Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Throwback Game

3,065 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Sgt. Schultz
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.

Mat Lanticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just want us to do the

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... GIG EM AGGIES!!!!

when we kick off.
A is A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zephyr88 said:

I just want us to do the

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... GIG EM AGGIES!!!!

when we kick off.
Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And we could break up the corps block!!

While we're at it, make it male-only! Just like the good ol days!!
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.



I would go to every one of them.

I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



aTm FAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A is A said:

zephyr88 said:

I just want us to do the

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... GIG EM AGGIES!!!!

when we kick off.

because A&M is Texas A&M.
aTm FAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the purpose of Yell Practice if yell leaders are not practicing the kickoff yell?
because A&M is Texas A&M.
LarryLayman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpac 08 said:

And we could break up the corps block!!



This absolutely should be done!!!
LarryLayman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm FAN said:

What's the purpose of Yell Practice if yell leaders are not practicing the kickoff yell?


In the days of cell phones, tik-tok and you tube, Yell practice is to make us look cringy to the rest of the world in real time.

tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just find a way to short circuit/blow the transformer for the sound and video system. Worked for the FSU game
brunsie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Aggie Baseball games are still very enjoyable.

Basketball was not as enjoyable as I remember. DJ blasting terrible music every second he could.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still do it.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm 52 and completely forgot that we used to do that. I'm being honest. The dj, ribbon boards and the screens have knocked yesteryear out of my recall.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The music at basketball is absolute garbage.
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LarryLayman said:

aTm FAN said:

What's the purpose of Yell Practice if yell leaders are not practicing the kickoff yell?


In the days of cell phones, tik-tok and you tube, Yell practice is to make us look cringy to the rest of the world in real time.




This attitude is why everything changed. At some point we went from proud of our unique school and our quirky traditions to embarrassed by it. Now it's just a race to be like everyone else.

Definitely happened sometime after 1999. Back then we were proud of it. Now we want to do what everyone else does because everyone else does it.
I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



Cynic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be amazing to have a game without the corporate slop. Go to an NFL game, and then an Aggie game, they are no different now.
He is Ass My Dude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zephyr88 said:

I just want us to do the

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... GIG EM AGGIES!!!!

when we kick off.


How is that being prevented?
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buford T. Justice said:

Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.



Make it a super throwback game and don't let any women or minorities come.
EaglePassAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh **** is that not a thing anymore? Been a bit since I've gone to a game
Cynic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CharleyKerfeld said:

Buford T. Justice said:

Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.



Make it a super throwback game and don't let any women or minorities come.


Shut up and go away
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think that you're motion will be seconded.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cynic said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

Buford T. Justice said:

Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.



Make it a super throwback game and don't let any women or minorities come.


Shut up and go away

zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

I still do it.

Me too! I can't help it. But it doesn't stand a chance against the DJ.
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EaglePassAg08 said:

Oh **** is that not a thing anymore? Been a bit since I've gone to a game

Nope...yells are basically a thing of the past, and the only time you really hear the band is at halftime.

Nowadays, it's more about the DJ and Ali getting his mother****king dope.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Why don't we make games like The Citadel, throwback games, where there is no DJ, and the advertisements and game breaks are kept to a bare minimum, and we dial up the Yell Leaders and the Aggie Band up to 11, or 12? It would make those "meaningless" games into highly desirable games.

Probably would require a corporate sponsor to offset the advertising loss.




I wouldn't hate it, but it'll never happen.

The thing is now unless you're older nobody remembers this atmosphere. And the younger ones don't want it.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just waiting for one of the many roving video camera people that constantly show the fans waving, yelling, doing the horns down sign and all the other stuff because their life now has meaning because they were shown on the video board, so I could flip them off with my middle finger.
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I respectfully disagree. I don't think that the kids even know what they are missing. I heard the band more in the LSU game than at any of our home games. Aside from halftime. I think that we've played the telephone game for 25+ years, and now we think that we've played can't get back to our roots.
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I respectfully disagree. I don't think that the kids even know what they are missing. I heard the band more in the LSU game than at any of our home games. Aside from halftime. I think that we've played the telephone game for 25+ years, and now we think that we've played can't get back to our roots.

All of the energy that is put into the DJ used to directed at the field through our yell leaders.

I went down a rabbit hole on YouTube last night watching clips from old games across the NCAA. It's crazy how much louder and passionate the fans used to be compared to now.

But you are right. They probably have no idea what they are missing.
I don’t say this in a braggedocious way. But it’s true. I’ve been right about everything.

-Donald J Trump
-9/22/2025



annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
brunsie said:

The Aggie Baseball games are still very enjoyable.

Basketball was not as enjoyable as I remember. DJ blasting terrible music every second he could.


They did that at the volleyball game last week too. It was ridiculous. I couldn't even talk to my friend it was so loud and constant.

Sometimes I just want the old atmosphere of a game feeling with no music going constantly. It's ridiculous.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I respectfully disagree. I don't think that the kids even know what they are missing. I heard the band more in the LSU game than at any of our home games. Aside from halftime. I think that we've played the telephone game for 25+ years, and now we think that we've played can't get back to our roots.


Of course they don't know what they're missing. But the athletic department and the people that run the games are not going to let them realize it either.

So it isn't really about what they do or don't want. Although these generations have to be entertained every second now not like we did. That was my point.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The early/mid 90s Kyle Field experience far surpasses what they're doing now. It used to be about football. Now it's about light shows, the DJ, Mo Bamba, and terrible concessions at premium prices.

And tickets are stupid expensive if you want to sit anywhere that allows you to actually get a good view of what's happening on the field.

Sometimes less is more.
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sgt. Schultz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mat Lanticus said:



Hey - where's my compensation for NIL ????
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm FAN said:

What's the purpose of Yell Practice if yell leaders are not practicing the kickoff yell?

To give the milkmen yell boys a stage to tell cringe "Ol' Rock" stories that are worse than "bad dad jokes" and often end up on social media to make fun of Texas A&M.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.