FS: Intel NUC Mini PC

3,797 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JustinAg97
JustinAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have Intel NUC Mini PCs for sale if any Ag is interested before I list these elsewhere.

NUC7i5BNK Specs:
i5-7260U 2.20Ghz CPU
16GB RAM
360GB M.2 SSD/250 GB M.2 SSD
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, so perhaps some light gaming
Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265, RJ-45 Ethernet
4 USB 3.0 (one yellow in front for charging)
HDMI plus USB C for dual monitor setup
Includes power adapter

https://imgur.com/a/AAnaDSb

Win10 20H2 or higher installed but you will need to provide a license key or install your favorite Linux distro.

$230, includes UPS shipping. I'll email photo of UPS receipt with tracking #. Prefer Venmo.

Inquiries: forspencer at gmail
Ragoo
AG
Interested. Looking to replace a crap laptop and run Web based application like Zwift. Think this would work? Won't need windows or anything just storage for the application and ability to connect to the internet.
aggiec05
AG
should do great with zwift it needs something with 8Gb of ram. Considering grabbing 1 or both to run some more container labs at the house.
Geno
AG
Considering grabbing these for a few flex space desks at the office. Will circle back tomorrow.
JustinAg97
AG
Both have SOLD.

I can get more as their replacements trickle in. ETA 2 - 8 weeks with the component/chip shortage.

Hornbeck
Interested in one. Keep us posted
NavyAg22
Interested. Please let me know if another ones comes through.
JustinAg97
AG
Alright, I have 4 of these available. Same specs/price as above. Shoot me an email to inquire. Thanks!
dubi
AG
Is this like a Mac mini? Mom needs a new computer and I'm intrigued!
JustinAg97
AG
Hello dubi

Yes, NUCs are like Intel's Mac mini. Last year I upgraded my mom's desktop to a NUC. She uses it for browsing, online banking, streaming Spotify, etc. and loves the fast startup (Win10 on M.2 SSD boots in 6 secs.) and the small form factor.
dubi
AG
Is the hard drive size 360gb? I didn't grasp that part.

Also what is the screen resolution on the graphics card?
JustinAg97
AG
Yes, 360GB SSD.

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 specs:

• Processor Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
  • Graphics Base Frequency 300 MHz
  • Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 950 MHz
  • Graphics Video Max Memory 32 GB
  • eDRAM64 MB
  • Graphics Output DP/DP/HDMI/DVI
  • 4K Support Yes, at 60Hz
  • Max Resolution (HDMI) 4096x2304@30Hz
  • Max Resolution (DP) 4096x2304@60Hz
  • Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel) 4096x2304@60Hz
dubi
AG
Email sent. I'd like to buy one.
WheelinAg
AG
email sent
JustinAg97
AG
Thank you to each Ag that has purchased a NUC or two! Hope they are serving your varied needs well.

This round has sold out. Feel free to post if you're interested in a NUC and I'll update everyone when I have more available.

Ragoo
AG
JustinAg97 said:

Thank you to each Ag that has purchased a NUC or two! Hope they are serving your varied needs well.

This round has sold out. Feel free to post if you're interested in a NUC and I'll update everyone when I have more available.

I love mine. Much better running Zwift.
JustinAg97
AG
New availability bump and lower price. $250, UPS shipping included. I have four available. Email me to inquire.
jakester03
AG
email sent
merlin403
How good are Intel NUC's with hosting multiple VM's?

I currently have a Dell r720 running ESXI. However, I am interested in replacing it with something smaller and uses less power.
JustinAg97
AG
Posting my email reply to you merlin403 in case it helps others:

Great question. I have not run ESXi on one of these.

Here is the link to the processor specs, it has 2 Cores/4 Threads and the Intel Virtualization Tech on this chipset:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97539/intel-core-i57260u-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

Just spitballing but I could see one running 1 to 2 RedHat/CentOS VMs along with 2-4 lighter ones, Knoppix/Linux Lite/etc. based off the CPU specs.

Any Ags who have purchased in the past run a hypervisor with multiple VMs successfully?

If I find any real world blog/posts regarding VM performance on this platform, I'll post another reply.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Where are you located?
Thanks & Gig 'Em
UmustBKidding
I have been running hyperv for years on an older version of this. Windows and linux dev environment for arm. Recently added vmware workstation and an additional 3 linux vms to emulate the backend part of the embedded iot system. Running out of disk bigger problem. Carry it with me in my laptop bag so have dev env wherever i go. So 2 significant vm 3 light one without issue. This system is also sata so slightly slower disk interface.
JustinAg97
AG
ThreatLevel: DFW

UmustBKidding: Appreciate you posting your insight! Hope this helps merlin and others considering setting up a VM host on the NUC platform.

JustinAg97
AG
Thank you to the Ags who purchased this round!

Update: I have 1 NUC7 with the 360GB M.2 SSD left, $250. I also have 2 NUC7s same specs except a 250GB M.2 SSD for $220 SOLD, UPS shipping included.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.