Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

College Football viewership down 11% from last season

6,230 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by JP_Losman
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love college football not a huge fan of pro. College football is now pro football we just call it college.

Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are lots of issues, but in the end, it just doesn't feel as fun.



VP at Pierce and Pierce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tex117 said:

There are lots of issues, but in the end, it just doesn't feel as fun.






That's the biggest challenge I've had these last few years with us. We are not fun to watch. I can get behind us losing a wild 42-38 barn burner with great plays or a defensive slug feast. But don't do any of that. We fart and fall down for 4 quarters while the announcers on tv rave at how great our QB or WR is & how highly recruited they were meanwhile they look unathletic and unable to perform the basic tasks of their position. Just slop. Flip to another channel and watch a regional rival carve up a defense or their defense fly to the football getting sacks & interceptions. Log on that night to Texags and read a bunch of our fans tell me my eyes are lying and we are talented and the coaches need more time because by golly they are good people that get A&M.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct.
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My comment is more general. Call a spade a spade. A&M has been basically 8-4 this millennium. So what you are describing isn't new.

I mean the overall vibe of college football. Portal, NIL 12 team playoff, conference realignment diminishing old rivalries, conference champs being meaningless….

It's just not as much fun.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JohnClark929 said:

When an SEC team is playing another SEC team, I'm probably watching more this year.

All other games, I'm watching a lot less.


The SEC is the epicenter of everything wrong with college football now
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how much viewership is down (TV and attendance) at the G5 schools. I can't imagine that constantly losing to players these last few years is helping retain fans.

CFB is making it easy to not watch
NavyVetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the money, playoffs, NIL, portal, is ruining/has ruined CFB. It's almost as unwatchable as NFL. I only watch one game each weekend, and the way they are playing, I am not as enthused.



amg405
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breaking news - football is awesome.

I will be watching.
El Chupacabra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tex117 said:

There are lots of issues, but in the end, it just doesn't feel as fun.





The Navy/AF game was over 3 hours long from kick to finish. The last 2 minutes felt like it took forever..4 minute '2 minute warning'...3 timeouts. Not sure what else.

At one point, there were 4 games on my over the air channels. They were ALL in commercial. Multiple games that started at 10am were still going beyond 1:15pm.
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too many ads for too long a period of time.
Bob_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never seen a sport (i.e. entertainment) think its a good idea to penalize nearly 50% of every exciting play like football.
Big hits, here's your targeting penalty. Big runs, here's your holding. Punt return for a TD, bring it back.

Every year I find it less enjoyable to watch.
4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Tex117 said:

There are lots of issues, but in the end, it just doesn't feel as fun.






That's the biggest challenge I've had these last few years with us. We are not fun to watch. I can get behind us losing a wild 42-38 barn burner with great plays or a defensive slug feast. But don't do any of that. We fart and fall down for 4 quarters while the announcers on tv rave at how great our QB or WR is & how highly recruited they were meanwhile they look unathletic and unable to perform the basic tasks of their position. Just slop. Flip to another channel and watch a regional rival carve up a defense or their defense fly to the football getting sacks & interceptions. Log on that night to Texags and read a bunch of our fans tell me my eyes are lying and we are talented and the coaches need more time because by golly they are good people that get A&M.
Rec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is Ass My Dude said:

MaroonStain said:

Fannie Luddite said:

It's over-produced and over commercialized. I'm not sitting down to watch 2+ hours of garbage commercials.


Yep. Seasons are way too long now plus rules changed where clock continues to run when player runs out of bounds so Disney can pack in more commercials


Am I missing something? How can there be additional commercial if the clock doesn't stop?


Possibility the dumbest question ever.
JP_Losman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread has the parable of sour grapes written all over it
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.