FS: Cerwin Vega DX9 Speakers + Extras

5,893 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Flintrock
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You want some sweet floor speakers to get your man cave, garage, or home theater kicked off but don't have the scratch?

I've got the speakers for you - Cerwin Vega's DX-9 floor speakers! These speakers are in great shape and will easily blow your windows out.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/cerwin-vega/dx9/prd_119338_1594crx.aspx

These are not mine, but will give you an idea of what you are getting (mine do have the front grills which have been removed in this pic):

I'll also throw in a Pioneer receiver/amplifier (VSX-455) to push them and a six disc pioneer CD changer.

Heck, if you want to use the speakers for movie watching I'll even throw in a low profile Pioneer DVD player and center channel. (the amp/receiver is 4 channel).

Is that not enough to get you interested? How about cables? I've some great Monster brand speaker cables about as big around as your finger. S-cable? Ok you can have that too. A few RCA cables? Damn, you're really breaking my balls, but OK you can have some of those too.

So how much are you willing to pay for all of this? $1200? Probably.

But I'm really wanting to move these to a good and deserving home so I'm willing to part with the speakers for ONLY $375. And you can have all or none or any combination of the rest for absolutely nothing more.

I'm in Houston. I can bring it to if you're close. You can come here. We can meet somewhere. Whatever works best.

Let me know.

PM or user name at gmail.com
Vernada
AG
Nothing?
Vernada
AG
$300 OBO

Eliminatus
AG
Those have to be about 15 yrs old. My pops had a set. I think they discontinued at least a decade ago. I will say they that they are actually fairly decent. Personally I'm not a big fan of 15's since I prefer metal music and they can't keep up with a fast double kick beat.

So what's the story here? Upgrading finally and just dumping old equipment? I'm assuming the other stuff is just as old.
Eliminatus
AG
With that being said I do like older electronics. And I do remember the bass on those things. I might be interested in everything. Lemme consult the old man and see if he still has his(he has newer ones now) and if not I'll be interested in the deal.
Vernada
AG
The speakers are certainly the oldest and have served me well.

Amp and dvd are probably 10-15 years old.

If you read the reviews on the speakers I think you'll see most think they are pretty sweet.

We are just downsizing everything so the big speakers have to go. And without the speakers I don't have any use for the rest of it.
Flintrock
Are these speakers still available? I know it's an old post but if you don't try then you have already failed.

Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.