Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

One Heartbeat. . .

8,972 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 19 yr ago by
Scorebook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Your dealing with a MOB onearmy, at least here. These guys have allowed a game played by young men to be the dominant factor of their social and emotional life.

I didn't know Rice band members posted here.
Aggie99
AG
quote:
We have never needed maroon bands to prove we are behind the team in the past and we don't need them now.

Change Detection
AG
I think most folks on this board really feel for the players and will hang with them through another poor season. I think what we are seeing is a coaching staff focusing less on the fundamentals of football, which we saw very little of, but spending effort on a church-camp gimmick to hopefully be mindful of a greater good. I like church camp, it can be uplifting indeed, but it doesn’t do you any good if you don’t have the fundamentals of having faith. A&M football doesn’t have the fundamentals down of this system, so being one team with poor “basics” doesn’t give you a win. Perhaps a poor analogy…maybe better said by, they are indeed one team, but they are one team that just got outscored.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Sorry guys, I am a loyal to the end Ag but I could care less about wristbands and gimmicks. What I want to hear about and see is improvement in fundamental football like blocking, tackling, covering, catching......etc...............
AGSWON
AG
I wonder how many of our new recruits will ask for one of those wrist bands?? I wonder if they glow in the dark???
Oveta
quote:
Thanks ONEARMY, you've no idea how such sentiments will help the team.
You give yourselves far too much credit.
3%
One hearbeart? If there ever was one it appears to be flat-lining. Some had better get the paddles out, stat.

CLEAR!! SHOCK!! beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Looks like we lost 'em.
jnoack
This is GREAT!

Aggie Football is sinking (QUICKLY) and you want wristbands. If Fran can't inspire our team based on the storied past and a history of rich traditions he is in BIG trouble. And no wristband is gonna help.

I would really like to see Fran enrich our players and the team by developing a game plan around the players and talent we have, not the SYSTEM he is trying to establish. I believe that he is so hell-bent on installing his SYSTEM that he is overlooking the talent we do have.

By the way, I dropped Coach from Fran to inspire him to earn it back!

Icecream_Ag
S
Its not about the ****ing wristbands. Listen to yourselves. You've done nothing but rip the idea that the team needs your support and then wonder why they dont respond to playing at Kyle Field. Just being there isnt good enough. You have to support your coaches and players throught thick and thin. I may not go to a&m, but I know that's the fundamental belief of the 12th man. Listening to all the poster *****ing and moaning that Fran couldnt pull of a Miracle only God could is embarassing.
TAMU_91
AG
quote:
Just being there isnt good enough. You have to support your coaches and players throught thick and thin.

Who says I am not supporting the coaches and players through thick and thin by being there? How exactly does wearing a cheesy bracelet enhance my support?
FTACO2007
The bull wasn't while he was at A&M but hell it's an example...
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
OneArmy, Good job on the RWB out. It was a sucess and I am proud to have been there.

This however is just a gimick to have a gimick.

I wanna see some da mn improvement. Pronto. We do way to much as a school and fan base to tolerate no improvement.
SENIOR FAN
OPAG - damn fine post -i would like to ask the rest of these so called aggies if they have ever given any thought to what they want to be when they grow up???
jim spencer
let's see:

" I ain't humpin' it no more cause it ain't doing no good... they ain't blockin'and tackling"
" I ain'i standing up no more for the game cause it is silly, ain't doin' no good.. thy ain't blocking and tackling"
" That collie barking on the sidelines ain'nt helping, put her in a kennel... they ain't blocking and tackling"
" I ain'i doing that corny "Farmers Fight " that came from the ancients cause it ain't helping... thay just ain'nt blocking and tackling.

Nice try OneArmy but these guys don't get it and ain't ever gonna' get it, just clueless. but keep bringing the ideas, lots of Ags do get it.
Traveshamockery
[Watch the profanity, please - STAFF], there is a fine line between having pride and having foolish pride. Why can't we just take our licks with some dignity and not resort to such stupid and unoriginal crap as matching wristbands? Fighting cancer is a lot more noble reason to wear them than supporting a football team.

quote:
Don't underestimate the power of community groupthink!

Some would say that our tedency to groupthink has led us to this point in our football program.

[This message has been edited by Traveshamockery (edited 9/7/2004 10:37p).]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 9/8/2004 8:21a).]
cecil77
AG
How ironic. You got exactly what I was saying w/out even knowing what it means...
Traveshamockery
No...you just have no clue in the context that it actually came across as.
cecil77
AG
^
|
|

quote:
This post is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
Traveshamockery
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Snore,Snore .......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The boys on the field have to do it. They are the ones that have to "play as one heartbeat, play for the name on front of the jersey, etc....." It doesn't make a damn whether the 12th Man is waving 12th man towels, wearing wristbands, standing the whole game, & yelling our a$$es off. Its not for us to decide - its up to the players.

Just a thought. Is it possible the 12th Man is taken for granted by a few?

Flame away.

ONEARMY
"I think the most important thing of all for any team is a winning attitude. The coaches must have it. The players must have it. The student body must have it.If you have dedicated players who believe in themselves, you don't need a lot of talent." -- Paul "Bear" Bryant
FTACO2007
THE COACHES MUST HAVE IT. THE PLAYERS MUST HAVE IT. Our players are acting like they don't even care. They are giving up in the middle of these games. What effect do you think that is going to hve on the fans, even Aggie fans. I'll be there, yelling my lungs out, but I can understand why I'll only be among 65,000 or so others later in the serason instead of 82,000 or whatever.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.