WTS: 2nd Gen iPad - $50

1,286 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXTransplant
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
16 GB. In very good working condition. No screen damage at all (it's original to the device), just some minor dents in the frame at a couple of the corners. In full disclosure, Apple wouldn't give any trade-in value because of the dents, but they are strictly cosmetic. The screen is fully intact and secure in the frame.

Obviously, it can't accommodate the most recent iOS updates, but it's great as an e-book reader or an entry-level device for a young kid. These start at $80 on Amazon.

Houston suburbs.
TXTransplant
Bump...any interest at all? Would like to get something for it since it works and the screen is not damaged.
Martin Q. Blank
It's crap past ios 6 and most apps don't work on ios 6 anymore. Maybe for car trip movie playing, but new kindle fires can accomplish that for the same price.

Every now and then Best Buy will run promotions to trade those in for $100 gift card. Maybe wait until then.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If you still have it and are interested in store credit (gun store) I could probably work out something as long as it will load in the software we use for 4473s
TXTransplant
Interesting offer EyeGuy...I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a gun. My son wants to go to the shooting range (he is a good shot), but I don't have a gun. And I have no idea what to buy, since I'm pretty inexperienced. You're out towards Katy, right? I might have to make a trip out to your store and check out your selection.
TXTransplant
Martin Q. Blank said:

It's crap past ios 6 and most apps don't work on ios 6 anymore. Maybe for car trip movie playing, but new kindle fires can accomplish that for the same price.

Every now and then Best Buy will run promotions to trade those in for $100 gift card. Maybe wait until then.

I already tried a trade in with Apple. I got $100 for mine (same version but mine was 3g capable), but this one was my son's and he dinged up a couple of the corners, so it was completely rejected. I don't really understand why, as the glass is not at all separated from the frame, and there are no chips or anything.

It's running iOS 9.3.5. It can't be updated past that version. It doesn't run super fast, but it works perfectly fine as a web browser/e-reader.
Martin Q. Blank
TXTransplant said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I already tried a trade in with Apple. I got $100 for mine (same version but mine was 3g capable), but this one was my son's and he dinged up a couple of the corners, so it was completely rejected. I don't really understand why, as the glass is not at all separated from the frame, and there are no chips or anything.

It's running iOS 9.3.5. It can't be updated past that version. It doesn't run super fast, but it works perfectly fine as a web browser/e-reader.
Apple is still signing ios 6.1.3 for ipad 2. I would downgrade to that if you're only using it as a web browser (or like I said a movie player). It's much faster. There's instructions online on how to do it.
Sit Down Rando
AG
Interested. PM me
TXTransplant
I can't PM, but if you want to leave an email, I will contact you directly (and let you know when you can delete it).
Sit Down Rando
AG
TXTransplant said:

I can't PM, but if you want to leave an email, I will contact you directly (and let you know when you can delete it).

Email received & replied!
TXTransplant
Message sent...you can delete, if you want to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.