Hearing mixed comments but it sounds like Adu is a DP.

Apparently Chivas was set to sign him till their owner nixed the deal.

quote:

@SoccerByIves
The big loser in this deal? Chivas USA. Goats wanted Adu & had him all ready to sign, but Jorge Vergara killed the deal, wants more Mexicans.
Dre_00
What does it matter if he's idle for 2 months in the winter? He'll make that up in the summer of 2012 when he's playing and the European leagues aren't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.