Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bama Georgia

4,992 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by BBRex
TAMC28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jonb02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool
Pizza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
POTD.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
281 mile drive from UGa campus to Gump campus according to google maps. A Georgia player can drive that in just over two hours.
Hank the Grifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Central Time Zone/Eastern Time Zone
Agsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttt
A&M Give Us Room!
Jimbo4win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Before NIL-The two best teams in the SEC. After NIL-Still the two best teams in the SEC.
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I suppose there is no debating this?
MSFC Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RuhRoh

Rec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isaias is coming to gameday
HappyAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This game is going to be cancelled or moved.
GigEmReggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rec said:

Isaias is coming to gameday
gust picker
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rec said:

Isaias is coming to gameday


Yes, he's coming to your cit-tay
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leftlane4passing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think it's gonna happen either.
ECAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the spread?
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Georgia opened -1.5. Bama is favored by that amount now.
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
SgtBarbarossa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cromagnum said:

RuhRoh



That's gonna be a lot of wrecked trailer parks
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
High Tide

dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tuscaloosa is expecting the worst of it, NE wind 25 to 35 gusting to 45 with thunderstorms, Saturday afternoon, and it's a night game. The weather will be improving by kickoff. And it's not like Tuscaloosa hotels should be full of evacuees. Football fans booked the rooms months ago, and the much larger, nearby Birmingham Metro is full of hotels.

They might cancel it, but I don't think that they should.
Aggie_Fire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dabo man said:

Georgia opened -1.5. Bama is favored by that amount now.

Of course the Tide would have advantage if playing in a hurricane!
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a cat 3 bearing down on Alabama. There are going to be power outages and a lingering tornado issue.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Meteorology degree. I'm aware. The tornado threat is in the NE quadrant of the hurricane. The system will be will north of Tuscaloosa by kickoff.

I suspect they'll cancel it. I just don't think that they should.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone remember when Bama refused to travel here in 1988 because of a hurricane? Don't remember the name of the storm, but it wound up hitting Mexico and it was a cloudless Saturday with no football.

I still have a hurricane map for the December 1988 Hurricane Bowl.
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dabo man said:

Tuscaloosa is expecting the worst of it, NE wind 25 to 35 gusting to 45 with thunderstorms, Saturday afternoon, and it's a night game. The weather will be improving by kickoff. And it's not like Tuscaloosa hotels should be full of evacuees. Football fans booked the rooms months ago, and the much larger, nearby Birmingham Metro is full of hotels.

They might cancel it, but I don't think that they should.

Cancelling it seems unlikely due to $ and playoff implications.
I'm sure they don't want to move it for many reasons (including Trump planning on continuing his 2026 college football tour at the game).

A few years ago South Carolina moved a game up to Thursday and Florida bumped a game back to Sunday due to Hurricane Ian in 2022, so it's not like this is unprecedented territory.

This article doesn't even contemplate cancellation.
SEC monitoring Tropical Storm Isaias as Alabama vs. Georgia showdown nears - CBS Sports
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Neither Alabama nor Georgia would be eligible for the conference championship game if it's cancelled according to this article, so perhaps A&M should be rooting for cancellation and chaos.

What happens if severe weather postpones Georgia-Alabama?
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dabo man said:

Anyone remember when Bama refused to travel here in 1988 because of a hurricane? Don't remember the name of the storm, but it wound up hitting Mexico and it was a cloudless Saturday with no football.

I still have a hurricane map for the December 1988 Hurricane Bowl.

Hurricane Gilbert. Remember it well, my freshman year at A&M. Turned out a beautiful day.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
RogerFurlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Faustus said:

Neither Alabama nor Georgia would be eligible for the conference championship game if it's cancelled according to this article, so perhaps A&M should be rooting for cancellation and chaos.

What happens if severe weather postpones Georgia-Alabama?

They'll just change the rules. Big 10 has done it, ESPN wouldn't let Georgia or Alabama miss the championship game due to some technicality.
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I've said "cancel," I really meant reschedule. But I haven't looked at either team's schedule. I suppose rescheduling would be less easy without the extra non-conference cupcake that's been replaced by a 9th SEC game.
MagnumLoad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By kickoff it will just be a wet field and gusty west wind.

ETA that fans traveling is the biggest issue I think.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
jrgypsum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should go ahead and postpone - this storm gonna cause big problems
KatyAggie2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most importantly people traveling in for the game. May be a fairly empty stadium unless you're already in town. I know a lot of Bama fans come in the day of.
AozorAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jrgypsum said:

They should go ahead and postpone - this storm gonna cause big problems

They definitely should not postpone.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.