Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field isn't remotely as loud as Death Valley and its our fault

5,898 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by runontexas
PeekingDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't imagine worrying about LSU at all. Absolute garbage school, stadium, and people. What an odd post.
Arachnologistguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are weak from the opening profane cartoon entrance tune.

No legit power at all.
There is only one narrative: The ETs Farsight is in contact with are the good guys. Not so regarding the faction of et OUR military is in bed with.
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

One thing that would help is the Corps. As the Keepers of The Spirit, we could just break up the corps block and disperse them throughout the alumni side and let them work as intermediaries for the yell leaders.

Equip them all with sabers so that if any of the blue hairs decide to sit down, Gomer can give them a little poke to remind them that The Spirit doesn't die just bc they're about to…


Damn this is a good post!
vwbug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our band plays slow beat songs that will put you to sleep. It's terrible for in game. Great at halftime but in game they are terrible. Too slow.
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been coming to Kyle Field since 1997. I've gone to nearly every monumental game at Kyle Field for 29 years. I went to Death Valley for the 2013 game. It was a really sloppy day, rain and drizzle during the game. That was by far the loudest stadium I've ever been in. I could not hear the person next to me on 3rd downs. It was THAT loud. Partly because the fans were out for blood when it came to JFF. But the OP is right. I experienced it first hand.
dc1234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The tu game against Ohio St. looked really loud and their drone/light show looked pretty cool. Have we ever tried something like that. Might get our fans to wake up a little.
WhataMaroon88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

First, their band is way more interactive in the game. The songs their band plays on first down, 3rd down, and touchdowns are felt even from the opposite end zone. The easy fix is to reduce the number of songs the DJ plays and emphasize the band more.

Talk to our athletic department, the games are scripted. I've seen the scripts before. Out band is only allowed to play at certain times, same with the yells, etc. It's really gross.

Too much DJ

Hell, I was at the volleyball game last week and THEY even played a DJ too much. FFS, can't we sometimes hear the sounds of the atmosphere/game for once? Even at Reed I had to yell to talk to my friend. That's insanely dumb.


I miss the days of a minute of quiet anywhere. It's always loud and busy these days…
QB1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only stadium that shocked me for how loud compared to small crowd size was the U, easily they were piping in noise and the overhangs work, we need to add overhangs to Kyle field
rgt99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Their fans probably stay due to the fact they have no 11:00 am or 2:30 games when it's 105 degrees outside.
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Been coming to Kyle Field since 1997. I've gone to nearly every monumental game at Kyle Field for 29 years. I went to Death Valley for the 2013 game. It was a really sloppy day, rain and drizzle during the game. That was by far the loudest stadium I've ever been in. I could not hear the person next to me on 3rd downs. It was THAT loud. Partly because the fans were out for blood when it came to JFF. But the OP is right. I experienced it first hand.


Was at that game, don't remember it being that loud.
Sq 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is a great deal of things that need to be improved at Kyle

The DJ is an issue we need less DJ and possibly use the DJ in a consistent way instead of just letting him vibe with the crowd. ( if there is a consistent use of the DJ ignore this bullet point )

More Drunk Frat boys closer to the stadium is unlikely part of the solution.

The Corps block annoys people but I don't think that is more than an annoyance and breaking it up And will not change the experience

More night games, a better team, would help and it is criminal how many night games LSU is awarded

The band is a non factor and there are things they could play
The Imperial March from Star Wars and Johnny are good for crowd engagement

I disliked " Fiddle in the Band " but there needs to be something for that long break between quarters

A few of The 3+ minute TV timeouts need a scripted recurring crowd engagement bit.



AGSPORTSFAN07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not gonna lie, I went to my first game in more than a decade this year and Kyle Field is STUPID LOUD. So much I may never go back and just old man it in front of the TV.


To me, it's loud in a bad way. The FTAB is pretty much useless for generating noise now. The student section can't be heard over the insane rap/techno that's played every 5 minutes. The Yell Leaders are pretty much useless for making noise. I know I'm old Army but we used to hold things down in the 90s...didn't need a lot of loud techo to make KF loud.

I'm gonna sit down now and drink my lunch like an old man should.
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tamuloverihatetuandolemis said:

I was sitting in section 417 in Tiger Stadium and it was deafening all game. They do so many things way better than us.
First, their band is way more interactive in the game. The songs their band plays on first down, 3rd down, and touchdowns are felt even from the opposite end zone. The easy fix is to reduce the number of songs the DJ plays and emphasize the band more.
Second, their alumni are way more bought in into bring the noise than our former students and its sad. The moment there was a 3rd down, my ears rang from the noise.
Third, tailgating is so much better than ours. The fix is quite simple. Bring back frat tailgates on campus with the men's org tailgates. Maybe just maybe put them all in the drill field. Not in the corps so maybe there's a reason that we don't let that happen but it would make tailgating so much more fun.
Fourth, its simply better built to keep everyone engaged. Their alums don't disappear into A/C five minutes into a game, killing the noise level because they don't really have that option to my knowledge, outside of the suites, which are high above the field, giving the more passionate fans who want to yell all game the seats closer to the field.
Maybe I'm wrong but that stadium is the loudest in cfb that I've been to. Kyle is great and still top 5 but still behind LSU

We aren't LSU, and don't need to copy their band. t.u. hired someone with an LSU background a few years ago and this person felt the need to LSU-up their repertoire and add some short tags to play between plays. It sounds forced and contrived.

If your ears were ringing from that game, you may need to see an ENT doc. It was not particularly loud by any standard. It can get loud, but we didn't see a top tier LSU crowd performance Saturday.

Your concern for frat tailgates, as opposed to other tailgates, is interesting. Tailgating is alive and well on campus. First person I've seen concerned about a lack of frat tailgates.

LSU's stadium is the worst Rube Goldberg contraption in the conference. Ours was rebuilt to generate money (west side) while keeping the students in some of the best seats in the house (east side). If you think that stadium is in any way, shape, or form, superior to Kyle Field, then I just don't know what to tell you. It's not even the best old school stadium (that would be Neyland).
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Op is full of *****
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Been coming to Kyle Field since 1997. I've gone to nearly every monumental game at Kyle Field for 29 years. I went to Death Valley for the 2013 game. It was a really sloppy day, rain and drizzle during the game. That was by far the loudest stadium I've ever been in. I could not hear the person next to me on 3rd downs. It was THAT loud. Partly because the fans were out for blood when it came to JFF. But the OP is right. I experienced it first hand.


Was at that game, don't remember it being that loud.

I was up pretty high in a sea of LSU fans. That may have played a part. But the 3rd downs were deafening.
runontexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes but everyone was watching the game and not their iPhone.

Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
runontexas said:

Yes but everyone was watching the game and not their iPhone.




Sippy sip. Home of the worst big crowd in the country. I'd say it must make yall sad to see how pathetic your big crowd is, but then again yall dont care.
USMCSparky21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe a hot take nowadays, but I think our tailgates are great. Were also very inviting to even opposing teams. Its one of the few places I know where drinking and having class still mixes well. Its such a friendly environment. Also, for those who are jumping off the bandwagon, its never too late to keep repping the best school. Our football program maybe going through a hard time, but were still an amazing alumni organization no other university can touch in my opinion. I prefer more alumni than tshirt fans in the stadiums anyway.
Hullabaloo81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Generalize much?
AggBock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turn Mo Bamba up twice as loud.
Ag1188
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would add a bit of a roof to contain the noise that otherwise goes up and out of the stadium, unless that's not how it works.
BobSacamano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
runontexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunk 'TSip' Moreland is back guys….
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.