Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Clemson honoring Aggies and CU grads................

7,074 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by bleed maroon
celtic_tiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
on 9/3 with Military Appreciation Day. Here's the link and also a link to the shirt they are talking about in the article.

http://www.thetigernet.com/view/story.do;jsessionid=D1157761E70D61B106E386F9EA56C51D?id=4713

http://www.tigertowngraphics.com/detail.aspx?ID=328
HvilleAggie
AG
make it a url link please
bullard21k
AG
http://www.thetigernet.com/view/story.do;jsessionid=D1157761E70D61B106E386F9EA56C51D?id=4713
http://www.tigertowngraphics.com/detail.aspx?ID=328
PedroJack07
AG
pretty cool
celtic_tiger
Thanks Bullard
Animal72
AG
Excellent! I definitely want one (even though it will most likely be orange!)
Scorebook
AG
I wish they'd make a maroon one, I'd wear it for the game. I think I'll buy one anyways.
TexAgof08
AG
I wonder if we could talk about someone gettin a maroon one done, after all that would still be supporting the cause, and i think i would be more apt to buy one, even if i dont attend the game if it were maroon
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I'd be all OVER buying a maroon version..... I may even buy the Clemson orange one. Excellent idea by CU.

“A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

John Henry Mill
PedroJack07
AG
ttt
SPSAg05
AG
I wonder if they're aware that they would enjoy a lot of success making maroon ones as well.
suture_scissors
AG
I'll be buying one.

Awesome idea.
Sinuso
AG
Good Bull.
Bonfire1996
AG
Anyone know how many Aggies have died in battle? I know 700+ died in WWII.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
One of you more industrious TexAgs guys should see if CC Creations can make a maroon one, at what cost and what they could/would donate to the same fund, or contact this John Earle guy of Tiger Town graphics about the same graphic on a maroon T, a limited production run on 500 or so, could still be the same graphic (with that heinous orange), I guaranty all 500 or 1000 he'd make would sell out, I'd buy two!!

Maybe it could be linked to the TexAgs front page?

[This message has been edited by Jarrin' Jay (edited 7/20/2005 3:38p).]
Sinuso
AG
ttt for Good Bull.
wink04
good bull but i just can't bring myself to buy an orange shirt (even though it's not burnt orange) I wish they would make it another color (isnt' their other color purple? I could go for that)
Sinuso
AG
I have a buddy at a local t-shirt stamping establishment. The wheels are in motion for maroon shirts to be sold right here in CS.

Patience will be rewarded.
TexAgof08
AG
sounds good to me, cant wait to have a maroon one...
tamuaggie2007
AG
Will the proceeds still get to go to the same fund?
AW 1880
AG
I want one.
Sinuso
AG
My initial (though limited) understanding is that yes, the same portion of proceeds will go to the same fund.

It's snowballing down hill now and seems to be out of my hands....

Dro07
AG
I would def buy one! Are you sure there is a maroon one comin out?
EMc77
AG
This is good bull and I would rather buy a maroon shirt, but beings as Okie Lite folks bought our RWBout shirts, I am not as adverse to the orange if the maroon deal doesn't work out. At least it isn't siporange.....
Sinuso
AG
I was the second person to know when the phone calls were made to the Dude in SC to get the copyright BS straightened out.

As I write this, contacts are being made to determine the level of interest from the TMF and the AoFS.

Barring any unforseen circumstances, paint me 98.9% certain this will happen.
AggieRob
This is exactly why I like playing Clemson (and I root for them against anyone but the Good Guys)! Good bull!!!

Waiting to hear about the maroon version. =D

Aggie Football... it's FRAN-tastic!!!

"Great necessities call out great virtues" -- Abigail Adams

(The original AggieRob... not to be confused with "Aggie Rob" or "AgyRob" -- not that there's anything wrong with that)
Sinuso
AG
I'm gonna be out of town for a couple of days, but I'll see what I can do to stay on top of this.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
AWESOME!! Count me in for three!!
AggieRob
Yup. I'd get 2.
TxAgg07
AG
awesome idea. ill be buying em no matter what color.
Sinuso
AG
Latest news - the proposal to make them in maroon is washing around the CU Licensing Dept.

Most licensing-types will let you do what you want as long as it doesn't dis' their school or have sexual/profane slogans associated with registered trademarks. More when I find out....
Jarrin' Jay
AG
they need to get off their @$$ and just rubber stamp it, regardless if they get anything out of it or not.

It will get bogged down with them asking if A&M fans purchases will have $$ donated to the same fund and the machinations to get that done.

I hope it gets worked out. The best and easiest thing would be for the them to make them and link the sales to this site, then they could collect all the $ themselves and control it.

I wont buy ANYTHING in ANY shade of orange.
musicalaggie
Good bull! No way I'd buy a orange shirt though. I'd buy a maroon one.

The least they could do since their "Solid Orange" is like "Maroon Out" is to offer shirts in both colors. Aggies can support military in maroon, Clemson in orange. This is a great idea, and I'm glad they included both school's fallen.
ClemsonfaninGA
Wonder what happens if you mix orange with maroon, what color ya got?
AggieRob
Not sure, but after consulting my handy-dandy color wheel, it would apparently be U-G-L-Y. A muddy, dark red-orange would likely be the result (there's not a single website with "mixing maroon and orange" in it -- that ought to show you how little interest there is in doing that). =D

Just killing time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.