Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Had an interesting conversation with my friend...

11,614 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by Professional Ag
txag007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
well anyway, it's not gonna happen, because the gospel according to miller58 says next year is when we win the MNC.

Ummm.....the MNC is played for in January of '08. So the champs in '08 part is talking about this season.
schmendeler
AG
oh, ok then.
DCC99
AG
I think that we're more like the girl next door who used to be hot, but got mixed-up with the wrong crowd, gained some weight, just got out of rehab, moved back to the neighborhood, and is looking pretty good again.
schmendeler
AG
there we go.
Bocephus
AG
If our defense can play at a top 25 level in the nation, we really could go undefeated. We will likely not face any team that has as much talent on offense as we do (save maybe Miami).
JayAggie
AG
My tu friends and skeptic friends have been the same way. I think 10 wins is legit.
aTmBonfire
AG
The last time I heard this much excitment about our program was Aug 2005. We all know what happened over the following 3 months. I remember the hype being built up by Fran, the players, the media and the fans. I was onboard too, talking about possible Big XII championships. I have never felt so low about our program as I did by the end of that season.

I'm not trying to bring everyone down. I too want to believe we are going to win every game(maybe I even do), but 2005 crushed me so much, it's really only been in the last month or so that I've been able to have much optimism again. I've got to keep my expectations on an even keel, at least until I see them play 3 weeks from Saturday.
WineberryovrGold
Thanks for pointing that out before I had the chance MaroonMachine. Thanks for the replies.
Billy'28
AG
Black Cherry Kool Aid is the BEST! Pass the pitcher, DA_N'T

"86,000 times higher than the highest honored graduate of tu"
Coppell97
AG
Miller58's prediction was a winning and rebuilding year in '07 and champs in '08.

[This message has been edited by Coppell97 (edited 8/9/2007 10:50p).]
vandelay23
AG
I hope that miller58 gives us a big I told you so.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
quote:
Ummm.....the MNC is played for in January of '08. So the champs in '08 part is talking about this season.

You are wrong texag007. he always said we would be rebuilding in 07 then be champs in 08. so if we are rebuilding in 07 there is no way we win the mnc game played in 08.
jkcpow
AG
I think your on to something - I have a friend who went to Uconn and wears an OU t-shirt. He told me that we wouldn't find Bin Laden and the Iraq situation would get worse before it got better - but that’s not the point. The POINT IS - he likes our chances.
Ag90Lago
We all have to keep in mind that Fran is still calling plays this season so it's anyones guess which games we'll throw away
nbbob
A&M is like the average looking chick whose mom keeps telling her how pretty she is and that she'll find the right guy someday.
SwampFox
Well, the Iraq situation has been getting steadily worse, so about the time it gets better can we expect to be National Champs?
Flying Amoeba
AG
I hope you 10+ wins guys turn out to be right, but I think you need to tap on the brakes.

We play Miami on the road, we play the two best north teams on the road, we will probably lose to the tards and we will almost certainly be underdogs to tu.

7 or 8 wins seems to be the most we will win in my opinion.
Ag90Lago
Has everyone forgotten that coach Fran is still calling the plays so who knows which games we will just throw away in the last 2 minutes
Professional Ag
quote:
The last time I heard this much excitment about our program was Aug 2005. We all know what happened over the following 3 months. I remember the hype being built up by Fran, the players, the media and the fans.

I think Kirk was the only media talking us up.

I concur with the original poster. I have coworkers that despise the Ags and think we have the inside track this year.

Same with other folks I know that follow the team.

I think it's okay to expect good things this year, but just like everything else, it's possible it won't happen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.